Where are all the Omni 2 soundsets ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don’t know what 12,000 sounds you talking about. It took me 3 days to hear all sounds at about 2-3 hours per night and also rate them with the stars. There like 10 categories, if you listen 3 categories per night, you done very quickly. I am looking for sounds that I never heard. 90% of Omnesphere is something I already have any way in hardware or software synths. I almost never give a sound 5 stars- if I do- it has to cook me breakfast and do the dishes. I find rarely 4 stars sounds. Most of sounds in Omnesphere (to me) are 2-3 stars. I wish there was a way to delete all 1 star sounds. I give one star to basic sounds that I will never use or those that can be found on $100 Casio arranger. Some time I am wondering, why in a world anybody would include it in the synth. The music I make comprises very wide range from EDM to orchestral to cinematic, so theoretically I can find use for many sounds. Still- I like new libraries because I still have a hope somebody come up with something that can take entire 16 measures in the song without a lot of work- something that others will care to hear. I am glad Omne is not offering any orchestral sounds. I have East West for that. I am happy that it offers now woobwoobly wow wow wow wow sound. Again. I would not use just any wow wow wow. It has to sound pleasant, be on time (conform to host tempo) and be more impressive than sound from Massive or Dune, or Tone 2. While some may think- there many woobly presets, many of them are just nothing special, many not sync to the tempo. If it goes wow wow wow of tempo- I can’t use it. It has to open up to Mod wheel at certain speed and behave musically, otherwise- the rating is 2 stars- not usable. I need more 3rd oparty libraries, because I don’t buy just any libraries. I listen them, and I decide if it offers something I don’t have. If it offers the same boring textures that does not do anything- do not respond to Mod wheel, do not open up to cut off, do not make me want to cry and play that melody over and over again (Dune 2)- I don’t need it, so I don’t buy it. So more libraries = more choices, more music.

Astralv wrote:I don’t know what 12,000 sounds you talking about. It took me 3 days to hear all sounds at about 2-3 hours per night and also rate them with the stars. There like 10 categories, if you listen 3 categories per night, you done very quickly. I am looking for sounds that I never heard. 90% of Omnesphere is something I already have any way in hardware or software synths. I almost never give a sound 5 stars- if I do- it has to cook me breakfast and do the dishes. I find rarely 4 stars sounds. Most of sounds in Omnesphere (to me) are 2-3 stars. I wish there was a way to delete all 1 star sounds. I give one star to basic sounds that I will never use or those that can be found on $100 Casio arranger. Some time I am wondering, why in a world anybody would include it in the synth. The music I make comprises very wide range from EDM to orchestral to cinematic, so theoretically I can find use for many sounds. Still- I like new libraries because I still have a hope somebody come up with something that can take entire 16 measures in the song without a lot of work- something that others will care to hear. I am glad Omne is not offering any orchestral sounds. I have East West for that. I am happy that it offers now woobwoobly wow wow wow wow sound. Again. I would not use just any wow wow wow. It has to sound pleasant, be on time (conform to host tempo) and be more impressive than sound from Massive or Dune, or Tone 2. While some may think- there many woobly presets, many of them are just nothing special, many not sync to the tempo. If it goes wow wow wow of tempo- I can’t use it. It has to open up to Mod wheel at certain speed and behave musically, otherwise- the rating is 2 stars- not usable. I need more 3rd oparty libraries, because I don’t buy just any libraries. I listen them, and I decide if it offers something I don’t have. If it offers the same boring textures that does not do anything- do not respond to Mod wheel, do not open up to cut off, do not make me want to cry and play that melody over and over again (Dune 2)- I don’t need it, so I don’t buy it. So more libraries = more choices, more music.
Seems you are looking for a VST that does the music for you. How about just using a preset as a starting point for your own creations?

Numanoid wrote:So basically this is evidence that Omnisphere 2 is just a glorified rompler.

"Give me more presets"

that makes no sense.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Astralv wrote:I don’t know what 12,000 sounds you talking about. It took me 3 days to hear all sounds at about 2-3 hours per night and also rate them with the stars. There like 10 categories, if you listen 3 categories per night, you done very quickly. I am looking for sounds that I never heard. 90% of Omnesphere is something I already have any way in hardware or software synths. I almost never give a sound 5 stars- if I do- it has to cook me breakfast and do the dishes. I find rarely 4 stars sounds. Most of sounds in Omnesphere (to me) are 2-3 stars. I wish there was a way to delete all 1 star sounds. I give one star to basic sounds that I will never use or those that can be found on $100 Casio arranger. Some time I am wondering, why in a world anybody would include it in the synth. The music I make comprises very wide range from EDM to orchestral to cinematic, so theoretically I can find use for many sounds. Still- I like new libraries because I still have a hope somebody come up with something that can take entire 16 measures in the song without a lot of work- something that others will care to hear. I am glad Omne is not offering any orchestral sounds. I have East West for that. I am happy that it offers now woobwoobly wow wow wow wow sound. Again. I would not use just any wow wow wow. It has to sound pleasant, be on time (conform to host tempo) and be more impressive than sound from Massive or Dune, or Tone 2. While some may think- there many woobly presets, many of them are just nothing special, many not sync to the tempo. If it goes wow wow wow of tempo- I can’t use it. It has to open up to Mod wheel at certain speed and behave musically, otherwise- the rating is 2 stars- not usable. I need more 3rd oparty libraries, because I don’t buy just any libraries. I listen them, and I decide if it offers something I don’t have. If it offers the same boring textures that does not do anything- do not respond to Mod wheel, do not open up to cut off, do not make me want to cry and play that melody over and over again (Dune 2)- I don’t need it, so I don’t buy it. So more libraries = more choices, more music.

I have started to put all my favorites sound in a project folder in Omnisphere, so i only have does i want.

Yes, unless you have faith in Omni's cataloging you must do some robust auditioning and filtering to line up all thebest sounds ready for action! But this is a very pleasant task :-)

In the meantime while we hope and pray that the tags improve, this is a short but sweet video from Spectrasonics on using Sound Lock - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMT_02U ... e=youtu.be

They demonstrate something I hadn't tried before, which is to lock ALL parameters. This is terrific for patches which have pretty extreme or very specific modulation, such as risers, wobbles etc. You then go on a patch graze with all the parameters locked, and the timbre changes on your original patch, while retaining all the timing / pitch / modulation.

I guess I was using sound lock for very specific areas, but the brute strength of lock all is very effective and very simple. I have an ILIO library, Ascension, which is nothing but risers, all pre-made to specific bar lengths with various modulation options such as alarming. Just load one up to the right length and characteristics you need, sound lock, and find the right timbre with all those gazillions of possibilities.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Yes, the tagging and preset organization is simply too messy at the moment. Then add in that some 3rd party designers used prefixes like BELL - Preset name, BASS - Preset name, just makes browsing through presets look more funky. If there were a batch tagging system, that would be great. Otherwise, I just use 3rd party programs to do my batch tagging and renaming (like removing annoying prefixes and tags).

GMusic wrote:Yes, the tagging and preset organization is simply too messy at the moment. Then add in that some 3rd party designers used prefixes like BELL - Preset name, BASS - Preset name, just makes browsing through presets look more funky. If there were a batch tagging system, that would be great. Otherwise, I just use 3rd party programs to do my batch tagging and renaming (like removing annoying prefixes and tags).
Yeah, I do exactly the same - I use Advanced Renamer (windows program) which works well. PluginGuru are one of the worst offenders here, which is a shame as the patches themselves are usually terrific.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Astralv wrote:I don’t know what 12,000 sounds you talking about.
The 12,000 number comes from sound sources, patches, and multis combined:
https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/ ... ibrary.php
Astralv wrote:It took me 3 days to hear all sounds at about 2-3 hours per night and also rate them with the stars.
You actually auditioned all the patches in under 9 hours? At 7,540 patches that's a little over 4 seconds a patch, max. That's not enough time for some of the patches to fully load their sound sources off my SSD drive. A pad sound can take several seconds before it fully evolves too and that doesn't even include aftertouch or modwheel exploration.
Let's just say I'm a bit skeptical you've really investigated the entire patch library, let alone the 4,800+ sound sources.
Feel free to call me Brian.

Don't you guys think it's strange the sources aren't in the sounds lock settings? I reckon there should be Lock source A, Lock Source B, or lock both sources. I just think it's weird that you can't keep the sound sources and try the settings of other patches.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Don't you guys think it's strange the sources aren't in the sounds lock settings? I reckon there should be Lock source A, Lock Source B, or lock both sources. I just think it's weird that you can't keep the sound sources and try the settings of other patches.
Yes - at least the basic version of both sources is on my request list. If memory serves Spectrasonics said its on their list too - I don't think it's a dead certainty, but a hopeful.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

ATS wrote:
Numanoid wrote:So basically this is evidence that Omnisphere 2 is just a glorified rompler.
"Give me more presets"
that makes no sense.
It does for those rolling their own

PluginGuru have now released their MegaMacho dreams - http://www.pluginguru.com/guru-products ... gic-dreams . I must admit I raised my eyebrows (heavens) at the price - $60. It's quite hefty @182 patches, plus multis, fx presets etc. But 1/4 of the price of the entire Omni 2 upgrade feels too much imo.

Incidentally, Omni 2.1 update is out (software and database updates). Will try to install this later - looks like some good fixes, but personally was hoping for quite a bit more, especially on the database side.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:PluginGuru have now released their MegaMacho dreams - http://www.pluginguru.com/guru-products ... gic-dreams . I must admit I raised my eyebrows (heavens) at the price - $60. It's quite hefty @182 patches, plus multis, fx presets etc. But 1/4 of the price of the entire Omni 2 upgrade feels too much imo.

Incidentally, Omni 2.1 update is out (software and database updates). Will try to install this later - looks like some good fixes, but personally was hoping for quite a bit more, especially on the database side.
You can get my Omni 2 library (350 patches) for just $25.

I agree. Overpriced beyond belief.

But I guess you can charge those prices when you're a big name.

noiseboyuk wrote:But 1/4 of the price of the entire Omni 2 upgrade feels too much imo.
with the omni 2 upgrade at 1/2 the price of the entire omni 1 package, i'd say he has the relative scaling spot on :wink: :P

Return to “Instruments”