One Synth Challenge #78: Elektrostudio OR2v (Meakaale Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Welcome to the 78th One Synth Challenge! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Based on the ultra legendary, and classic Oberheim Two Voice! Please prepare yourselves for this, it is intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yFMbd1LLYA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvA5HVA9RtU

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a donator? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Tritik : 1 tkDelay Plugin

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 8000, Wusik Station 8, and Wusik EVE v3

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster (Soon to be released!)

JRR Shop : UVI: Mello

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

stardustmedia : Professional studio mix down and mastering on one track of your choosing (See Disclaimer)

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Crisalys, Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)
Last edited by bjporter on Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:42 am, edited 5 times in total.

I think i made a init patch or close to it

Init Patch
http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/tkrh7Lgp/file.html

Init Bank
http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/MaRQsqLA/file.html

This may be the first OSC for which I will go house or what ever weird style of stomping stuff, pffff. To think that there's a wicked collection of amazing free synths...maybe there's a theme I missed: Every even number OSC has a massive challenge, every odd number relaxing fun?

Well, at least this one looks really nice (despite my failing eyes having trouble reading the GUI without squinting) and it does sound exciting for a practically monophone (duophone?) synth. :shrug: 8-)

<sigh>

I gotta say this much,its not as bad as Arturia synths for squinty eye syndrome

Uh, oh...not really happy about 64 bit? It really bogs down quickly, getting glitchy and scratchy. I think, you should quickly rethink your choice there, I'm afraid?! Of course, you should wait and see, if I'm the only one experiencing yet another reason to already skip one OSC, but...it looks really seriously problematic. :o :uhuhuh:

Taron wrote:Uh, oh...not really happy about 64 bit? It really bogs down quickly, getting glitchy and scratchy. I think, you should quickly rethink your choice there, I'm afraid?! Of course, you should wait and see, if I'm the only one experiencing yet another reason to already skip one OSC, but...it looks really seriously problematic. :o :uhuhuh:
Sounds like a challenge :hihi: Have you tried Jbridge?

I always install the 32bit and 64bit versions of daws too, that helps a LOT.

Just had a play around and it does seem to be a bit of a cpu hog at idle, fun though.

Yes, yes, of course, I'm using Jbridge. Had to do that with the Evo, too. Wondering if Jbridge might cause another slowdown there somehow? :shrug:
It's weird, though...it's off an on, some runs are super glitchy, sometimes it even hangs for a second, then it rolls for a while again. I'm only using 5 instances right now, but it seems to have nothing to do with the amount of instances, except that problems may just become more dense as any instance could go nuts at any time?! :(
...It does have a b e a u t i ful sound, really, you can get super warm and fuzzy with it and the 2voice thing is interesting to some extend, but anybody who has only limited time should not even start trying to make a song with it, I think.
I happen to have plenty of time, but...hmmm...yeah, not sure if I'm ready to spend it on the kind of automation noodle obsession this is begging for.
z-prime and folks should feel right at home, though?! ;) While I doubt that 100+ instances are even remotely possible without freezing them all?!

Another windows only synth????!?!?

(I shouldn't reply so much, but...) WINDOWS ONLY??? If THAT's ok, why on earth did you not go for BrainStormer??? That one looks like a really exciting synth! (And it's 64 bit, too!) :mad: :scared:

So whats the most easy/quick way for osx people to join osc now? maybe I should install virtual box, install win7 on it and then install renoise windows version?

Taron wrote:(I shouldn't reply so much, but...) WINDOWS ONLY??? If THAT's ok, why on earth did you not go for BrainStormer??? That one looks like a really exciting synth! (And it's 64 bit, too!) :mad: :scared:
Animehaus recommended that too a while back, and somehow it wasn't on my list. Thanks for the heads up :tu:

Well, at least we'll stay true to the "odd vs. even" number OSC delight then! I'm really looking forward to giving BrainStormer a truly focused exploration! :hyper:

Have you ever started a "suggestion thread" for OSC? Might be a good idea. :!:

Taron wrote:Well, at least we'll stay true to the "odd vs. even" number OSC delight then! I'm really looking forward to giving BrainStormer a truly focused exploration! :hyper:

Have you ever started a "suggestion thread" for OSC? Might be a good idea. :!:
The discussion thread is the best place: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4305672

Thanks, I'll leave a post there then, just to be sure! :D GREAT!

Return to “Instruments”