Reminder: Don't forget to download the last installers, sample libraries of Camel Audio (07/07/2015)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm a bit confused ...

Should I download the version 1.5 ( installer + sample content) in the *product download* area, or should I use the 'windows installer' provided in another area of the site then *install this installer* and choose *download only* option ?
Whats the difference between the two options ?
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

you should download everything you can, and post queries after.

as for the 'installer' thing you mention, if i understand you correctly, you are referring to the app that automates/expediates that installation procedure...by checking what you have installed, and only downloading/installing what's needed ? I assume that's what it did from the description given in the account - but I never used it. Assuming I'm right about it's function, I wouldn't assume it will still work after the 7th.

I always elected to go with the 'manual' installation process...downloading all individual components and installing them 'as usual'.

nevertheless, download everything is my advice.

I agree with Daags. Download all including both OS, and manually. See above posts.
Also take time to read and download all FAQs regarding downloads!
The Product installer is for Alchemy, and it loads previously downloaded files.
CA alerted us that the other Installer that automatically downloads libraries from the CA website is (surprise) not downloading the ones that include free mobiles, so you will need be manually download missing libs now by clicking the {+}.
FYI, to ensure my downloads were complete, I made separate folders for:
All Presets / Factory / Installers / Alchemy (Win-Mac) / Mobile/ Samples / Third Party / Player etc
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Hmmm Dled everything I could, but could not find any info about my Alchemy in the *my orders* page. Not anywhere else on the site tbh. I got an NFR from Camel Audio as I made a lot of presets for Alchemy factory library. Does Alchemy still require an *akey* file or something like that to work after beeing installed or did they changed their system ?

Seems I'm a bit trapped atm :shrug:

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

as of 1.5 or something around there, the key file is embedded in alchemy itself - shouldn't require a separate file as far as i know. sound libraries same thing - your user info is embedded directly into the sound library, no separate key required.

chroma wrote:as of 1.5 or something around there, the key file is embedded in alchemy itself - shouldn't require a separate file as far as i know. sound libraries same thing - your user info is embedded directly into the sound library, no separate key required.
Thanks Chroma. :hug:

Then I might be good after all :)

chroma wrote:as of 1.5 or something around there, the key file is embedded in alchemy itself - shouldn't require a separate file as far as i know. sound libraries same thing - your user info is embedded directly into the sound library, no separate key required.
You still need a key file to open any older projects though, that were created with an earlier version of Alchemy.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:
You still need a key file to open any older projects though, that were created with an earlier version of Alchemy.
Why should he need that? AFAIK, the newest version is still recognized by old projects, and the patches sound the same.
Fernando (FMR)

Downloaded all my Camel stuff. Thanx for the reminder.

Gonna copy it to 3 different hdds (2 external) and burn 2 sets of dvds, just to feel safe.

For some reason, Taste of Camel, Water, and Planet Earth refused to download through the dedicated download tool.

I was able to manually download the .CamelSound files and extract with 7zip, update the content.csv file with the new additions and then reload with the presets file through the download tool. Then those finally loaded and show in the Alchemy Player... still weird I had to go through that rigamarole for those specific libraries.

I also, in the process of ensuring everything downloaded and would install properly, actually played with the Alchemy Player.. quite a few nice sounds in there that I never really listened too until now. Need to use this synth more I think... it has a liveliness that isn't incredibly bread and butter useful.. but could really open up some projects with some dynamism.

Nielzie wrote:Thanks for the reminder. Just downloaded my CamelPhat/Space plugins and uploaded to Drive/OneDrive :phew:

Good riddance to my NFR Alchemy soundsets.
Good idea. I had downloaded it and saved it to several drives, but none offsite.

I'm now uploading to one drive and Baidu Disk pan.baidu.com. Baidu disk is giving away 2tb for free right now. I figure it's best to have it on more than one cloud service just in case one goes down. It's also going to go in the hard drive that I keep stored in the boot of the car.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

e@rs wrote:Downloaded all my Camel stuff. Thanx for the reminder.

Gonna copy it to 3 different hdds (2 external) and burn 2 sets of dvds, just to feel safe.
The installers are the most important for me.

Sent the Alchemy and CamelSpace installers to myself in G-mail, still I got 10GB left of my space there

up to this point i had pretty much resolved to forget about alchemy mobile, as i really believe that it won't make it past ios9. however, i have now panic-downloaded in the last minute only to find that some of my libraries didn't install.

i know the libraries that are paired with full libraries have to be installed manually, but i am down at least 'dream voices', which i bought from within the app (never had the full library). it's just not restoring :cry:

oh well, that'll teach me :D

Michael L wrote:I agree with Daags. Download all including both OS, and manually. See above posts.
Also take time to read and download all FAQs regarding downloads!
The Product installer is for Alchemy, and it loads previously downloaded files.
CA alerted us that the other Installer that automatically downloads libraries from the CA website is (surprise) not downloading the ones that include free mobiles, so you will need be manually download missing libs now by clicking the {+}.
FYI, to ensure my downloads were complete, I made separate folders for:
All Presets / Factory / Installers / Alchemy (Win-Mac) / Mobile/ Samples / Third Party / Player etc
good call on grabbing the software on both platforms, just in case :tu:

Return to “Instruments”