Plugin Boutique will release late in July Carbon Electra Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Robmobius wrote:
Taifunk wrote:
stikygum wrote:I haven't heard it, but only 3 destinations for the sequencer... no thanks.

Nice graphical displays, but this synth looks like a very typical one. How can developers keep making the same old synth like this. I don't see anything that interesting.
completely agree
still the same synth and always the same limits
maybe I'm wrong, but in 2015 we expect something better from digital.
It's a good synth with some nice features, but I agree, in 2015 there should be more features and routing. I mean your competing against HIVE, Spire and Dune II, etc.

And I still haven't found if you can change the filter slope.

I'd say if it ever goes to V2 it would be a killer synth.

I did buy it in the end. Because I really love the way the FM and PWM work, and they sound great. The step filter is class. It's probably one of the fastest synths to get sounds out of. Which is great for my work flow.
My criticism is about the synth of 2015 and I agree with you :tu:
in general I like this synth and sounds really good according to my ears and I must say that in comparison to many synth is even better ,It is not overloaded with unnecessary features and have a good workflow
the only things I do not like is the lack of mouse wheel support and a more accurate grid and snap function in the step envelope and some other little thing that are overlooked by many developers.
I do not know to judge the price maybe is right(absurd prices around) ,unfortunately for me is not accessible ,but plugin boutique usually makes good sales.
However in my opinion Carbon Electra competes very well with other synth especially with Sylenth1 and I hope that it becomes a truly killer synth :tu:

and about the new releases I will continue to wait for something more oriented to the future rather than the past and that which already exists can only get better.. I hope :)

Mouse-wheel works for me on Windows. Middle click to reset, scroll up and down on the knobs and switches...

edit: removed soundcloud link
Last edited by aciddose on Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

aciddose wrote:Mouse-wheel works for me on Windows. Middle click to reset, scroll up and down on the knobs and switches...
good to know :tu: thanks, I have checked it's my problem, I'm on Windows in mulab not works, in reaper works
sorry it was my distraction

layzer wrote:
MFXxx wrote:Price point is good. Had a quick listen on the youtube vid's not convinced yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz_5z7MCMjo
"woooowwwwwww... wooooooooooo" .....
i like how he gets all wet over sounds we've heard billions of times on other synths. :roll:
+100

Robmobius wrote:Who the hell is Carl Cox?
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't dare to say that to his face

If it wasn't for his diastema the guy could moonlight for The Thing in Fantastic Four :wink:

Hi guys and girls.
The point of Carbon Electra was to have a synth that is easy to program and make the sounds you want quickly. For it to assist people in understanding what synthesis parameters are with simple, clear displays and info panes and also to have some flexibility with the step / graph envelope. We wanted something that had the best features of some of the past classic synths (like Nord Lead, Virus, Sidstation, Roland 02/09 Series) whilst sounding modern, big and wide. I think we achieved that perfectly. Testament to that is that every artist we have got it in the hands of have been using it in their projects - including Carl Cox who has used it extensively for over a year on projects like Carl Cox Collective 'My Life in Music' and on his remix of 'Talking To You' by Josh Wink.
I understand that some of you seem to take issue with the fact that it is 2015 and it is not a ground breaking synth. It was never intended to be. We make music every day and between my us in our studios we own or have owned almost every synth ever made - hardware and software, yet we use Carbon Electra every day because it sounds amazing and we can get any sound we want out of it quickly.

I think there are plenty of people who have no problem, or even welcome the fact, that Carbon Electra has a simple hands-on design which can deliver quick results.

People will certainly pay top dollar for an amazing sound whatever the design. Skipping through the presets I didn't get an instant wow....perhaps this is one which will always sit well in the mix. Time will tell...need more demo time.

I really like the step envelope. :phones:
Last edited by db3 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Add a 12 or 16 slot mod matrix with a good design, and this would be a winning synth for delivering quick results, especially if it went on sale for 25% off at certain times of the year.

By good design I mean having targets for parameters for the individual oscillators, LFOs, etc, targets for all parameters of one type (e.g. pulse width for all oscillators), and modulation modifiers (e.g, let one after touch modulate level of modulation applied by an LFO to pitch or whatever).
------------------------------------------
Gribs

bonebones wrote:Hi guys and girls.
The point of Carbon Electra was to have a synth that is easy to program and make the sounds you want quickly. For it to assist people in understanding what synthesis parameters are with simple, clear displays and info panes and also to have some flexibility with the step / graph envelope. We wanted something that had the best features of some of the past classic synths (like Nord Lead, Virus, Sidstation, Roland 02/09 Series) whilst sounding modern, big and wide. I think we achieved that perfectly. Testament to that is that every artist we have got it in the hands of have been using it in their projects - including Carl Cox who has used it extensively for over a year on projects like Carl Cox Collective 'My Life in Music' and on his remix of 'Talking To You' by Josh Wink.
I understand that some of you seem to take issue with the fact that it is 2015 and it is not a ground breaking synth. It was never intended to be. We make music every day and between my us in our studios we own or have owned almost every synth ever made - hardware and software, yet we use Carbon Electra every day because it sounds amazing and we can get any sound we want out of it quickly.
I appreciate that you have given us this excellent explanation
please take my criticisms for what they are, Carbon Electra it's a great synth and I already mentioned in my previous post, about the synth of 2015 is only my opinion, not necessarily that all must agree.
I like to complain and even joke.
I understand that you have worked hard on this project and I think that the work should be rewarded, so congratulations to the release. :)

Robmobius wrote:
Who the hell is Carl Cox?
...asks bloke on internet...

ooopss

I already have my needs covered with other synths, but the vowel filter in CE is one of the best I've heard.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Best I'm not so sure about...

https://soundcloud.com/aciddose-1/vowel-filter

I will definitely agree that it is super dope.

edit: Okay nevermind.

A friend just sent me this:
https://soundcloud.com/aciddose-1/vocal-filter-2
(I chopped out two short clips to upload.)

He says they're both 100% this synth, but I have no idea how the heck he did the second one. Automation? I don't believe this.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

aciddose wrote:Best I'm not so sure about...

https://soundcloud.com/aciddose-1/vowel-filter

I will definitely agree that it is super dope.

edit: Okay nevermind.

A friend just sent me this:
https://soundcloud.com/aciddose-1/vocal-filter-2
(I chopped out two short clips to upload.)

He says they're both 100% this synth, but I have no idea how the heck he did the second one. Automation? I don't believe this.
Then I'll definitely have to check out your synth when I get home :). Been really getting into vowel type sounds lately.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Eh? No "this synth" as in Carbon Electra.

Xhip doesn't have a vowel filter.

Return to “Instruments”