TAL Sampler

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Sampler

It looks like all the sample position parameters don't respond to automation, although they are in the automation list. For example sample start and end, loop start and end.

Can anyone confirm? I'm on OSX and using Bitwig.

Same here on Mavericks (S1 v3).

I sent a note to Patrick.

Hello Patrick

I hope you read the thread. I have not found where to send you the feature requests.

May I request for an improvement concerning the menus, the modulation matrix, and the tabs?

With my eyesight impairement, even by tweaking the colours with the current feature I have strong issues to see these three parts:
- The menus
- The modulation matrix
- The tabs at the top left (not their content but the tabs themselves)

So, in the panel which shows the colour tweaking, at the right most column which shows pre-made options there is a room which could be use to add a checkbox with this option: "Invert the colours of the menus, the mod-matrix & the tabs". I think that it would be easy simply by inverting the hexa colours of the background and foreground of these three elements. Would you agree? For my strong eyesight impairement it would be certainly excellent... and I think that all the persons having an eyesight impairement would be very glad to have this option (which can stay freely unchecked for the persons having no eyesight problem).

In the same matter, I have a huge problem with the coloured crown around the knobs. The active plage of the crown around the knobs is not contrasted enough compared to the inactive plage. I suggest a very dark colour for the inactive plage of the knob crowns to greatly improve the contrast with their active plage.

Thanks a lot!
BlackWinny, your faithful customer (TAB-UNO-LX, TAL-Bassline-101 and now TAL-Sampler)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:... I have not found where to send you the feature requests.
M'enfin!
http://tal-software.com/support/index
:wink:
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

v1.4.1 released

Load when select option added in preset browser (v1.4.1).
Open system file browser from within the wav and preset browser (v1.4.1)
Show not assigned keys in global piano roll (v1.4.1).
More contrast for selected text (v1.4.1).
Prevent combobox stealing enter key (v1.4.1).

Some Videos I didn't know about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWaDhPHG ... e=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl_euKYu ... e=youtu.be
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:It looks like all the sample position parameters don't respond to automation, although they are in the automation list. For example sample start and end, loop start and end.

Patrick says that sample start/end shouldn't show up in automation list.
But they can be automated by automating performance parameters (P1-P4) assigned via mod matrix.

Is it just me, or does the Hiss parameter not do anything? I honestly can't tell the difference between it cranked fully on or off!
A well-behaved signature.

It sure does do, quite a lot in fact. If you don't hear it, it might be either your speaker system, or your listening system at fault... :)

teacue wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:... I have not found where to send you the feature requests.
M'enfin!
http://tal-software.com/support/index
:wink:
Nan nan nan...

Just under the field to enter a text he writes this:
Please do not enter any feature requests here!
But of course I must confess that I have although used it, having not found any other place in his website.

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Another question:

Is it normal to be able to drag the start point further than the begin point (and even the end point) of a loop?

I think no, I can't imagine that situation...

Precision : I have the version 1.4.1.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Being affected of a strong protanomaly (a genetical disease diminishing the response of the retina in the red part of the spectrum)... I have the worst difficulty to see the red curve. Do you know if it is possible to change its "normal colour" to another colour ? (bright green for example or any other)

BlackWinny wrote:Is it normal to be able to drag the start point further than the begin point (and even the end point) of a loop?

I think no, I can't imagine that situation...
It's normal and perfectly possible in other samplers as well.

Ah Ok. Thank you ED !

Apostrophe wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:It looks like all the sample position parameters don't respond to automation, although they are in the automation list. For example sample start and end, loop start and end.

Patrick says that sample start/end shouldn't show up in automation list.
But they can be automated by automating performance parameters (P1-P4) assigned via mod matrix.
What the hell. Of course it should be automatable! OH man why would it not be. I suppose you could just permanently map those to the macros, but why have the workaround, why not just expose them to automation...

I cant wait to check the update out
Last edited by V0RT3X on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”