tcStretch

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Superb, thank you!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

- Even old presets and projects from the previous version are now loaded correctly with the envelope points at the correct places. :tu:
- The zoom limiter makes sense, before one went to a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery stretched view at the end... ;-)
- Region handles work fantastic and very precise - is the FFT-frame-limit gone or do you jump to them internally?

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

I don't know if you want to push tcStretch further, but I think the idea to make it a playable instrument would be very interesting, even if only over a limited pitch range and monophonic (basically jump to start and adjust pitch on midi-note on).

Thank you so much!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

ThomasHelzle wrote:- Even old presets and projects from the previous version are now loaded correctly with the envelope points at the correct places. :tu:
Yes, the previous versions always saved their state correctly but the restore code was buggy so the values were not restored properly. In hindsight it was a pretty obvious bug that was causing the problem, but sometimes, when looking at the code one has written, one sees what one intended to do rather than what one actually did :) and that bug was hidden in plain sight for quite a while. Glad it is sorted now.
ThomasHelzle wrote:- The zoom limiter makes sense, before one went to a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery stretched view at the end... ;-)
Yes, zooming was useless after a certain point. Limiting the zoom keeps everything in a more usable range.
ThomasHelzle wrote:- Region handles work fantastic and very precise - is the FFT-frame-limit gone or do you jump to them internally?
The FFT-frame-limit is still there - the code just picks the nearest frame internally when the region marker is between frame boundaries.
ThomasHelzle wrote:I don't know if you want to push tcStretch further, but I think the idea to make it a playable instrument would be very interesting, even if only over a limited pitch range and monophonic (basically jump to start and adjust pitch on midi-note on).
A good idea. I have had several requests for making tcStrecth 'playable' so to speak ... I'll keep it on the good idea list for consideration in future updates.

:tu:

I tried to modulate key to the pitch knob in Ableton but i couldn't do it. If it had worked i could CV it but not Gate. It would be enough! I think it's possible in Bitwig to route it like that.

I support ThomasHelzle feature request! :D
:hug:

tcStretch does not show up in S1 v3 (I am using x64 version).. it works on the same machine on Reaper though. What an amazing plugin...Thank you so much!

Edit: Wrong Alert... it works in S1! Any change of drag and drop support for the sample loader?

filter303 wrote:tcStretch does not show up in S1 v3 (I am using x64 version).. it works on the same machine on Reaper though. What an amazing plugin...Thank you so much!

Edit: Wrong Alert... it works in S1! Any change of drag and drop support for the sample loader?
Sorry for the late reply, I must have missed this before ...

Drag and drop works in some hosts but not in others. I know it works in Reaper but I do not know if it works in S1 or not. Best way to find out is to drag a Wav or Aiff file from your host platform (PC) and drop it on the plugin GUI. Let me know how it goes ...

This is a brilliant plugin, many thanks ToneCarver! Works great in Ableton Live Intro on my very old XP SP3 system :)

Good stretcher, but seems does not save play marker position in project (daw S1 v2 64bit), always reset to start. Or there is any solution for this ? Because not quite usable for extremely slow playback modes. I.e. very difficult to find again necessary playback point after re-open project.
Also there is CPU eating during playback, about 30%.
Ofcourse i understand its free, but, just in case. Would be great to fix at least first issue.

The latest version doesn't unzip - says the file is incomplete or something.

On a sidenote I am really enjoying 'Boids'... some crazy interesting sounds in there!

c_voltage wrote:Good stretcher, but seems does not save play marker position in project (daw S1 v2 64bit), always reset to start. Or there is any solution for this ? Because not quite usable for extremely slow playback modes. I.e. very difficult to find again necessary playback point after re-open project.
Also there is CPU eating during playback, about 30%.
Ofcourse i understand its free, but, just in case. Would be great to fix at least first issue.
I had not considered saving the playback position with the plugin state, though it makes perfect sense now that you mention it. I have not been in the coding mood lately, so I don't know if I'll ever get back in there to make changes, but I'll keep this in mind should the motivation strike.

CPU of 30% during playback seems quite high. There are some FFT operations going on in there under the hood but nothing more that a typical FFT-based EQ would do. Not sure what would be causing that kind of CPU usage for you.

MogwaiBoy wrote:The latest version doesn't unzip - says the file is incomplete or something.

On a sidenote I am really enjoying 'Boids'... some crazy interesting sounds in there!
I just downloaded the latest version and it unzipped fine for me. Maybe try re-downloading?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zv1xr45zqyfox ... e.zip?dl=0

Thanks for the props on Boids. That's a weird one for sure but it was fun to build and experiment with.

ToneCarver wrote:
c_voltage wrote: I had not considered saving the playback position with the plugin state, though it makes perfect sense now that you mention it. I have not been in the coding mood lately, so I don't know if I'll ever get back in there to make changes, but I'll keep this in mind should the motivation strike.
Ok, thank you.
What about cpu - ok i think this is minor problem (via compare with first), then leave it yet.

Hi,
Love this plugin, but I cant for the life of me work out how to record/render output in cubase 7.
Please help me.

Please, before I resort to just buying ableton
Daniel

danjw wrote:Hi,
Love this plugin, but I cant for the life of me work out how to record/render output in cubase 7.
Please help me.

Please, before I resort to just buying ableton
Daniel
I'm not going to be of much (any) help really because I do not know my way around Cubase at all. Maybe ask on the Cubase forums? Or someone here may know the solution.

In Reaper, I insert tcStretch on a track, then arm the track for recording and specify to record the audio output of the track rather than the audio or midi input. This would be similar to inserting a synth and recording it's output while playing live.

Any Cubase experts want to chime in here?

As an option, you could consider using a Recorder plugin, inserted downstream of tcStretch, that records its input to a Wav file. Voxengo has a good one (32-bit though) and I'm sure there are others but do not recall any off the top of my head just now.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”