Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Done!

Numanoid wrote:
Gribs wrote:
Fleer wrote:
_emanon_ wrote:Sample Logic storewide 40% off with coupon code 40-off
will expire August 3rd
(Offer excludes CINEMATIC GUITARS INFINITY)
But includes the 3GB TryPack at $15 instead of $25. Any thoughts?
I was wondering something similar. Usually Sample Logic's stuff is priced ridiculously high. The sale puts some of their libraries in the range of Aeon or the newish "Orbit" library. Several of Sample Logic's libraries have had good reviews and the soundcloud demos sound good. Are they worth the money at the sale price?
I would say it is most def worth it for Kontakt owners. Think I'll buy it if i can get it at 40% off, just to be able to try out all the different GUI interfaces will be worth it.
I bought the TryPack and so far the multis are very good-sounding. Most appear to be constructed from four or five presets, though some presets are repeated. So far, the sounds are very "cinematic" or "hybrid scoring" style sounds, and some of the multis with their arpeggiators are almost like entire compositions. There are many adjustments that can be made - lots of tweaking - some can change each preset dramatically. The one effect I have found that I like already is the "wave" effect which can be used to add a melodic element to a rhythmic patch - pretty cool. I turn the delay and reverb off for everything so that I can hear the sounds without those, of course.

I am just a hobbyist with a decent income, but this sort of thing appeals to me, especially for... future possibilities after my main career years are over.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:It would be nice if there were Xosphere multis to try in the trypack product. Still, I think that I will spend the $15 for a test drive just to see how the multis sound, play, and change when tweaked. I have Omnisphere 1 and am planning to upgrade from JRRshop this month.
Bought it now, just noting for others, that you gotta use the Continuata downloader to download the product.

Not what I prefer, but I can live with it

Numanoid wrote:
Gribs wrote:It would be nice if there were Xosphere multis to try in the trypack product. Still, I think that I will spend the $15 for a test drive just to see how the multis sound, play, and change when tweaked. I have Omnisphere 1 and am planning to upgrade from JRRshop this month.
Bought it now, just noting for others, that you gotta use the Continuata downloader to download the product.

Not what I prefer, but I can live with it
It would be less of an issue if Continuata could be run without installing it first. I didn't have any problem using it, though.
Gribs

Gribs wrote:I am just a hobbyist with a decent income
Well.... life could be worse than that :wink:

Nicely put :tu:

No prob with Continuata but just find it not very useful that it unpack everything instantly after download.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Anyone know if the try pack sounds can be used in commercially released music, or are they just a paid demo and you cannot actually use them in music you plan on releasing?
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Acoustic Samples 2015 Summer sale 30% and up to 50% off - http://acousticsamples.net
Just a little note on this one. If anyone doesn't know them Acoustic Samples' libraries are of really high quality (the ones I have tried) and they are even without discounts priced reasonably.
For example Clavi D9 is the best clavinet I have heard so if you are looking for a funky instrument that's really a good product.

GD-6 Acoustic Guitar is also a fantastic library and has a low price too.

Only bummer about them is that they don't allow resales.

Hans25 wrote:
Acoustic Samples 2015 Summer sale 30% and up to 50% off - http://acousticsamples.net
Just a little note on this one. If anyone doesn't know them Acoustic Samples' libraries are of really high quality (the ones I have tried) and they are even without discounts priced reasonably.
For example Clavi D9 is the best clavinet I have heard so if you are looking for a funky instrument that's really a good product.

GD-6 Acoustic Guitar is also a fantastic library and has a low price too.

Only bummer about them is that they don't allow resales.
You peaked my interest! I see they use UVI - does that mean these are authorized by ilok? If so, how many authorizations do you get per purchase? I run a main mac, a PC sample slave, and a laptop and would like to install it on all 3 if possible.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

LGK_Dude wrote:You peaked my interest! I see they use UVI - does that mean these are authorized by ilok? If so, how many authorizations do you get per purchase? I run a main mac, a PC sample slave, and a laptop and would like to install it on all 3 if possible.
Well I'm glad I did 8). Yes they use ILok and as far as I remember (maybe this isn't correct) but as far as I remember you only get one authorization and it has to be on the hardware dongle. So you can run them on as many machines you want to by exchanging the hardware dongle between the machine but you can't have two instances running on two different computers at the same time when only having one dongle and one license. So you have to decide which computer you wan't the ILok dongle to run on if you want it to be at the same time as your other computers.
Last edited by Hans25 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

LGK_Dude wrote:Anyone know if the try pack sounds can be used in commercially released music, or are they just a paid demo and you cannot actually use them in music you plan on releasing?
There was no license in the distribution that I received, so I assume the TryPack sounds are covered under the same terms as all the other Sample Logic products as stated under the FAQ section on Sample Logic's web site:

http://www.samplelogic.com/support

"By purchasing our libraries you are purchasing a license to freely use the instruments and sounds in any way shape or form, provided you meet the few limiting terms in our license agreement. For more information, please review our License Agreement."

http://www.samplelogic.com/terms-license-agreement
Gribs

Mushy Mushy wrote:Waves CLA Compressors for $199.

What do we think? I do want them and it seems a good price but I can't really afford it now.

If it's a superb price I'll do it and eat beans for a couple weeks.

If it's only an average deal I'll hold off.
Get the Klanghelm MJUC instead:

http://www.klanghelm.com/MJUC.php

jezjez wrote:Dear Uncle,
Just wondering about the details on the free MIRx expansion mentioned in the JRR email, I assume its the same deal as VSL, you have to buy both ensemble and instrument pro?
Thanks
hmm, I didn't realize that's the stipulation. We're most likely the same as them.

jsp1979 wrote:I tested Lush 101 and couldn't get any discount to work. Perhaps it's a problem only for that product.
Sorry, yes, it was only the LuSH-101. I fixed it but now they've made me raise the price. Please PM me and I'll take care of you.

Got to install the Sample Logic TryPack, but I'm not getting access to any of the interfaces.

The only GUI I'm seeing loading the multis is a picture to buy each library.

EDIT: I need to press the little + button at the bottom right corner of a patch in the multi to get access to the GUI. Nice :tu:

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”