Zynaptiq Morph

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Morph

Excellent! Made me smile :D

Morph is an easier to use vocoder than any dedicated vocoder I ever used/demoed.

lnikj wrote:Excellent! Made me smile :D

Morph is an easier to use vocoder than any dedicated vocoder I ever used/demoed.
I agree, mangling vocal sounds with it always works well.

Sampleconstruct wrote:This little experiment I made during an audio workshop I held some days ago, processing a young boys voice - who improvised a little story live on disk while I was mangling his voice with a granulator - with Morph 2, the modulated sound is a bass flute pad, I improvised the chord progressions on the fly.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/a ... nd-seminar
And today I will be showing you
my green chipmunk for show and tell
He likes pumpkin pie and his name is Arnold
Here you can pass him around
Oh no He bit you Sorry

Love it. :-D

I think I'lll be picking this up very soon. I actually stayed away from this (reading reviews/watching demo videos, etc...) since I was worried about GAS. The original was on my wishlist, but version 2 is just lovely.

Has morph been updated in any noticeable way since its release? I don't ever get any emails from zynaptiq so I thought I'd axe around here.

Edit: then I remembered I could go check their website. Anybody know if there is anything on its way update wise? I'd still love vst3 side chaining and maybe a couple of alternate "weird" algorithms.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'd love a version with four different input sources, and a morph direction switch on each axis.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

elxsound wrote:I think I'lll be picking this up very soon. I actually stayed away from this (reading reviews/watching demo videos, etc...) since I was worried about GAS. The original was on my wishlist, but version 2 is just lovely.
Hmmm... I may just eat my words here.

I've been comparing Morph to Live's vocoder using dialogue and various sources as the carrier sounds (motors, animals, other dialogue) and from my tests, I like Live's vocoder better for about 80% of the time, and just Morph the other 20%. Hard to justify a purchase when there so little (IMO) to gain from using it.

Oh well. I have the 30 day trial, so I'll keep messing with it, but I'm underwhelmed. Maybe if they had four different input sources (like Deastman's request) I'd be more interested in using it.

elxsound wrote:
elxsound wrote:I think I'lll be picking this up very soon. I actually stayed away from this (reading reviews/watching demo videos, etc...) since I was worried about GAS. The original was on my wishlist, but version 2 is just lovely.
Hmmm... I may just eat my words here.

I've been comparing Morph to Live's vocoder using dialogue and various sources as the carrier sounds (motors, animals, other dialogue) and from my tests, I like Live's vocoder better for about 80% of the time, and just Morph the other 20%. Hard to justify a purchase when there so little (IMO) to gain from using it.

Oh well. I have the 30 day trial, so I'll keep messing with it, but I'm underwhelmed. Maybe if they had four different input sources (like Deastman's request) I'd be more interested in using it.
You can set up morphing with as many sources as you want with some creative routing and a versatile controller. If you just need to impart vocal character onto random other sounds though you probably would be fine with a vocoder. This thing has other capabilities which are pretty difficult to achieve by other means though. I've been having fun morphing between complex delay and modulation chains and giant reverb on auxiliary channels. The strange in between sounds are pretty funky and then the formant shifting allows for another dimension of movement. Feeding the same midi to zebra with a simple sine wave lead sound and then a deeply sampled instrument like the embertone violin and morphing between them gives really neat organic hybrid sounds.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

zynaptiq wrote:Additional algorithms would be added simply as another entry in the algorithm selector.
Toc toc! Just checkin' and see if there's anything new concerning this point, coming soon maybe? :D

This has to be one of the actually most useful creative tools in a while. It's like fairy dust you can sprinkle on lifeless sounds to make them stand out, and make good ones turn into great ones. I still didn't buy it though because of the price, but I really want to!

Yes I have Alchemy and it's one of the few VSTs I use on almost everything, but it's not really the same thing. With Morph you can have, say, a bassline that is a bit too muffled in the background, which you can just magically lift by playing the same part with some harmonically rich instrument and mixing them just slightly.

You just can't run Alchemy on whole recordings like this...

Here is a fresh morph for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouQr55WWNA

That's it Simon. You've re-inspired me to dust this one off.

Directed at Zynaptiq-
The video does emphasize one stumbling block that I think should have LONG SINCE been addressed here and especially in Pitchmap- allow me to turn off the help text that literally spans the entire width of my 27" monitor in pitchmap. Seriously? These plugins are pricey. Let's get that annoyance off the screen for goodness sake. Likewise, implementing VST3 is much more involved, but I would love to see it happen for Morph 2 in the foreseeable future.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

I agree, please remove the help popups, I don't need help.

Return to “Effects”