Admiral Quality Poly-ana offers custom skinning (and win a free license)!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Poly-Ana

Echoes in the Attic wrote:It's the small knobs that I find hardest to read! The little white bit that shows what position it's at just isn't very obvious. And the shadows are pretty annoying.

Thanks for link Teksonik!

You're welcome......... :)

Yes I'd love to make some better knobs but I gave it a go in Knobman and failed miserably......... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'm really liking this simple grey with the clutter taken away. Nice work teksonic. Even if nobody makes something radically different, this one is a pleasure. I still like the general vibe of the original controls, so it's fine to have those. I think if anything I'd maybe like to move some around on the background like the switch labels I mentioned before. Maybe I can figure out how to do that...

I was successful in moving some of the labels around...it's not that hard but is very time consuming. At least for me it is...maybe there is an easier way. The problem is that you don't have the knobs in view when editing the background .png so you kind of have to go by trial and error...count the number of pixels you move a label both in X an Y so they can be consistent....etc. Time consuming but I may try to keep working on this edit while we wait for a real skinner to create a new skin. I'll keep posting any progress I make..... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Whats a program that lets you edit the text placement? Anything free for mac?

Had fun with this - here's my first contribution.

Not sure what I'm supposed to do with the skin files. Just .zip the folder and upload here? or?

Get All My Free Plugins/Packs/Etc...
>> http://www.toneden.io/lofiradio >> :phones:

Norbz wrote:Had fun with this - here's my first contribution.

Not sure what I'm supposed to do with the skin files. Just .zip the folder and upload here? or?

Hey now we're getting somewhere! Although I don't understand colouring the oscs and the envelopes one color and the rest something else. Wouldn't make sense to color all the modulation stuff one thing and the rest something else? Audio signals vs control signals?

Looks cool though!

Screenshots removed as skins without a GUI keyboard are no longer supported in the latest version...
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Teksonik wrote:I was successful in moving some of the labels around...it's not that hard but is very time consuming. At least for me it is...maybe there is an easier way. The problem is that you don't have the knobs in view when editing the background .png so you kind of have to go by trial and error...count the number of pixels you move a label both in X an Y so they can be consistent....etc. Time consuming but I may try to keep working on this edit while we wait for a real skinner to create a new skin. I'll keep posting any progress I make..... :)
For my new skin i posted yesterday i did this with the coordinates shown in Windows Paint.
Each of the controls like e.g. big knob, small knob etc. have a small or bigger "offset" to the value in teh XML file.
I did get that "offset" by comaring the position in Windows Paint with the position shown in the XML file of my previous version of the skin that was without re-organizing the knob positions.

That "offset" will be different with all new knobs,swicthes etc. except if they have exactly the same size as the ones used before. That means if i use totally new kobs with my existing skin i would maybe have to re-edit the coordinates. Anyway the new offset feature included with Beta 3 could maybe help with that.

This way i was able to get VERY close to final position. In some cases it did even fit 100%. In most others i had to fine tune it a few pixels.

BTW usually you open the "global options window" by clicking at the "Admiral Quality" logo.
In my new skin i was able to get this work by changing the clicking area for this.
This is close to the beginning of the XML file. You have to enter 4 values for the borders of the area.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Norbz wrote:Had fun with this - here's my first contribution.

Althoug the wasted space (IMO) remains there, this looks much more neat
Fernando (FMR)

Here's another version. Looks nice when it's loaded in the daw and you move controls/change switches..

I'm going to wait until the widescreen version of the VST is released and I'll give that one another treatment utilizing some of these elements and do light vs dark versions for you guys too.

Last edited by Norbz on Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get All My Free Plugins/Packs/Etc...
>> http://www.toneden.io/lofiradio >> :phones:

As i just mentioned Mike was not happy that i posted a skin (the new one posted above) without the keyboard.

Due to that he just released a Beta 5 that opens a warning message like this whne loading the plugin:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... sage_1.png

If you click "OK" the skin is working again but not sure if it will do in future versions.

This means that by removing the keyboards GUI elements, shifting the keyboard out of the visual range (i had done those two..) and by removing it from the XML file (which did already cause a crash in Beta 3) in future versions it could not be possible to remove the keyboard from the GUI. At the moment it work but you get that message if you open tzhe plugin.

This error message seems to be included with the DLL file as i used the old XML file.

UPDATE:
Incereasing the background image size and re-adding and shifting the keyboard seems to help with that error message...

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

I dunno.. i just love this old skin.. ..somehow it fits so well with the analogish sound of Poly-Ana.. ..i hope a new skin will "reflect" that too..
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Ingonator wrote:As i just mentioned Mike was not happy that i posted a skin (the new one posted above) without the keyboard.

Due to that he just released a Beta 5 that opens a warning message like this whne loading the plugin:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... sage_1.png

If you click "OK" the skin is working again but not sure if it will do in future versions.

This means that by removing the keyboards GUI elements, shifting the keyboard out of the visual range (i had done those two..) and by removing it from the XML file (which did already cause a crash in Beta 3) in future versions it could not be possible to remove the keyboard from the GUI. At the moment it work but you get that message if you open tzhe plugin.

This error message seems to be included with the DLL file as i used the old XML file.

UPDATE:
Incereasing the background image size and re-adding and shifting the keyboard seems to help with that error message...
As with the latest Poly-Ana 1.3 Beta 5 the Plugin creates that error message (see above) when removing the keyboard i just re-added the keyboard to my last skin by increasing the height of the background picture (ye, this seems to be possible!!) and re-adding the keyboard to that new added space:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... ed__02.png

Tne height is now biger than 800 so this is not recommended to be used on lower resoutions like e.g. 800 x 600, 1024 x 769 etc.
I am using it at Full HD resolution which is no problem.

Also shifted the logo to a new place, shifted the Volume + Tune knobs a bit and did a few changes to the "color coding" of the sections.

UPDATE:
Replaced with updated skin (also see page 16).

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Glad it's finally getting a facelift, but damn those modulation mixers waste a LOT of space...
< nobody cares what you use >

quantize wrote:Glad it's finally getting a facelift, but damn those modulation mixers waste a LOT of space...
actuallöy the mod mixer acts like a mathematical formula.

For Example: WHEEL x ENV-1 + PRESS x LFO-2

For each of those steps you also got the amount control.
The result is then used as a single mod source (called "MIX-1" or "MIX-2"). Seems to be difficult to completely change the look/aarrangementmod mixer without getting a lot of confusion.

With the skinning you could just change the look and the placement of the controlsbut not crteate a totally new kind of mod mixer.

As mentioned earlier you could also not replace the Osc waveform selecttion with a simple switch or drop-down menu as the waveform control is continuous and not as simple single steps.
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”