All good things come to those who wait.. the Synth Squad 2 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amber (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Strobe (DCAM: Synth Squad)

I think that the new Strobe GUI looks fantastic. I am all for readable and scalable GUIs. The way to sell me product is through sound, usability (readability, GUI layout, interface with OS and file system etc), and features/programming options.

My personal opinion regarding adding a wave table synth to the FXpansion product line is to prioritize something like that after finishing the DCAM upgrade and (again being hopeful!) a Geist upgrade with a scalable GUI. Also please do not forget about Tremor. I think it is a wonderful drum synth and sequencer, especially for poly-rhythms (I like Geist for the ability to do poly-rhythms, too).
------------------------------------------
Gribs

I'm super late to the party, so please forgive if this has come up already. I'm thinking about buying 'Squad, yet it crashes the hell out of Cubase 7.5 (I'm on Windows 8.1) with an I7). I mean, it either crashes the program or my whole computer freezes up. It's too bad, because the little time it has worked has revealed it to be quite a modulation monster, of supernatural proportions (seems to be close to Alchemy from that specific perspective, in terms of options).

I'm a total synth geek who lives for deep synths, are there are tips for making Synth Squad run smooth, please? Any help would be hugely appreciated!
Ha ha suck it!

wald wrote:
AngusFX wrote
Examples please of synths (hard or soft) that combine FM and Wavetable and do it well & musical sounding (either PM/FM of wavetables - or a wavetable source sending PM/FM to another oscillator).. need some inspiration here.
Waldorf Blofeld
And by extension, Largo, too.

Gribs wrote:My personal opinion regarding adding a wave table synth to the FXpansion product line is to prioritize something like that after finishing the DCAM upgrade and (again being hopeful!) a Geist upgrade with a scalable GUI. Also please do not forget about Tremor. I think it is a wonderful drum synth and sequencer, especially for poly-rhythms (I like Geist for the ability to do poly-rhythms, too).
+1

One of the things that excites me most about the vector GUI for Strobe 2 is the hope/possibility/expectancy that this will be applied to Geist, which my ageing eyesight now finds difficult to use.

EvilDragon wrote:
wald wrote:
AngusFX wrote
Examples please of synths (hard or soft) that combine FM and Wavetable and do it well & musical sounding (either PM/FM of wavetables - or a wavetable source sending PM/FM to another oscillator).. need some inspiration here.
Waldorf Blofeld
And by extension, Largo, too.
That's one of my favorite features in Largo. You can go crazy with oscillators modulating other oscillators, four pages worth! You can literally put stacks upon stacks, amazingly thick and powerful sound. Then add one of the best onboard delays in existence...

okay, forgive me my endless Waldorf gushing :love:
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:You can go crazy with oscillators modulating other oscillators
When you do use that Synth Squad demo (and it does not crash for you) try modulating oscillators with other oscillators via the TransMod system (and not by using the FM knob). This can give some 'wild' sounds.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote:
Apostate wrote:You can go crazy with oscillators modulating other oscillators
When you do use that Synth Squad demo (and it does not crash for you) try modulating oscillators with other oscillators via the TransMod system (and not by using the FM knob). This can give some 'wild' sounds.
Sounds great! Hope someone can help me so I can keep it running long enough.
Ha ha suck it!

After looking over this thread, it seems this is getting a bit like the Nave vst; it's a terrific time to buy Synth Squad, both because of the current sale and because the developer is here regularly and listening to and working on feature requests (forgive me if I'm wrong on any of this).

With the low price currently offered, I'll probably kick myself if I pass up the chance to buy now, Cubase crashes or no. It's just...I have plenty of synths, including hogs like Diva and East West, but nothing outside of Cycle crashes my computer the way Synth Squad does SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! :dog:
Ha ha suck it!

Okay, just bought Synth Squad and WOW! Great synth. I'm curious as to whether I have Strobe 2 with my recent purchase or is that yet to come out? Sorry about my ignorance.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:Okay, just bought Synth Squad and WOW! Great synth. I'm curious as to whether I have Strobe 2 with my recent purchase or is that yet to come out? Sorry about my ignorance.
Not yet. September.

lnikj wrote:
Apostate wrote:Okay, just bought Synth Squad and WOW! Great synth. I'm curious as to whether I have Strobe 2 with my recent purchase or is that yet to come out? Sorry about my ignorance.
Not yet. September.

Thanks! Wondering if that's a free upgrade...
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
lnikj wrote:
Not yet. September.

The full price of Strobe2 for new users will be comparable to the cost of purchasing DCAM: Synth Squad during the sale period and upgrading to Strobe2 upon its release.

Quite cryptic, aint?
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
Apostate wrote:
lnikj wrote:
Not yet. September.

The full price of Strobe2 for new users will be comparable to the cost of purchasing DCAM: Synth Squad during the sale period and upgrading to Strobe2 upon its release.

Quite cryptic, aint?
(Captain Kirk voice): I think...I might...have it...
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
(Captain Kirk voice): I think...I might...have it...
Murderous duck!

Sorry no - the Strobe2 upgrade won't be free.

The FAQ item means that the full price of Strobe2 (for people who don't own Synth Squad) will be roughly:

the price of Synth Squad during the sale + Strobe2 upgrade price

We discounted the price of Synth Squad to avoid having to implement a grace period for Strobe2, as it's often difficult to verify purchase dates etc. If you buy Synth Squad now at the discounted price and upgrade to Strobe2 when it's released, you won't pay more than the full Strobe2 price for non-Synth Squad owners. Hope this clarifies things.
Mayur Maha
FXpansion Audio [http://www.fxpansion.com]

Return to “Instruments”