Reminder: Don't forget to download the last installers, sample libraries of Camel Audio (07/07/2015)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to give you a little reminder to download all the last installers, sample libraries and other products of Camel Audio before the will closing completely

After 07/07/2015 it's over
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Yes. Also important to download the FAQs on backing up and reinstalling. The installer may not download all of your libraries, so some must be manually downloaded. Click the [+] next to the library name. Any mobile libraries that came free with your desktop version can also be downloaded for backup. See separate mobile FAQs for detailed info on transferring those libraries (not via iTunes).
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

don't forget the manuals and tutorials ;) though they would probably be easier than the installers etc to source after the 7th anyway.
but still...download them :)

I was wondering... I bought Alchemy for PC and had one library with it- dance or something like that. I keep hearing about the mobile (iOS) version of it- where would I get the mobile version? Thanks.

It's worth noting too that the "online" installer would still be useful to have even after they go dark. It can still be used to install all of your CA goodies.

Astralv wrote:I was wondering... I bought Alchemy for PC and had one library with it- dance or something like that. I keep hearing about the mobile (iOS) version of it- where would I get the mobile version? Thanks.
I'm afraid you can't if you hadn't before. Downloaded the mobile version of Alchemy, that is. But if you did, you can still download the mobile versions of your libraries.

DP
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Have downloaded and backed up all including manuals and FAQ. Hope I never have to utilize them though---have always found installation of Alchemy stuff a PIA.

Since i sold my Alchemy and had a few NFR libraries left i had to dl the player versions of them. Lucky i saw that today.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Where was the mobile version- in the app store?

the app is no longer available on app store
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Thanks for the reminder. I had downloaded everything some time in the spring right after they went dark. I saw your reminder and decided to check again. I hadn't downloaded the alchemy mobile sound banks for the mobile ones I had purchased.

I now have everything backed up in three places. This is mostly for backwards compatibility with my old projects.

A bit off topic. Even though I have everything backed up, I find that I'm not using Alchemy in any new projects. It's definitely something mental. I know that with the installers, I should be able to use Alchemy for a while. I guess I just want to wait and see what happens with it first. I don't want to be stuck with a project where Alchemy isn't working. The product is also a bit tainted in my mind. I've invested a lot of money into Alchemy, and now it's just abandoned. I probably should have sold it when I could have, as I'll likely never use it again. Maybe I'll get over it, and find myself using this once beautiful synth again.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

Thanks for the reminder. Just downloaded my CamelPhat/Space plugins and uploaded to Drive/OneDrive :phew:

Good riddance to my NFR Alchemy soundsets.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Urgh. I have all my mobile banks backed up but not Alchemy mobile itself. :(
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

SuperFly76 wrote: A bit off topic. Even though I have everything backed up, I find that I'm not using Alchemy in any new projects. It's definitely something mental. I know that with the installers, I should be able to use Alchemy for a while. I guess I just want to wait and see what happens with it first. I don't want to be stuck with a project where Alchemy isn't working. The product is also a bit tainted in my mind. I've invested a lot of money into Alchemy, and now it's just abandoned. I probably should have sold it when I could have, as I'll likely never use it again. Maybe I'll get over it, and find myself using this once beautiful synth again.
I've made more music using Alchemy than any other plugin, apart from Reaktor, I'm hoping I can continue to use it for many years (just as I still use Kore with everything). Don't let the fact that it's no longer sold stop you, in most cases it's not difficult to keep a plugin alive if you are really invested in it, even if ultimately that means a dedicated machine. Recently I decided to do a stock take of the entire library of Camel and third party presets, now I have every single one rated and in some cases also edited further to suit my needs, with additional tagging. It was well worth it as it reminded me again of just how breathtaking some of the sound design was for Alchemy, it really encouraged sound designers to up their game. I think I only have 5 or so plugins where the sound design is consistently of such a high standard and Alchemy is one of them.

Return to “Instruments”