Sample Logic's sale...

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have any of you taken advantage of their sale? If so, what'd you get? I've wanted Cyclone for a while but just can't seem to bring myself to buy it.. even at 40% off. I dunno but I just can't seem to like them for some reason.

Not really, it's overpriced stuff in my eyes and also if i want to try out: TryPack to pay for? And as i understand even if you bought the Trypack before you have to pay again the full price to have the latest additions? No way, i don't like this practice.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Naenyn wrote:Have any of you taken advantage of their sale? If so, what'd you get? I've wanted Cyclone for a while but just can't seem to bring myself to buy it.. even at 40% off. I dunno but I just can't seem to like them for some reason.
I bought Cyclone during their last sale - and personally as a certified sound-slut, I like it. Expensive, but good quality. A bit OT though, but if I were to choose between Sample Logic and Heavyocity - I would pick the latter any second. Aeon and DM307 blows my mind every time. Cyclone is good. But not that teeth-shattering good.

All, in my personal opinion, of course. And I do not regret buying Cyclone.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Overpriced indeed... the sale price is what their regular price should be.

Interesting that you mention Aeon. I've been on the fence about that one for quite a while too. Guess I'll save my money and wait for the next Heavyocity sale. =]

Naenyn wrote:Overpriced indeed... the sale price is what their regular price should be.

Interesting that you mention Aeon. I've been on the fence about that one for quite a while too. Guess I'll save my money and wait for the next Heavyocity sale. =]
It's worth it. They had a great Cinco de Mayo sale when I payed about $100 or so for Æon Melodic.
Bought the SampleLogic Try Pack, at 3GB that's a no-brainer for $15, whatever it's called.

I bought the TryPack. The sounds are pretty cool and can be changed quite a bit using the various scripted interfaces.

I am not sure how the pro composers use these sorts of sounds - any "cinematic" or "hybrid" instruments not just Sample Logic's stuff. The presets seem for the most part drenched in effects and have different reverb settings. I would guess those would clash in a mix and become muddy-sounding. Do most composers shut all the effects off and use their own effects processor plugins in their DAW?
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:I bought the TryPack. The sounds are pretty cool and can be changed quite a bit using the various scripted interfaces.
+1 TryPack is underpriced, at just $15 (during sale) most def a no brainer.

32 multis are included, which each on average are made up of about 3-4 single patches, so one is getting access to more than 100 patches

The multis are pretty CPU hungry, but sound gorgeous, I'm glad I bought into it :tu:

What I don't like is the Continuata downloader. As the PC I primarily use for music, is not the one I use for surfing, it's no good for me that Continuata want to install the package after downloading.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”