A sort of demo thingy

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I ran this at the end of my workshop at this year's Linux Audio Conference.

An instance of Yoshimi is started with no setup apart from an audio out link.
A MIDI file is then run which sends commands to enable parts, load instrument patches, set controls and play a muti-track tune. Parts are playing through while others are being set up.

The coloured backgrounds in the mixer panel show which of the three synth 'engines' a part uses. Number 6 uses all three.

While all this is going on, recordmydesktop is creating the video. I can repeat this running on a fairly modest 2GHz computer at 5.3mS latency.

The lower central 'reports' window, as well as showing the commands yoshimi has received, also shows Xruns - count them :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaNnGA ... 6S43nmtMfA
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Nice demo, folderol. I gather from this that most of your Yoshimi recordings are made without using a DAW.

Good work :)

That's a very nice thing...
Great to see it in action. Cool! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDIvkfoYYss
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Been 'off grid' for a while travelling round the North of the country :)

Thanks guys.

@ seismic1
Yes, Pretty much.
I use Rosegardren as a MIDI recorder, playing tracks one at a time then building up the composition and doing minor edits at MIDI level. Once satisfied, I link Yoshimi's audio to Audacity to record, final clean up then save.

Occasionally I'll link in a hardware synth - mostly for percussion.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:Been 'off grid' for a while travelling round the North of the country :)

Thanks guys.

@ seismic1
Yes, Pretty much.
I use Rosegardren as a MIDI recorder, playing tracks one at a time then building up the composition and doing minor edits at MIDI level. Once satisfied, I link Yoshimi's audio to Audacity to record, final clean up then save.

Occasionally I'll link in a hardware synth - mostly for percussion.
@Allomerus
Thanks for doing the embed :)

Return to “Music Cafe”