Windows 10 - It's Free. It's Easy. No Worries.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: I have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, and I can't use it anymore in Windows 7 or later (lack of official drivers).

The thing I disagree with is this self-defeating attitude of "ASIO is good enough". There is no room here for a discussion of the merits of ASIO, the discussion is regarding the fact that we shouldn't need ASIO at all. The standard API should have the same or better features applicable to all applications.

This is what WASAPI is supposed to be. It replaces ASIO.

Can anyone argue this based upon fact?

If not, why bother?
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

fmr wrote:I have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, and I can't use it anymore in Windows 7 or later (lack of official drivers).
Why not go with the unofficial? http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=715369

Operating systems supported:

32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 SP1 / Vista SP2 / XP SP3.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

My update history in Win 8.1 shows as Win 10 update failed :/

Jax Pok wrote:My update history in Win 8.1 shows as Win 10 update failed :/
See? Windows is so negative. It should read, "Windows 8 successfully stayed as it is." :hihi:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

:hihi:
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

If anyone has any other following and you are using Windows 10, please respond with compatibility info on your end:

- Samson Studio GT monitor (the USB monitors, I have tried to contact them about W10 compatibility)
- M-Audio Keystation 88
- iLok (I want to get further information on this)

I wonder if there will be a de-crapifier for Windows 10.
In Windows XP there was the XP-express or someth8ing similar for musicians
that optimized it for audio.

Did a Win10 update last night on my laptop, there appears to be an issue with iLok here. When i try to open the license manager, it claims to be installed incorrectly. I shall try re-installing and see what happens. Comodo Firewall is lit up red and "at risk" too.

My laptop hasn't really been used for music for the last year so its not really up-to-date software-wise, but i shall check everything else and report. For now the iLok thing looks to be a concern.

edit: uninstall/reinstall of Comodo seemed to fix the problem, although an update has since installed too.

edit (again): as mentioned in another thread, using services.msc and stopping then starting PACE appears to fix the iLok problem too.

mutantdog wrote:Did a Win10 update last night on my laptop, there appears to be an issue with iLok here. When i try to open the license manager, it claims to be installed incorrectly. I shall try re-installing and see what happens. Comodo Firewall is lit up red and "at risk" too.

My laptop hasn't really been used for music for the last year so its not really up-to-date software-wise, but i shall check everything else and report. For now the iLok thing looks to be a concern.

edit: uninstall/reinstall of Comodo seemed to fix the problem, although an update has since installed too.

edit (again): as mentioned in another thread, using services.msc and stopping then starting PACE appears to fix the iLok problem too.

I had same problem. I had to type in search box services.msc
find Pace in the list
right click it then click start.

I'm on day three using Windows 10 with my DAW and all plugins no problem with anything since using the fix. I did the upgrade from win 8.1 - windows 10 all my Daw and plugins were already installed in win 8.1 before I upgraded to Win 10.

andrew71 wrote:I've got a Projectmix I/O, which still works perfectly and I'm not about to drop the best part of £1,000 on a new interface. It works in 8.1 just fine, so unless the existing Firewire drivers work with 10, I'll be sticking with that for now.
I'm in the same boat, but on Mac. I'm pretty pissed about the abandoning of this device's driver support. Just more proof that companies buying companies is bad for consumers.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Upgraded my 2010 Asus 1005PE to Win 10 ,first impression is great.
This Netbook got a SSD a while ago and Win 10 feels snappy,no doubt.

My Windows 7 Starter license changed to a Win 10 Home License and the Key indeed changed.
For a clean installation it seems recommended to write down the new Key.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

I got sick of the roller coaster ride of upgradings with Microsoft. I'm on Ubuntu Studio Linux.
Download & play soothing music: https://soundcloud.com/wait_codec

VitaminD wrote:There is a KB update that installed that popup. You can uninstall it if you want.
Does anyone know the full name of that KB update?

KB:3035583 ?

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”