*** Evolution Banshee 8-String Metal Guitar AVAILABLE NOW!! ***

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hailing from the fiery core of the earth comes the hottest virtual 8 string guitar library for metal and rock. Evolution Banshee covers a wide variety of techniques and articulations, whether it's epic shredding leads or gigantic quadruple-tracked rhythm tracks. The sample library boasts an expansive note range, from piercing shrieks in the highest register to monstrous growls emanating far below a standard 6 string guitar's capabilities. Evolution Banshee's robust effects engine features a myriad of virtual stompboxes, rack effects, amps, and guitar cabinets to select from. The library also includes a ton of factory presets for instantly usable clean, crunchy, and distorted tones. With 17 GB of sample content and well over 15,000 samples, this powerhouse electric guitar sample library covers palm mutes, pinch harmonics, tapping, legato articulations like hammer-ons and pull-offs, slides, muted chugs, string scrapes, and much more.

Video Demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAxDggEkzrI

Audio Demos:
Demo #1: Calamitous (Sean Godsey)
Demo #2: Symphomatic Maneuver (Hagai Davidoff)
Demo #3: Blue Lotus
Demo #4: Metal Mouth
Demo #5: Barcelona (Solonoid Studio)

Key features:
  • Over 15,000 samples totaling 17 GB of content, recorded in 24-bit, 48khz.
  • Articulations such as sustains, half palm mutes, full palm mutes, mutes, three types of squeals, tapping, natural harmonics, plus special effects such as chugs, scratches, string slaps, and others.
  • Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
  • Built-in strum pattern editor for authentic guitar strumming.
  • Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
  • Multitracking up to quadruple tracking.
Pricing:
$139 USD (regularly $179). This $40 off introductory discount lasts until August 12th, 2015.

Format:
This sample library is powered by the KONTAKT Player, so it does not require any additional software.

Downloads:
User's Guide (PDF)

Visit the product page here: Evolution Banshee sample library for KONTAKT

Or you can click here to order Evolution Banshee directly
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Congrats on another fine release, Greg. Didn't get the strat, but have to say this one is tempting... very... tempting... Could really put an ibanez solid body type to good use for solo stuff, plus you get the flexibility with the 8 strings for certain applications... :tu:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Looking very nice indeed :tu:

I picked this up yesterday, and spent a couple hours with it this morning and am pretty happy. I play guitar, but am a better keyboard player, so while I can't play really fast lead lines on the guitar, I was shredding pretty convincingly with this. I also don't own a lot of effects pedals, but have instead used software like Amplitube and Guitar Rig, but never really felt like I could nail the tone I was looking for. This set has quite a few presets, though, that sounded just right to me, and the modeled effects seem legit.

I appreciate that immediately after instantiating, I can start playing, with the samples streaming from disk until it's all loaded into RAM. I've picked up a few sample sets lately that made me wait a couple minutes for the whole thing to load before I could play a note.

Everything seems really easy to tweak here. One of the first things I did was to change the vibrato from modwheel to aftertouch, which seems much more natural and closer to a real guitar experience (remember to move the Width slider from medium to narrow to match). Also, sometimes when playing a phrase there was a hammer-on or pull-off I didn't want, but it's easy to disable those (referred to as Legato here). Conversely, sometimes when playing something, I wanted a hammer-on or pull-off, but because of the fretboard position, it wasn't happening. In that case, you can change the position with the Capo setting so you can get exactly the phrasing you want. Also, I was messing with some of the hi-gain presets and playing some palm muted phrases, which are determined by velocity (I think you can trigger them in other ways as well), and wasn't always playing delicately enough for the notes to stay muted, but then found I could easily extend the palm mute setting throughout the whole velocity range - so problem solved.

There's lots of other stuff to explore - like strumming, which I haven't even tried yet - but I wanted to post these initial impressions. I think the key to a set like this is the playability, and the sound, both of which I think they've pretty much nailed. And right now the price seems reasonable for such a large amount of sampled material, and with an interface that's been very finely tuned.

That's all for now. . .

Dan

Awesome, glad you're enjoying the library, Dan! As always, if you have any questions about how to get certain tones or certain guitar parts, just let me know.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Here's a new video overview of Evolution Banshee (in addition to the one on our webpage) created by Cory Pelizzari, showing off some of the factory presets and features in the library: https://youtu.be/gKFNSdU04Wg
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Quick update to let you know about two things:

Firstly, this is the last week of Evolution Banshee's $40 OFF introductory discount, after which it will return to its full price of $179, so don't miss out!

Also, due to the transition between the old and new websites, we had to momentarily exclude PayPal as a payment option, but it's now once again available as an additional payment method.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Sounds Brute-iful. Interface looks very powerful in the strum department, add in some bonus bass-like presets, seems like a winner. :)

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

Here's a new run-through video of all the factory tone presets included in our Evolution Banshee 8-string metal guitar sample library. There are a ton of presets, so each example had to be kept fairly brief. The video starts with the distorted presets, then goes to the clean ones, and finally covers the crunchy tones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVsAJlYJZOE
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Here's a user-made demo from Vern C (xphen0m here on KVR) using our Evolution Banshee 8-string metal guitar sample library. As soon as I heard his song, I was so impressed I just had to share it:

https://soundcloud.com/verncmusic/messa ... -a-banshee
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

I ended up getting this Bad Larry... well... along with the strat. :) with the new site Greg is giving out a nice discount on total orders for loyal customers. Not sure what the "orange slice" => discount scale is, but I got 50% off the whole order (including the $40 intro discount). Anyhow... love both of 'em.

One very nice thing about Banshee in particular is its versatility. I was a bit surprised at first at the at the overall plucky/twangy tone you can get out of it... kinda of a cross between a strat and a tele. This is actually a big bonus, IMO, because together with the extended range for metal etc this guitar lib can be used in a LOT of contexts... Obviously metal, rock, shred, etc. but also good for blues, jazz, country. If you're looking for a good chickin pickin sound, Banshee might be worth a look, though you might not think so given the name and description as a metal guitar. Check out some of the clean presets in the last video, eg 6:25, 8:40, 9:00, 9:30, 11:55.

Excellent job with this one, Greg!
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Beyond metal guitar, the extended range (and tonal difference from the longer scale length) actually works great for baritone guitar, too. With the pickup blend slider in the "setup" section, you can dial in exactly how much twang you want in the tone from the bridge pickup, versus the smooth, rich tone of the neck pickup.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Quick update as a reminder that this is the last day you can get our Evolution Banshee metal guitar sample library at its introductory price of $139--tomorrow it will return to its full price of $179!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Has anyone used the pick modeling feature. I assume it models a heavy pick or a light pick.

bill45 wrote:Has anyone used the pick modeling feature. I assume it models a heavy pick or a light pick.
It actually models the position of the pick on the string. Here's a video from the previous version of Evolution Steel Strings that explains the feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kuyU9ebjvo
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”