New Vengeance synth in the works

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Um nexus has def been cracked. So has vanguard.
~Pyrotek45

I am skipping the replies... Phalanx?

Pyrotek45 wrote:Um nexus has def been cracked. So has vanguard.

He's referring to the newer elicenser copy protection, apparently after 2009, it's been untracked,at least this is what I read from him.
I'm not aware of the current cracks, but I would hope that other developers like Access or UA would take note of this, and enter the native world where a simple dongle vs. a huge dongle makes more sense to alot of people. I don't mind the dongle at all,as long as there's an easy way to transfer licences and they don't affect my cpu in a bad way.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

2ZrgE wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:It's interesting that some licence protection systems have never been cracked, or at least, not for five years or more. Steinberg software, for example, hasn't been cracked for years, nor has Nexus, so I wonder why they aren't able to charge much less, seeing as they can't suffer from piracy?

Why should they? People do pay those prices. And there's also the licence costs when implementing a 3rd party protection.
So you're suggesting the licensing costs of 3rd party protection are around £250 per unit sold?
Why should they charge much less? Because presumably, since there is no piracy of their product, they could sell a lot more copies if they brought the price down. (For me, Cubase is way beyond my means, whereas FL Studio (especially since it has free lifetime updates, which Cubase doesn't) is much more affordable. Which is why I bought FL Studio.

Pyrotek45 wrote:Um nexus has def been cracked. So has vanguard.
Nexus hasn't been cracked for years.

I'd be damned if Nexus has gotten such an iconic status in the EDM production scene, and hasn't been cracked. There are warezed versions of Cubase after version 5 too, it's just that all of them aren't fully functional. I've seen a warezed version of Cubase 6 myself. Don't ask. :) Not sure which functions were missing, but it was definitely 90-95 % functional. eLicenser is a very good copy protection, but obviously not perfect (and i wouldn't have thought it is).

Allow me to clarify things a bit.

Vanguard was released in 2006, prior to any elicenser protections and regardless of this, it was never protected via dongle.

Nexus 2 was cracked in the 32bit version. ever since the new elicenser method it wasn't.

Last version of Cubase to be cracked is Cubase 5 32bit. that's why you see so many tutorials on youtube using Cubase 5. Cubase 7 LE was cracked as well due to the fact it was not so well protected.

I think good software should be protected. but raising the pricetag heavily due to protections is questionable...

msvs wrote:Yes the Synth is in the works since over 2 years now. It's called VPS Avenger and soon we will start the beta.
Its quite a "jack of all trades device" and we currently try - despite of all possibilities which you have - that it won't be too complicated to use. Its based on wavetables & native oscs and you have the total control over all aspects of the frequencies anytime.
As soon as it has a proper GUI we will release a screenshot :)

I must say these are excellent news!
I'll try to put my two cents here as well...

- this is def. a good time for excellent, easy to use wavetable synth WITH native oscs for good VA sounds.
- hopefully it will have vast modulation capabilities via envelopes, LFOs and MSEGs! the LFOs should include "offset" knob (like in Sylenth1) together with the usual rate and gain knobs.
- high quality filter (like Philta)
- great fx section (like Phalanx)
- stable oscillators for good electronic bass with hefty low end
- somehow keeping everything low on CPU usage (hahahah)
- VPS Avenger... kinda cheezy :) but what's in a name anyways? (I could suggest some great alternative names as I'm actually good at this lol)

tristan- wrote:Allow me to clarify things a bit.

Vanguard was released in 2006, prior to any elicenser protections and regardless of this, it was never protected via dongle.

Nexus 2 was cracked in the 32bit version. ever since the new elicenser method it wasn't.

Last version of Cubase to be cracked is Cubase 5 32bit. that's why you see so many tutorials on youtube using Cubase 5. Cubase 7 LE was cracked as well due to the fact it was not so well protected.

I think good software should be protected. but raising the pricetag heavily due to protections is questionable...
But surely they would be able to reduce the price, not raise it, if their product wasn't cracked? This is what I don't understand. We hear companies telling us that warez are wrong because they believe it loses them sales. So the companies whose products can't be 'warezed' (is that a word?) because their copy protection has never been cracked, should be selling more copies than companies whose products have been cracked, and thus don't need to charge as much. Or at least, they don't need to charge more. How much can elicenser (or whatever it is that Nexus or Cubase use) cost per unit? $10? $20 tops? Surely not more than that.

basslinemaster wrote: But surely they would be able to reduce the price, not raise it, if their product wasn't cracked?
Why would they if it sells well?

basslinemaster wrote:
tristan- wrote:Allow me to clarify things a bit.

But surely they would be able to reduce the price, not raise it, if their product wasn't cracked? This is what I don't understand. We hear companies telling us that warez are wrong because they believe it loses them sales. So the companies whose products can't be 'warezed' (is that a word?) because their copy protection has never been cracked, should be selling more copies than companies whose products have been cracked, and thus don't need to charge as much. Or at least, they don't need to charge more. How much can elicenser (or whatever it is that Nexus or Cubase use) cost per unit? $10? $20 tops? Surely not more than that.
Not all products target the same market. The FL Studio market is very different than the Cubase market. I would be willing to go out on a limb and say that Steinberg and Image Line both understand their target market and how they expect things to be priced.

Of course, armchair experts on KVR may know better than them as often as I hear this line of thinking :lol:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

chk071 wrote:
basslinemaster wrote: But surely they would be able to reduce the price, not raise it, if their product wasn't cracked?
Exactly. The price of a product always reflects what people are willing to pay.

Some developers (reFX and Waves come to mind) also use the strategy of putting an initial high price tag on their products, so that when they have a sale it feels like a massive reduction. An old trick, but it's effective.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

chk071 wrote:
To sell a lot more copies and thus make more money...

Voice303 wrote:
Not all products target the same market. The FL Studio market is very different than the Cubase market. I would be willing to go out on a limb and say that Steinberg and Image Line both understand their target market and how they expect things to be priced.

Of course, armchair experts on KVR may know better than them as often as I hear this line of thinking :lol:
What's the difference between the users of Cubase and the users of FL Studio then? Do FL Studio users have less money?

basslinemaster wrote:
chk071 wrote:
To sell a lot more copies and thus make more money...
You mean if it sells well they should reduce the price to make it sell better? Wicked logic man. :) You're not much of a salesman, are you?

Return to “Instruments”