Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nick Hamilton wrote:Hello Everybody,

UVI is selling the popular Synths Anthology at 50% off until Monday the 3rd of August.

This massive collection includes almost every famous Synth ever made.

Roland:Jupiter 4, Jupiter 8, SH-101, JD800, JD990
Yamaha: CS80, CS60, CS15, CS40-M, CS70M. DX1, DX100, TX816, FS1R
Oberheim: X-Pander, Matrix 6, 4 Voices, OBXa
Sequential Circuits: Prophet VS, Prophet 5, Prophet One, T8
PPG: Wave 2.0, Wave 2.3, Waveterm B, PRK FD, EVU, HDU, Commander
Korg: PS3200, Trident MK2, MS20, M1, O1W, DW8000
Casio: CZ1, CZ100, VZ1, VZ10M
Moog: Minimoog, Memorymoog
ARP: Odissey, ARP2600, Chroma
Waldorf: Pulse, Wave, Microwave XT, Q, Micro Q
Misc: Synclavier II, Technos Acxel, Mellotron M400, Acces Virus, Kawai K5000 and more !

Here is your chance to get this fabulous collection starting today on the DontCrack store here.
I already posted that offer above yours with no pics and no tremendous details.

Does anyone know if the old UVI Synth Anthology GUI has been updated since 2010? It just seems the sweeter looking UVI Synth Legacy GUI offers many more tweaking possibilities.

Fleer wrote:Does anyone know if the old UVI Synth Anthology GUI has been updated since 2010? It just seems the sweeter looking UVI Synth Legacy GUI offers many more tweaking possibilities.
no its not updated

Even though it hasnt got a dedicated GUI, the UVI engine ships with a full FX portfolio, plus a great sequencer

So it is possible to quite a bit of sound mangling inside the engine

One good thing that has happend since 2010 is that UVI has converted the content to their kind of lossless format, meaning it takes up half as much HDD space as before. A big plus

mutantdog wrote:They bumped the price up a couple of months ago. In the past they used to do 20% off promos bringing it down to $39.99 so the sale price is the same as it always was, guess they are just trying to make the sales look better.
Waves did the exact same thing recently. They raised their prices almost completely across the board but the sale prices are the same as always, sometimes even lower.

murnau wrote:
yomanfree wrote:AAARRRGGGGGGG

"Moog Slim Phatty Blowout! Only $449 (was $795) while supplies last:

jrrshop.com/moog-slim-phatty
"

Why I'm living in France ? :evil: :cry:
Yep, here from good ol' Germany i ask myself the the same.. .not exactly with France.. you know?... ahh.. forget it!

I would give a leg to get it for that price! :D
Maybe I can freight a bunch of them out to you and then other Europeans can get them from you. ;)

Fleer wrote:
Hans25 wrote:UVI Synth Anthology 50% off - €64 - http://www.bestservice.de/en/deals.html#405
Lasts until August 3rd
Doesn't seem to be active, still showing full price in cart.
Is this worth even half the price? How would it compare to Synth Legacy (same size) which was a Guitar Center exclusive? Seems the latter one at least has a better GUI.
I really liked the original UVI Ultra Focus, which is what became Synths Anthology. It had a nice single-page GUI that made it seem like it had more functionality but I think the new GUI does exactly the same things, just over multiple pages. UVI made Spectrasonics' instruments, as well, and that's why Ultra Focus and Omnisphere were so similar.

Synth Legacy was more of a teaser product, with demo patches from many different libraries. I don't think it had any original content in it. So yes, Synth Legacy probably had a lot of patches from Synths Anthology.

audientronic wrote:
Gribs wrote:iZotope is offering Iris 2 upgrade for $79 right now. I suppose it is possible that anyone who would receive this offer knows about it because it came in an email. However, if you have an iZotope account, Iris 1, and no email, I think you can find the upgrade under your account under the "upgrade coupons" link.
Uncle E, will you be offering this special as well?
It doesn't seem like it. Our iZotope rep is on vacation so I'm not able to check, unfortunately.

Hans25 wrote:
evilantal wrote:No Tone2 upgrades though (Saurus>Saurus2) :(
Do any of the resellers offer upgrades at all?
Not that I know of.

Uncle E wrote:
mutantdog wrote:They bumped the price up a couple of months ago. In the past they used to do 20% off promos bringing it down to $39.99 so the sale price is the same as it always was, guess they are just trying to make the sales look better.
Waves did the exact same thing recently. They raised their prices almost completely across the board but the sale prices are the same as always, sometimes even lower.
except for the fact that they actually had their reasons to do this, because the licenses now include the digigrid (or whatever...) format, which had to be paid for separately before AFAIK. whether this step was reasonable or not, i think it's still very different from just bumping a price without any kind of benefits or explanation ;)

Cheers, guys, for your thoughts on Synth Anthology :tu:

Anyone have any experience with puremagnetik Hyperbent? Interesting sound, but how playable / useable are they?
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Sim.Sky wrote:except for the fact that they actually had their reasons to do this, because the licenses now include the digigrid (or whatever...) format, which had to be paid for separately before AFAIK. whether this step was reasonable or not, i think it's still very different from just bumping a price without any kind of benefits or explanation ;)
Yes, you're right, that's a very important difference. I didn't think about that.

LGK_Dude wrote:Anyone have any experience with puremagnetik Hyperbent? Interesting sound, but how playable / useable are they?
I lost all my Puremagnetik libraries in a hard drive crash. When they wouldn't let me re-download them, I canceled my subscription and have never bought anything from them again.

Uncle E wrote:
LGK_Dude wrote:Anyone have any experience with puremagnetik Hyperbent? Interesting sound, but how playable / useable are they?
I lost all my Puremagnetik libraries in a hard drive crash. When they wouldn't let me re-download them, I canceled my subscription and have never bought anything from them again.
Wow... that is pretty cheesy and a bad PR move.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”