30 years from now

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aryaroman wrote:Will a lot of us (still alive) be confined to our beds, because we've lost the ability to use our legs? Are we going to be arranging, composing, recording and playing music, with our keyboard built-in to a "movable hospital food-platform"?
That sounds like the future humans in Wall-E. :)

Of course this is all moot as DAWs as we know them will no longer exist, only infantilised ipad apps will be available. (sarcasm I think...)

Rammstein will be elevator music...
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

werp wrote:Rammstein will be elevator music...
That may not be too far off from the truth :). You know how people born in the 40's can't stand the sound of medium to heavy distortion, and people born in the 20's couldn't stand the sound of even early rock n roll which was barely distorted. It wouldn't surprise me if the hard EDM sound is conditioning young people's ears to be accepting of even nastier forms of distortion (I can only listen to it for so long).

30 years from now today's EDM generation will be in their 40s, complaining about the nastiness of whatever the new generation has dreamed up.
Of course, acoustic instruments will go in and out of fashion just as they have in the past, but a mixture with electronic sound is more accepted than ever before (which is unlikely to change IMO).
The great plague of the 2020's will also help to bring acoustic instruments back in demand :o

Dub Folk will be making its 3rd resurgance
Amazon: why not use an alternative

EnergyXT will be on version 3

DubTurbo will go bankrupt after a bidding war with the clone of Steve Jobs hoping to revamp the failing Apple corp

People will still be arguing about the best DAW.............(which, of course, will still be the completely reasonably priced, Reaper).

GaryG wrote: Of course this is all moot as DAWs as we know them will no longer exist, only infantilised ipad apps will be available. (sarcasm I think...)
You may be right regarding the last part, but considering where the earlier DAWs still in existence today (Cubase, Logic and Digital Performer, all born around 1987/1988) still are as of today, I expect them not be that much different in 30 years from now. Of course, new(er) things always come and go, but the ones that resisted for so long are most likely to still be around.
Fernando (FMR)

The topic "64bit OS X , When?" in Lennar Digital will still be active.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Windows XP folks will finally upgrade :lol:

Bitwig finally enters v2.0
Sweet child in time...

Boy, the future ain't what it used to be. Then again neither is the past.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

lol.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”