Favorite Mod Sequencer on a synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really enjoy being able to sequence parameters especially when it's quick and easy to do. Do you like to achieve this with Msegs or do you prefer dedicated sequencers in the synth? The thing I would really like is if more worst the had there own dedicated iPad editor because setting up sequences with a mouse can be tedious. So what synths, soft or hard, do like for their sequencers and why?

i generally prefer proper sequencers over msegs. i guess it's partly because of convenience - every step is already there, you don't have to set up them yourself - and partly because i like to keep things under control and very tight to the beat. in a step sequencer this is naturally given from the outset ;)

one of my favorite step /mod sequ is - surprise, surprise! - in massive. it's just so quick and comfortable to work with, which probably has to do with the overall mod system (drag&drop etc). another sequ that i like is in spire although setting up the destinations etc takes a little more time than in massive, plus it's a little cluttered, not so well laid out, and clear due to its relative small size.

btw i personally don't feel bored by setting up modulation w/ a mouse. it only gets a little annoying when i have to switch between mod matrix, sequencer and so on the whole time.

Do you remember Progress Audios Kinisis?

http://www.progressaudio.co.uk/Kinisis/KinisisMain.html

Used a novel timeline paradigm to sequence parameters, quite fun.

Massive sequencer is powerfull, but a bit long to operate.(choosing shapes especially). Its both very mechanical, and yet somewhat fluid with all the available waveforms. A combination that can prove very productive imo.

Xils-Lab Oxium mask sequencer is my favorite, because it can adapt to any human groove, steps can have different lengths, you can save patterns, you can build complex notes sequences ( by assigning the masks to oscs) etc, and pretty much every parameter, and there are tons, is modulatable with it. You can even superpose steps :ud:

A lot of Reaktor ensembles have weird and often interesting sequencers also.

Kinisis was great, I enjoyed making a lot of factory presets for it. But it might unfortunately look a bit as abandonware now.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Return to “Instruments”