New Version Added! - Limiter6 Skin-2 - Modern BiColor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ENV1 wrote:You drag the DLL into ExplorerSuite, you swap the images, you save the changes.

Then you use that DLL.
Thanks alot for responding ENV1! I couldn't figure out how to get the .dll back out of the Explorer suite but I'll try it again. As you can probably tell, I'm not to savvy when it comes to this kind of stuff
but I was blown away by the new skin enough to go ahead and try.
I haven't the Limiter6 in a longtime but I will with this new skin (I like using plugins that look good as well as sound good) I wanted to use it again. Thanks!
d

dblock wrote:
ENV1 wrote:You drag the DLL into ExplorerSuite, you swap the images, you save the changes.

Then you use that DLL.
Thanks alot for responding ENV1! I couldn't figure out how to get the .dll back out of the Explorer suite but I'll try it again.
Editing the resouces of a DLL with ExplorerSuite is like editing a textfile with notepad. You have a textfile, you open it with notepad, you type or delete some text, then you save. After saving, the old file becomes the new file.

Same thing with the DLL. Once you have saved the changes, the DLL that youve dragged in will contain the new images and be ready to use. So thats the file that then goes in the plugins dir. (Unless of course you decided to save a new file rather than overwriting the one you loaded, which you can do too. ExplorerSuite will ask you what you want to do when you save, i.e. overwrite the loaded file or make a new copy. If you already have a copy as backup, just overwrite the loaded file.)

Hope this makes it a little clearer, if you need more help just let me know.

ENV1 wrote:
dblock wrote:

Then you use that DLL.
Thanks alot for responding ENV1! I couldn't figure out how to get the .dll back out of the Explorer suite but I'll try it again.
Editing the resouces of a DLL with ExplorerSuite is like editing a textfile with notepad. You have a textfile, you open it with notepad, you type or delete some text, then you save. After saving, the old file becomes the new file.

Same thing with the DLL. Once you have saved the changes, the DLL that youve dragged in will contain the new images and be ready to use. So thats the file that then goes in the plugins dir. (Unless of course you decided to save a new file rather than overwriting the one you loaded, which you can do too. ExplorerSuite will ask you what you want to do when you save, i.e. overwrite the loaded file or make a new copy. If you already have a copy as backup, just overwrite the loaded file.)

Hope this makes it a little clearer, if you need more help just let me know.
I sure appreciate you talking time out to help me out with this.
I only have one question and I'm good to go. The instructions you included with the skins were detailed and clear and I was able to follow it to the last step of saving it but once I saved it, I was stuck on "now how do I get the .dll back out of Explorer to use it. I don't recall Explorer giving me a choice (maybe it did) of saving the new .dll that is still in Explorer to the desktop or being able to drag it back out of Explorer in some way so I can then put it in my Daw.
That is the only thing stopping me from using it yet.
Thanks again for your time.

Check the screenshot.

When you finished swapping the images, just click the blue floppydisk icon at the top and the dialog shown will pop up.

If you click Yes, the loaded DLL will be overwritten with the new images installed. You can then put the DLL in your plugins folder.

If you click No you will get a standard save-dialog that allows you to save a new copy of the DLL to whatever location you specify. If you do that, put that new copy in your plugins folder.

click for fullsize

ENV1 wrote:Check the screenshot.

When you finished swapping the images, just click the blue floppydisk icon at the top and the dialog shown will pop up.

If you click Yes, the loaded DLL will be overwritten with the new images installed. You can then put the DLL in your plugins folder.

If you click No you will get a standard save-dialog that allows you to save a new copy of the DLL to whatever location you specify. If you do that, put that new copy in your plugins folder.

click for fullsize
Perfect! Much appreciate your patience and I hope you come up with more skins like that. :tu: :tu: :D

Glad i could help. :)

ENV1 your skins are awesome.. just discovered them today

Limter 6 is absolutely wicked.. now it looks the part also (im actually using the black one you did)

Nice skin, I don´t see it before, until now. There isn't possibility the make a new gui for Molot??

Didn't see Limiter6 skins before, and this one is absolutely awesome :love: Unfortunately, downloading link is already dead. ENV1, can you please share it again?

Is there's an availability to get the lighter skin? Anybody maybe has the images?

Hi all,
Can anyone share a link to the skin? Original link has expired a long time ago :)
Thanks.

Just to let everyone know:

What i plan to do is take the images of the two L6 skins and put them into resource files so that the whole set of images can be swapped automatically in one go. (Rather than manually one by one.) Once thats done i will add the files to L6's database entry here on KVR so they remain permanently available.

I will post a message here and in the other thread when the files are up.

ENV1 wrote:Just to let everyone know:

What i plan to do is take the images of the two L6 skins and put them into resource files so that the whole set of images can be swapped automatically in one go. (Rather than manually one by one.) Once thats done i will add the files to L6's database entry here on KVR so they remain permanently available.

I will post a message here and in the other thread when the files are up.

Thanks ENV1! :tu:

Hi, ENV1!

Is there any chance we could get another download link? I've searched everywhere but can't find it, and would really like to have this amazing skin :)

Thank you and keep up the amazing work!

deathklok wrote:Hi, ENV1!

Is there any chance we could get another download link? I've searched everywhere but can't find it, and would really like to have this amazing skin :)

Thank you and keep up the amazing work!
+100000000
This skin is fantastic and makes me actually want to USE Limiter6! :hihi: (No offense to the dev, his plugs are great and most of his skins are good).

New link, please! 8)

Return to “Effects”