Live - How to clone a clip without Envelopes?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Two question, working in Session View. I'd like to clone a clip quickly without any Envelopes.
If I drag holding CTRL it copy everythings.

1 - How do I copy a clip without envelopes in Session View into the same Track? If I have 20 envelopes, I need to delete them manually one by one.

Let say this, I've noticed that after remove all envelopes, the params of the instruments from the new playing clip (when I trigger it) get the last "automation" values of the last clip recordings (i.e. the dotted lines). So, for get the real state of the current instrument when I manage a new clip, first I need to play it first (resetting all params to the actual default state), then rec.

2 - Is there a way to avoid this? So putting the dotted lines to the "actual" status of the instrument. Because if I stop and copy the clip in the middle of its lenght, the first recordings automatically move params to the default state, so I miss them when automating. This makes confusion, and I need to re-record.

Hope the question are clears, and that Live can achieve this!

Thanks!

No way dudes? Would also be good that, once I record a new param inside another clip, the default value (before its new movement) is replicate to the all current clip. So the state between clips are always different for each clip.

Is there a sort of "auto init" the default paramateres before recordings? So the "dotted" lines to each param in each clip...
This will make the whole session compact!!!

You can clear all envelopes in one go in a menu somewhere.

BDeep wrote:You can clear all envelopes in one go in a menu somewhere.
Uhm, where exactly? I can't find that menu...

right click on the clip
delete envelopes
or cmd del on mac

dave

Thanks. And what about the second point?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”