AudioThing releases Fog Convolver - v1.5.1 - True Stereo!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fog Convolver

I don't know if anyone has suggested this feature, but I think it would be really cool if there was a way to get Fog Convolver to respond to a MIDI gate signal with a simple A&D envelope or maybe just a "Gate" button with a subtle amount of attack and delay under the hood to prevent DC offset clicks when the audio is gated. That way, rhythmic impulses wouldn't overlap each other when using it in live performance situations :hyper:

Sound Author wrote:I don't know if anyone has suggested this feature, but I think it would be really cool if there was a way to get Fog Convolver to respond to a MIDI gate signal with a simple A&D envelope or maybe just a "Gate" button with a subtle amount of attack and delay under the hood to prevent DC offset clicks when the audio is gated. That way, rhythmic impulses wouldn't overlap each other when using it in live performance situations :hyper:
I guess that should be possible if you automate the Wet slider somehow.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

audiothing wrote:
Sound Author wrote:I don't know if anyone has suggested this feature, but I think it would be really cool if there was a way to get Fog Convolver to respond to a MIDI gate signal with a simple A&D envelope or maybe just a "Gate" button with a subtle amount of attack and delay under the hood to prevent DC offset clicks when the audio is gated. That way, rhythmic impulses wouldn't overlap each other when using it in live performance situations :hyper:
I guess that should be possible if you automate the Wet slider somehow.
Automating the Wet slider would gate the effect, but the IR would still be processing audio through its entire sample length, so when the Wet slider returned to its original position, you would still hear the last note you played cycling through the IR.

Of course, this is not a problem for reverbs, which are supposed to have a tail, but for rhythmic convolutions, it would be nice if there was a way to actually stop the IR dead in its tracks when I release a note. That way, notes don't bump into each other.

I've never developed anything in C++, but the general idea is to send a MIDI gate signal to the sampler containing the IR. That way it doesn't just trigger the IR and process audio through the entire sample from start to finish. But like I said earlier, you'll need some smoothing to prevent DC offset clicks.

Hope that makes sense :wink:

Oh I get what you mean, that could actually be a nice feature for a convolution based synth.

audiothing wrote:Oh I get what you mean, that could actually be a nice feature for a convolution based synth.
Plus, I don't think it would be difficult to implement. Just a simple "Gate" button somewhere on the GUI :tu:

We just updated Fog Convolver to v1.0.5 adding new features and fixing a couple of bugs, so we decided to extend the intro price for another couple of days.

Update v1.0.5
– Extended Stretch range to x8
– Preset Browser fully editable (you can now change all the fields on the fly without re-saving the preset)
– Added option to hide the Preset Browser
– Added "Reset All Ratings" to Preset Browser
– Added Parameters Lock
– Smoother Wet and Dry sliders
– Fixed path issues when re-loading IR from a different drive letter
– Fixed HighPass and LowPass input text
– Fixed Pro Tools noise when resetting dafult parameters

Existing customers can update the plug-in by downloading and installing the demo version at the bottom of the product page: http://www.audiothing.net/effects/fog-convolver/
Just be sure not to install the Factory Bank again as it will be a lite version.

I repeatedly get "image not recognized" after downloading the Mac demo just now… :-(

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:I repeatedly get "image not recognized" after downloading the Mac demo just now… :-(
I didn't see that the upload was still going. Sorry, try again now :)

audiothing wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:I repeatedly get "image not recognized" after downloading the Mac demo just now… :-(
I didn't see that the upload was still going. Sorry, try again now :)
Thanks – all OK now!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Nice update. Being able to collapse the preset browser is a nice touch. It would be nice if we could assign a root IR folder, that way we could access our IRs through a tree menu via the top preset window ... But I'm splitting hairs at this point. I'm very happy with Fog Convolver as it is. Great work, Carlo :tu:

Something is weird with this update, it's not loading any IRs. It loads the curves (if present) but not the wav and they are all showing as 0 seconds long (third party and factory bank).

aMUSEd wrote:Something is weird with this update, it's not loading any IRs. It loads the curves (if present) but not the wav and they are all showing as 0 seconds long (third party and factory bank).
Sure you didn't accidentally load the factory bank? The demo installer installs a light version. I unchecked the "Factory Bank" box in the installer and all my IRs seem to function perfectly :?

Sound Author wrote:Nice update. Being able to collapse the preset browser is a nice touch. It would be nice if we could assign a root IR folder, that way we could access our IRs through a tree menu via the top preset window ... But I'm splitting hairs at this point. I'm very happy with Fog Convolver as it is. Great work, Carlo :tu:
Thank you. You can always import your IR banks with More -> Import IR Folder and manage the Banks as you wish.
aMUSEd wrote:Something is weird with this update, it's not loading any IRs. It loads the curves (if present) but not the wav and they are all showing as 0 seconds long (third party and factory bank).
That's odd. Can you check if maybe the start/end knob are wrong? Are you using a saved project or did you put it in a new project? Which format and which host are you using?

Sound Author wrote:
Sure you didn't accidentally load the factory bank? The demo installer installs a light version. I unchecked the "Factory Bank" box in the installer and all my IRs seem to function perfectly :?
Yeah sure - and this is a problem with all my files, not just the factory bank. They are showing the full filename when I load them (with additional info set) but 0s for all and no display (or sound).

aMUSEd wrote:
Sound Author wrote:
Yeah sure - and this is a problem with all my files, not just the factory bank. They are showing the full filename when I load them (with additional info set) but 0s for all and no display (or sound).
Whoah, that's not good. Screenshot?

Return to “Effects”