AAS Ultra Analog VA-2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ultra Analog VA-2

RandomWave wrote:I guess that is another way of looking at it. :)
Couldn't resist. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Synphonetic Circuits audio Preset demos are now available here: :)

http://www.rwm-synth-soundbanks.com/Syn ... s-RWM.html

This looks like a nice place to write some info about my newly-released bank for UA VA-2.

Memento (only for VA-2) is focused on cool 80s sounds and is on intro price until the end of the year (9.90 euros).
Check it out and download 12 free presets!
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

And a very good bank it is too :-)

ftech wrote:And a very good bank it is too :-)
That's a very nice thing to say. Thanks.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Hello

I love the sound quality of the version 2 but I have 2 things what I don't like and I have made already a feedback on AAS

- GUI - is to small and they replied that they plan in the next time a bigger GUI but no information when

- Presets in the factory library: I mean they have made a completely new sound library but when you compared it with the version 1 sound banks, it's a lot the same presets with the same name , it's not very good

Do you know site where I can find free soundbanks of Version 1 ;) Thanks in advance

I'm looking for RandomWave. Has any seen or heard from him recently?

I purchased Synphonetic Circuits via Paypal on Tuesday. No links. Sent a PM on Thursday. Not read yet. Sent another email this weekend.

Anyone gotten anything from him recently?

I've also tried unsuccesfully to get the updated banks from Le Lotus Bleu and Xenos using multiple communication methods, but no response via any channel.

(As a side note, I do know they can be imported, but some reported that the importing process made some changes so several sound designers made sure the banks translated carefully).

I thought I'd disappeared from existence until TwoLegs Toneworks sent out the link for my purchase of their new bank. It came within a couple of hours of purchase.

Quick Update: RandomWave delivered the bank to me after being out traveling.

Let me say this: Synphonetic Circuits is easily one of the best banks I've heard for Ultra Analog VA-2. It is absolutely brilliant. Lots of wonderful pads, strings, and choir-type sounds.

Folks, you'll want to own this bank. It's amazing (and inexpensive!).

jsp1979 wrote:I'm looking for RandomWave. Has any seen or heard from him recently?

I purchased Synphonetic Circuits via Paypal on Tuesday. No links. Sent a PM on Thursday. Not read yet. Sent another email this weekend.

Anyone gotten anything from him recently?
Don't mention this here, they will shoot you. I mentioned something like this about Harm Visser 2 weeks ago, i was almost assassinated by some of the WE DON'T HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO...in the meantime...i still did not get from Visser what i purchased...so...
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

I think it has never been explained clearly in this thread how to automatically convert the patches from VA-1 format to VA-2 format. So, here is the (very easy) method for those (newbyes or not) who would be still wondering how the hell we can do it:
In the [url=http://s3.amazonaws.com/aas_manual/ultra-analog-va-2-manual.pdf]Ultra Analog VA-2 Manuel[/url], at chapter 3-8 the author wrote: 3.8 Importing Programs from Ultra Analog VA-1

Ultra Analog VA-2 includes a converter that allows one to import programs from Ultra Analog VA-1. The conversion operation first involves the creation of an Ultra Analog VA-1 .axf export file using the Export command from the File menu. This file must then be copied with the other Ultra Analog VA-2 banks in the following folder:

On Mac OS:
/Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Applied Acoustics Systems/Ultra Analog VA-2/Banks

On Windows:
%AppData%\Applied Acoustics Systems\Ultra Analog VA-2\Banks

The simplest way to access the bank folder is to use the Show Files button in the Ultra Analog VA-2 bank manager which will open a Finder or Explorer window on Mac OS X or Windows respectively at the right location.

The Ultra Analog VA-1 export file will then automatically be converted to an Ultra Analog VA-2 bank having the same name as that of the .axf export file. This new bank will appear along with the other banks in the banks manager and include converted versions of all the programs contained in the .axf export file. Note that the programs will appear in the new bank as a flat list which means that any sub-folder organization within the export file will be lost in the conversion process.

While the great majority of programs should be recuperated without noticeable differences, the conversion program is not infallible which means that some programs might need some readjustments after the conversion. This is due to the fact that the mapping of the parameters from Ultra Analog VA-1 to Ultra Analog VA-2 is not direct as a result of changes in the architecture, modules and the effect section between the two versions.
If you have not the chapter 3.8 in your help file, it's because you have not the last version of the help file (it was my case). Therefore I've placed, at the top of the quote above, a direct link to download it.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

MillerSam wrote:Hello

I love the sound quality of the version 2 but I have 2 things what I don't like and I have made already a feedback on AAS

- GUI - is to small and they replied that they plan in the next time a bigger GUI but no information when

- Presets in the factory library: I mean they have made a completely new sound library but when you compared it with the version 1 sound banks, it's a lot the same presets with the same name , it's not very good

Do you know site where I can find free soundbanks of Version 1 ;) Thanks in advance
I contacted them because of the GUI as well, and they said they were working on it. That was about a month ago...
If UA had an ergonomic interface instead of the current joke, I would really be torn between UA and Dune, probably even tending towards UA as I don't need the Wavetable stuff and certain other things in Dune, while the sound of UA seems a bit more appealing to me.

MillerSam wrote:Do you know site where I can find free soundbanks of Version 1 ;) Thanks in advance
Here is one:
http://www.lespresetsdewil.fr/presetswilplugin.html
You will find:
  • a bank for Alphakanal Automat 1 (I don't know at all this synth, if you don't know it too... I've found the website and I give here the link)
  • a bank for Arturia Minimoog V
  • a bank for Cakewalk Rapture
  • a bank for Native Instruments Absynth 5
  • a bank for Native Instruments FM8
  • a bank for Native Instruments Prism
  • a bank for Togu Audio Line TAL-Uno-62
  • a bank for Ultra-Analog VA-1
Who is "Wil"? I don't know, apart that he is french. I've stumbled on this website some months ago. Not bad. nothing to reach the seventh heaven, but it's not bad.

In a far better register you have of course those from Xenox. They are really nice ! 358 very good presets for $15! This bundle ships in FXB, AXF and VA-2 bank formats. And you can listen to a bunch of them here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etgJvOa9tY8
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

The tiny GUI of VA-2 is really limiting :help:

As far back as 2006 when SOS reviewd VA-1, they noted one of the drawbacks that it was hard to read the tiny letters on the display

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul06/a ... analog.htm

I installed the FOL skin for VA-1, makes things better, I'm still using VA-1 rather than VA-2

Numanoid wrote:The tiny GUI of VA-2 is really limiting :help:
Yay it's updated finally:
Additions
* Resized editor view;
* Added microtonal tunings via Scala scale files;
* Added parameter values entry via computer keyboard;
* Added bank and program navigation via computer keyboard arrows;
* Added retina display support for text; graphics are still low resolution (Mac only).

finally, one of my favourite VAs with an adequate GUI:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/aas-media/imag ... -panel.jpg
makes me happy :tu:

Return to “Instruments”