H-Comp a nice overall comp?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i got some nice IKM comps but analogue modelled without the typical layout msising mostly threshold. so i wanted to get a nice overall compressor and saw some mixing videos using H-Comp which seems to have nice additional features as well and suitable for nearly all elements?
is a NI comp maybe equivalent to it?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I wouldn't say there's anything equivalent from NI. I had the VC2A and VC76 but I used H-Comp heck of a lot more than both of those. Its really a great all rounder. Its great on the drum bus, sounds amazing on guitars and even works for vocals. In my opinion when something isn't specifically modeled after something, you have more room for creativity.

I would say a nice overall compressor would be Presswerk. Although I read a lot of people like H-Comp, it sounds very 2D and flat to me.
You are currently reading my signature.

If anyone who has it, would you recommend it? considering that its on sale right now.

iamgroot wrote:If anyone who has it, would you recommend it? considering that its on sale right now.
Yes I have it and I definitely recommend it. Its very versatile and sounds great.

alright cool, thanks for reply ckam. I've also been thinking about Klanghelm MJUC though, so I don't know...

Get both! I have both.

you sound like those salesmen? :D

iamgroot wrote:alright cool, thanks for reply ckam. I've also been thinking about Klanghelm MJUC though, so I don't know...
Klanghelm makes terrific stuff, but I would go for his DC8C2 comp as an all-arounder before getting MJUC.

Actually that was my first option for that fact that it does external sidechain. This may seem like a dumb question because every comp is modeled differently, but how does the klanghelm comp sound compared to really expensive compressors plugins? is there a significant difference?

if its on sale, get it. I use it a lot

Personally I prefer Klanghelms DC8C2 & MJUC to Pro-C and all the IK Multimedia and Waves compressors. The price of Klanghelms compressors definitely does not reflect the quality.

Try the demos out and see for yourself.

Yeah it's quite a flexible compressor, the only thing I can think of that comes close is Logic's Compressor, which doesn't help if you're non Logic.

The H-Comp has additional features the Logic compressor doesn't have though, like the Punch Control and the ability to sync your release rate to the song. Definitely very usable features..

ckam03 wrote:I wouldn't say there's anything equivalent from NI. I had the VC2A and VC76 but I used H-Comp heck of a lot more than both of those. Its really a great all rounder. Its great on the drum bus, sounds amazing on guitars and even works for vocals. In my opinion when something isn't specifically modeled after something, you have more room for creativity.
Is it a case of being able to get the same tones, but easier and with more flexibility?

RobGee wrote:Personally I prefer Klanghelms DC8C2 & MJUC to Pro-C and all the IK Multimedia and Waves compressors. The price of Klanghelms compressors definitely does not reflect the quality.

Try the demos out and see for yourself.
Really the Pro- C ?

Return to “Effects”