Allomerus - The Mars factor

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Mars Factor

The Ultimate Reality Television show…

John Wegner: Guitar, Synths, Bass, Vocals
Paul Wegner: Drums and Percussion

Thanks to those that have a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/allomerus/the-mars-factor

The Mars Factor

I’m standing in the lights then
I look at all the cameras in this room
Waiting for me to do something entertaining
The audience is lusting for drama
Too late for second thoughts
There is no way back

I’m thinking of the time when
I had a normal life with out this stress
Waiting for this bomb to send me on my way
I won’t ever smell the green grass again
There is no chance to turn
There is no way back

There is no reality here.

I am getting ready to dis embark
On a hostile world watched by you all
Waiting for this plot to turn against me

Which one’s unstable
Which one will entertain

Isolation
Suffocation
Titi-lation
Television

That’s a wrap
Last edited by Allomerus on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

A compelling epic with drama and tension. The story is conveyed quite effectively. It feels like I binge watched an entire season of "The Mars Factor" on Netflix. I'm a little exhausted but also itching for another episode. :) There are lots of little details to listen for like that quiet intro for example.

I think there is excessive sibilance at a few points - "in the lights."

At first, I thought the "bomb" meant the reality contestant was committing suicide. It then occurred to me that the bomb was a rocket taking him to Mars. I guess both interpretations work.

Frantz wrote:A compelling epic with drama and tension. The story is conveyed quite effectively. It feels like I binge watched an entire season of "The Mars Factor" on Netflix. I'm a little exhausted but also itching for another episode. :) There are lots of little details to listen for like that quiet intro for example.

I think there is excessive sibilance at a few points - "in the lights."

At first, I thought the "bomb" meant the reality contestant was committing suicide. It then occurred to me that the bomb was a rocket taking him to Mars. I guess both interpretations work.
Hi Frantz. Thanks for your listen and comments. I'll have a listen to "in the light". Thanks for that.

You are lucky, originally this idea was going to be a concept album but instead I cut it down to only 10 minutes... ;) It did take a while to put it together, originally it was the bass line at the start and the Guitar/Theremin sound and it grew from there once I had the idea for the show.

Hadn't thought of your idea for the bomb, it was meant to be the rocket, but I like the idea it could be something else... Psychologically, the whole idea of a reality show could be thought of a bomb going off in someones brain too! It would drive most people mad... :hyper: :help:
Bandcamp

...hey, that's a very diversified song! It was very cool how the different parts in the beginning slowly joined together in an unforseeable way. very interesting different parts, sonically and melodically creative. and the sentence "there is no reality here" impressed me.

a solid Piece of art!

Allomerus wrote: You are lucky, originally this idea was going to be a concept album but instead I cut it down to only 10 minutes... ;)
I think a reality tv show is a good subject for a concept album.

Too bad Seismic is on some kind of hiatus. He would have some good comments on this especially the proggy instrumental parts.

enjoyed this very much, Wegner Bros! as Frantz mentioned, a de esser might smooth the vocals out.
drums, bass and guitars great as usual. good job :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

TrekStar wrote:...hey, that's a very diversified song! It was very cool how the different parts in the beginning slowly joined together in an unforseeable way. very interesting different parts, sonically and melodically creative. and the sentence "there is no reality here" impressed me.

a solid Piece of art!
Thanks Trekstar! Glad you enjoyed how we pieced it together, I mostly wanted a nice flow to it apart from the obvious changes. I do like writing lyrics and it can difficult be coming up with lines, luckily this one just popped into my head. Thanks again. :)
Bandcamp

Frantz wrote:
Allomerus wrote: You are lucky, originally this idea was going to be a concept album but instead I cut it down to only 10 minutes... ;)
I think a reality tv show is a good subject for a concept album.

Too bad Seismic is on some kind of hiatus. He would have some good comments on this especially the proggy instrumental parts.
Agree it would be a great topic for a concept album, maybe one day I'll do the extended remix.... Yes, it is a pity Tim is away, he always enjoys Prog! Hopefully he is ok! :)
Bandcamp

layzer wrote:enjoyed this very much, Wegner Bros! as Frantz mentioned, a de esser might smooth the vocals out.
drums, bass and guitars great as usual. good job :tu:
Thanks layzer. Two for the de-Esser, will definitely have a good listen to it... :)
Bandcamp

I'm back from the jungle. I was voted off after 3 weeks :( Just taking a listen now. First impressions are favourable.

Still loving this one...first listened on SC a few weeks ago.

Particularly enjoying the way I pickup an extra little detail on each new listen!

seismic1 wrote:I'm back from the jungle. I was voted off after 3 weeks :( Just taking a listen now. First impressions are favourable.
Sorry to hear about your jungle experience. That's the price you pay for being a celebrity (at least around here ;) )

Glad you are enjoying it! :)
Bandcamp

ChamMusic wrote:Still loving this one...first listened on SC a few weeks ago.

Particularly enjoying the way I pickup an extra little detail on each new listen!
Thanks ChamMusic! I had thought I got a bit carried away with extra things to listen to. It's a fine line...
:)
Bandcamp

I finally got around to listening to this. On my third listen now. I loved the intro with the "creepy" atmosphere and the Colin Edwin-like bassline, the "wind" and the bell-motif. Paul's drums sound really good on here, and the organ/tron combo and the chord changes give the song an early '70s Genesis vibe. You also have lots of varied sounds/FX on the different guitar parts. It's a great mix and the lyrics tell a story that is probably not as far-fetched as some might imagine. A very enjoyable piece of Prog.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:I finally got around to listening to this. On my third listen now. I loved the intro with the "creepy" atmosphere and the Colin Edwin-like bassline, the "wind" and the bell-motif. Paul's drums sound really good on here, and the organ/tron combo and the chord changes give the song an early '70s Genesis vibe. You also have lots of varied sounds/FX on the different guitar parts. It's a great mix and the lyrics tell a story that is probably not as far-fetched as some might imagine. A very enjoyable piece of Prog.

Good work :)
Hi Tim. Thanks for your listen and great comments. I thought I was close to the wind here with the amount of stuff going on, I like to give listeners added detail. It's fine line between adding interest and overdoing it though, so glad you enjoyed it. I was looking for a mix of creepy and grand with this track as I think Reality TV shows are like that with all the manipulation and editing that goes on. You can't get much grander than Tony Banks Mellotron with Organ... :)
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”