New Vengeance synth in the works

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so, I read in the V-forum (most of it in german) as part of their plans for 2015, there are posts about it going back to december 2014.
admins there talk about a Vengeance synth in development, which is not a rompler (Nexus style) and not Vanguard v2.
now that interests me alot because their FX plugins are great.
Anyone has any information? maybe something in english? hopefully someone from Vengeance or Keilwerth will chime in here too.

the only hope i have would be that they finally drop the dongle requirement... i'd love to work with nexus and their effect plugins, but i will never ever waste a usb port just because of an archaic copy protection system that is just an imposition for the people who buy software legally... but that is another story i guess ;)

I think it's actually a good thing!

due to the fact that a major part of the electronic production scene downloads warezed software and uses it extensively, one who uses Vengeance products actually has a major advantage due to the fact that they're NOT crackable. just like Cubase 8. the last hacked version of Cubase is 5, and as I understood the only guy with the knowledge to hack the old code for the elicenser is no longer with us.
this protection is all over the place in the code, but it's great that it doesn't hog the cpu, unlike iLok/pace.

so Vengeance has 0 piracy cases.

what I do think, though, that they could be a bit easier about all the license transfer process, so one doesn't have to actually ship a dongle to sell a plugin. resale ability is pretty important with highly priced plugins (even when justified).

I actually think the V plugins are better than anything else out there when it comes to EDM production.

so I'm actually fine with it!

well, i don't know how the situation looks like in reality, but i simply cannot believe that neither they have 0 cases of piracy nor that the dongle cp is un-crackable. EVERYTHING can be cracked and is cracked nowadays. just think about this simple question: if a dongle would mean no piracy then why on earth wouldn't all software developers rely on that? why wouldn't the dongle protection be ubiquitous? to think that every company that doesn't use this deliberately accepts that they loose money that they could easily have when switching to the usb solution would be more than naive... no offense though, thats just my understanding of it ;)

other developers would rely on that but this protection is expensive on one side, and on the other side many end users dislike such protections. for the bigger developers, piracy is a drop in the sea of money. for smaller developers going with something like elicenser is too expansive.

Cubase wasn't cracked since version 5 in 2009! that's more than 6 years. it's impossible to hack the elicenser. read about it.
any elicenser based software was never cracked since 2009.

but that's not the topic here :)

right, but you definitely caught my interest - gonna do a little research, just curious how things look like :D

any way, i'd be also very curious about a new synth from vengeance! as i said, i fancy nexus for years now, and vanguard was pretty interesting too. don't know any further details though ;)

Yes the Synth is in the works since over 2 years now. It's called VPS Avenger and soon we will start the beta.
Its quite a "jack of all trades device" and we currently try - despite of all possibilities which you have - that it won't be too complicated to use. Its based on wavetables & native oscs and you have the total control over all aspects of the frequencies anytime.
As soon as it has a proper GUI we will release a screenshot :)

great news. If it's as good as phalanx it could be a great synth.

msvs wrote:Yes the Synth is in the works since over 2 years now. It's called VPS Avenger and soon we will start the beta.
Its quite a "jack of all trades device" and we currently try - despite of all possibilities which you have - that it won't be too complicated to use. Its based on wavetables & native oscs and you have the total control over all aspects of the frequencies anytime.
As soon as this goes on sale, you'll almost certainly have my money. Again. :love:

msvs wrote:Yes the Synth is in the works since over 2 years now. It's called VPS Avenger and soon we will start the beta.
So Vanguard 2 is officially dumped then?

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Sim.Sky wrote:the only hope i have would be that they finally drop the dongle requirement... i'd love to work with nexus and their effect plugins, but i will never ever waste a usb port just because of an archaic copy protection system that is just an imposition for the people who buy software legally... but that is another story i guess ;)
Yeah I rather have them drop the dongle than see another synth too.

Any chance for sound clips?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

It's interesting that some licence protection systems have never been cracked, or at least, not for five years or more. Steinberg software, for example, hasn't been cracked for years, nor has Nexus, so I wonder why they aren't able to charge much less, seeing as they can't suffer from piracy? I don't get it. FL Studio is cracked and always available, but they still presumably sell loads, and for much less than Cubase.

basslinemaster wrote:It's interesting that some licence protection systems have never been cracked, or at least, not for five years or more. Steinberg software, for example, hasn't been cracked for years, nor has Nexus, so I wonder why they aren't able to charge much less, seeing as they can't suffer from piracy? I don't get it. FL Studio is cracked and always available, but they still presumably sell loads, and for much less than Cubase.
I think you know the answer to that :)

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

basslinemaster wrote:It's interesting that some licence protection systems have never been cracked, or at least, not for five years or more. Steinberg software, for example, hasn't been cracked for years, nor has Nexus, so I wonder why they aren't able to charge much less, seeing as they can't suffer from piracy?

Why should they? People do pay those prices. And there's also the licence costs when implementing a 3rd party protection.

Return to “Instruments”