[SOLVED] Serious Komplete 8 headaches with updating - HELP!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Every time I try to update any of my Komplete 8 products, such as Kontakt, Reaktor, Guitar Rig, Absynth, etc - I get the following error:

An installation package for the product Native Instruments Kontakt 5 cannot be found.
Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'Kontakt 5 Setup PC.msi'

Unable to uninstall old version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5. Please uninstall it
yourself using Control Panel Add-Remove Programs before attempting to install this
product.

Fatal error during installation.

As a result, I cannot update anything.

Smaller stuff, like libraries, I can update no problem, but the main apps I cannot. I tried uninstalling them through Programs and Features and that failed miserably - said it could not find the uninstaller.

I tried deleting them and re-installing - the Komplete 8 installer goes through the motions but does not install anything - this is off the original Komplete 8 DVD 1 that worked the first time.

Everything I try fails. HELP! I need the updates versions for libraries I bought that use the newest version of Kontakt and Reaktor.

This is a windows 7 64 bit system, btw.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Mike
Last edited by Karmacomposer on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I am not quite sure, but I've seen this happen. If you look around the NI forum, there may be a registry cleaner -- I believe this problem occurs when the uninstaller is removed through a third party program (CCleaner, etc.)

Or you could try to fix the registry by using a cleaner and see whether there are entries regarding NI programs, and get rid of them.
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

schnapsglas wrote:I am not quite sure, but I've seen this happen. If you look around the NI forum, there may be a registry cleaner -- I believe this problem occurs when the uninstaller is removed through a third party program (CCleaner, etc.)
Crap, that may very well be it. I'll check.

Mike

NI = Nice products, Major suckage on updates

Yes, this happens if you remove the MSI installers from C:/Program Data/{randomIDnumber} folders. Gotta leave them in!

Another thing I gotta say is -- not related to this thread -- we often forget to backup our whole setup. It pays off to backup our work, but setup is also important. When that Cubase doesn't open and we have to redo everything: too much work.
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

Awesome. Here is the fix, literally:

http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/?wa=wsignin1.0

Using the install and uninstall fixit, it fixed Kontakt and that means it will fix all the others too.

Thank you for the ccleaner remark - that deleted the uninstallers. Damn thing.

Be warned to not run tools like ccleaner on full automatic - things like this can happen.

Mike

Sorry if this bump annoys anyone but I registered just to say thanks for this fix! I've been racking my brains trying every possible method for the last 5 hours after I got a new Kontakt Library and it wouldn't work on my version (I think I had 5.0.1 or something similar).

The whole update process with Native Instruments and in particular Kontakt is really quite messed up. In order to get my new Library (which by the way was Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass - highly recommended!) working in Kontakt I had to update to a newer version (5.1 or more). I downloaded the update but annoyingly, I got the message that I must uninstall my previous version of Kontakt before proceeding to install the new one. The problem was, I couldn't uninstall Kontakt as there was no uninstaller (not sure how - maybe Ccleaner) and using the Add/Remove Program feature on Windows still didn't get rid of it - nor did deleting the registry entries pertaining to Kontakt. I was also getting other messages telling me that I had the latest version of Kontakt and the only way to update it was through the program itself. So frustrating and tedious NI!

The only thing that worked (like a miracle!) was the same "Fix it" method that you used (the one called "Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled). It deleted Kontakt from my system so I could reinstall it again (in the newer version). Now I've got my updated Kontakt up and running with a new bad-ass bass! Gotta love the internet! Cheers!

Okay, sorry to revive an old thread. I'm working off Windows 8.1 and the fixit tool worked great for the other programs (Kontakt etc..). For Reaktor, the program won't even show up listed in the Fixit tool. It keeps telling me it is detecting an old version. Reaktor never showed up in Add/Remove programs and I can't find it anywhere else. I have also cleared it manually from the Registry (which finally removed it from the Service Center and it stop showing up within Maschine). I am baffled by this. I've tried to even reinstall using the Komplete 10 original data drive, which tells me it "can't detect and installer". I must have cleared out the registry incorrectly because all my programs do this now upon update. Any idea how to remedy this? How frustrating is this shit...

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
OMG!!! So I just registered like the other guy just to post this thread I found in Google FINALLY (after seriously 12 hours yesterday) helped me fine the solution and I have some updates for others that run into this in the future. Anyone thinking about Maschine think twice, I"m only sticking with it because I'm so heavily invested already. Their support is GARBAGE, their forum is GARBAGE, you get no answers to things. Seriously support didn't answer twice to questions. With the money we spend on this you think they would, their updates, glitches and support is seriously horrible.

Sorry I'm just exhausted, but onto the fix, the microsoft fixit tool helped me fix the uninstall problem finally! Then I had a hard time trying to find the actual tool, the link above doesn't work, so here's the new one for those that might have the same issue https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mat ... _uninstall (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall).

Good luck! Maschine support and updates really need to get their shit together, customers word of mouth is big and apparently they don't understand that.

I DELETED MSI INSTALLER AND HOW CAN FIX THIS PLEASE HELP
EvilDragon wrote:Yes, this happens if you remove the MSI installers from C:/Program Data/{randomIDnumber} folders. Gotta leave them in!

EvilDragon wrote:Yes, this happens if you remove the MSI installers from C:/Program Data/{randomIDnumber} folders. Gotta leave them in!
Begin rant-
Yeah, I have problems using Native Access because I deleted all of those. I can't imagine why the NI installers vomit all that garbage in the middle of nowhere, instead of installing them neatly in a Native Instruments folder. I try not to complain about where companies install stuff, but this is ridiculous how the complete top of my "Program Data" folder is littered with these randomly named folders.
-End rant
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Return to “Instruments”