TAL Sampler

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Sampler

BlackWinny wrote:Another question:

Is it normal to be able to drag the start point further than the begin point (and even the end point) of a loop?

I think no, I can't imagine that situation...

Precision : I have the version 1.4.1.
From the Manual:
It’s possible to make reverse loops when you set the start position behind the end position.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
What the hell. Of course it should be automatable! OH man why would it not be. I suppose you could just permanently map those to the macros, but why have the workaround, why not just expose them to automation...

Yeah, maybe get in touch with him. Too bad he's not here ;-)
In case it helps, here's what he wrote:
Patrick wrote: It's my fault that it shows up in the automation list. It's not possible to automate this slider directly, because every mapping can have a different start position. You need to route it with the mod matrix and assign one of the performance paramater (P1-P4). You can then automate P1 for example or use a MIDI controller to change the start position.

Apostrophe wrote:
What the hell. Of course it should be automatable! OH man why would it not be. I suppose you could just permanently map those to the macros, but why have the workaround, why not just expose them to automation...

Yeah, maybe get in touch with him. Too bad he's not here ;-)
In case it helps, here's what he wrote:
Patrick wrote: It's my fault that it shows up in the automation list. It's not possible to automate this slider directly, because every mapping can have a different start position. You need to route it with the mod matrix and assign one of the performance paramater (P1-P4). You can then automate P1 for example or use a MIDI controller to change the start position.
Yeah I got the same response by email. I don't understand the part "because every mapping can have a different start position". It's just a knob like any other. And why wouldn't the loop start and end be automatable. One of the coolest things about a simple sampler like this is to scrub through the sample with a hardware knob. I just don't see why the workaround of mapping to one of the 4 macros. Also there are 4 macros but 5 parameters that don't respond to host control, including the fade knob.

I think the "because every mapping can have a different start position" means that there would be MANY automations if you have multiple samples. Worst case scenario you have four layers with one sample per key.. 512 automation lanes :D
When you assign them to a performance knob you control all for that layer.
:hug:

Just purchased, definitely preferred this to Kontakt when playing identical samples. Some extra outputs and bp/hp filters would be nice. Looking forward to using it.

Wow, a whole bunch of fixes and additions were released today:

http://tal-software.com/
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Indeed, it's almost like the users buying it first were beta-testers

Gribs wrote:Wow, a whole bunch of fixes and additions were released today:

Actually only the top few are for 1.4.2. Most of those changes were from 1.4.1 and 1.4.0 (noted in parentheses).
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crackbaby wrote:I think the "because every mapping can have a different start position" means that there would be MANY automations if you have multiple samples. Worst case scenario you have four layers with one sample per key.. 512 automation lanes :D
When you assign them to a performance knob you control all for that layer.
Oh you mean there can be multiple samples on a given layer and each one gets it's own knobs for start/end, loops and fade? Ok that would make sense then if that's the case. I thought there was just the one knob for each layer. Didn't try multiple samples per layer.

Well in this case it should have more than 4 macros so that all 5 source controls can be mapped at one for when we're just using for a single sample per layer and want to control those 5 parameters by some host automapping.

Gribs wrote:Wow, a whole bunch of fixes and additions were released today:

Actually only the top few are for 1.4.2. Most of those changes were from 1.4.1 and 1.4.0 (noted in parentheses).
Ah, my bad... I think I am still at 1.4.0 and playing catch-up
------------------------------------------
Gribs

After a half hour of flipping through presets and playing with the filter and envelopes...yep, a no-brainer purchase. Definitely got a smile on my face when I heard some of the PPG stuff and the sampled Prophet VS "STEWKEY" patch (nice to have access to that again for the first time since I sold my VS two decades ago). Not to mention the vintage drum machine sounds.

It's hard not to feel deeply nostalgic playing with this run through a Relab LX480 hall and think, man...when I was starting out in the mid '80s, it would've taken $20,000 to get an Emulator II and a Lexicon 480L to do the same thing (and only have one "instance" of each).
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Hi all,

Since there were no formal reviews of this plug-in I wanted to help out and review it. Here is the YouTube review:

Let's Look at - TAL Sampler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kernyUzZv7E

Hope you find something useful in the review, cheers.

This plug-in is fantastic and very inspiring and immediate to use, IMO.

does anyone know if he plans to eventuallyy add actual sampling capabilities to this sampler, ideally with the characteristics of vintage adc's ? or has it been ruled out ?

perhaps the idea is that the resampler dac type sr/bit reduction etc algos/functions are supposed to colour the sounds in such a way that it simulates the sound actually having been sampled through the corresponding adc (even though it doesn't propose that) ... but even if that's the case, it would still be great if this puppy could sample - for reasons that I would hope are obvious...

Thanks for making the video grymmjack. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Daags wrote:does anyone know if he plans to eventuallyy add actual sampling capabilities to this sampler, ideally with the characteristics of vintage adc's ? or has it been ruled out ?

perhaps the idea is that the resampler dac type sr/bit reduction etc algos/functions are supposed to colour the sounds in such a way that it simulates the sound actually having been sampled through the corresponding adc (even though it doesn't propose that) ... but even if that's the case, it would still be great if this puppy could sample - for reasons that I would hope are obvious...
What? A sampler that can actually sample? Get outta here..!

(I have been wanting this for years coming from first hardware, then to the old Creamware software samplers that could actually sample)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”