IK iRig Pads Bonus Beats Promotion: SampleTank 3 SE and 6 free libraries issue and review.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, guys

I just wanted to share bad experience with the "6 free sound libraries". I can not make them work. Not able to load instrument. Likely it can not load the sample. I had Sample Tank 3 installed on G drive as well as the factory and expansions libraries. It has no issue to load factory instruments, but fails when loading any expansion from Electronica or Beats collections. I contacted the tech support and they told me to "simply reinstall everything to C Drive". I was very frustrated. I have no space on C drive. But I reinstalled Sample Tank 3 to C drive and re-downloaded the libraries and installed them on each drive on my computer- the same result- not able to load.

The only other thing I can think of is that the libraries designed for the Sample Tank 3 SE, and not for Sample Tank 3 full version? I thought that it should not matter and that Sample Tank 3 will open all instruments for Sample Tank 3 SE. So far the tech support guy did not say anything about me referring to the ST3, but may be he did not pick it up?

Is anybody having this same problem? Did anybody open any expansion libraries with the Sample Tank 3 full version? Any thoughts of what else I can do other than reinstalling it on every drive in computer? Trying to figure out what can be different between factory samples and expansion. All of them are stored as .pak files, I did unzip everything before installing. What am I missing? Thank you.
Last edited by Astralv on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

First, before I ask questions or make a suggestions please send me your ticket number. Your issue has been escalated but in case our Support Manager can't find your ticket it would be good to have.

I'm sorry to hear you are having this trouble. The libraries are definitely designed to work with the full SampleTank 3 too. That should not be a factor in this, so you can rest assured that's not part of it.

I don't know if they covered this with you already so bear with me if I'm asking again, but it is best to always make sure things are covered and not assumed): Have you made sure to install the latest version of SampleTank 3 itself (likely since you state you reinstalled SampleTank 3 and seems like you re-downloaded everything to do so)? Also, since I don't see it referenced above, did you install the sounds updater? The former is more likely than the latter to have impact (since the sounds updater updates the factory library), so make sure you have 3.5.3 installed (which again, it appears you probably do but worth checking).

So, yet another IK Multimedia offer that doen'st live up to the big print.

I wonder if that €25 gear credit can be used on a product, or if users at checkout get stiffed with jampoint rules.

Numanoid wrote:So, yet another IK Multimedia offer that doen'st live up to the big print.

I wonder if that €25 gear credit can be used on a product, or if users at checkout get stiffed with jampoint rules.
One user has a technical issue with the libraries, I'd hardly call it an "offer that doesn't live up to the big print."

The libraries do work (unfortunately OP is having issues which have been escalated and I've opened a courteous dialogue with OP here), the promotion works (or OP wouldn't have been able to choose and download them), and 25 Gear Credits can be used for whatever Gear Credits can be used for in Custom Shop- I'll relay that this wasn't completely obvious to you so it can be better explained in the clearest possible way going forward.

If I can help you with whatever may have prompted such a sideswipe, I'd be more than happy to see what I can do to help ease your frustration with IK if I can. We're having a festive holiday here in the US, so hopefully I can do my best to pull OP out of the somber situation and help pull you out of a somber mood toward IK to the best of my abilities.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
If I can help you with whatever may have prompted such a sideswipe
Sounds like a mission impossible, but good luck with that :lol:
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Nice start to the thread...not even into the second post and it went downhill, lol!!!
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Cheers Peter, always appreciate your calm and helpful stance when confronted with sideswipes :)

Just a wild guess but did the OP update her Instrument Database using the Circular Arrow on ST3's GUI ? :)

(EDIT: Sorry didn't realize it was you Vlada)
Last edited by Teksonik on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Peter, I believe- we had a chance to talk on KVR before. I have a great news: it works!!!! Thank you for pointing out the simple solution. I installed the update 3.5.3, updated the library and it fixed it. (I did not listen the libraries yet, but the samples are now loading). Here is the thing: the tech support person was patient and recommended to reinstall everything to C drive and told me- it can not work on other drives. I told him- I dont believe it. Then he said- he thought I am talking about the external drives, and that if the drives are internal, it may work, but that I can not have the ST3 and libraries installed in the same directory. I was not happy about it, but I disturbed perfectly functional software, uninstalled it from the G drive and reinstalled it to C drive (where I have no space left now), which did not resolve anything (it did not surprise me). What he never mentioned was that there is an update that was released on July 2nd. Our conversation took place on July 2nd, and I would hope- he would be the first to hear about it and let me know, but I only heard about it from you, and I am glad- I posted on KVR. If I didn't- I could make a lot more damage by trying to fix this. I am glad I did not have to wait till Monday, because by Monday I could take my entire computer apart, trying to figure out why it is not loading. I was so disappointed that I went on and bought Vengeance Phalanx sampler! Tonight I was planning to be installing it. So I am not sure if this problem was good or bad for me- I got excuse to buy more synths out of it, so thank you.

Also about the 25 points that were given to all of us, ST3 users. Interesting thing is- I never got the points on my account. I saw the pop up about the points, but it never made to my account- I wanted to use it for another library, and now that it works, I would like to have my promised points.

I listened the first library, Trance. Um.... What is it? I am sorry- I am still blown by it, can't find the words. So the Trance library consists of 4 instruments, and no playable sounds? All sounds in 4 instruments are assigned to individual key and can play only on that one key as a "one shot"? And it remains playing in a loop till the key (or pad) is pressed again. What in a world kind of technique is this? Can it just play when I press the key and then stop? And the quality of sounds... It says, "trance". How is it anything close to any trance? It has dirty kick samples, that play in straight 4 quotes loops and HH and Crashes variations. And then it has strange noises that trying to imitate the keyboard instruments, recorded all in one key, playing circles, "wew, wew, wew, wew..." How old do you think are we?! Actually- let me take this back. My 10 years old got bored in 5 minutes. I should take my time and record this ridiculous cacophony and post it. I was pretty impressed with the iRig Pads because they are very programmable and can transmit MIDI to any of the 16 channels from any pad. But the libraries... I am afraid to hear the "Hardcore" library, because if Trance library sounds like distorted dirty garage house, "hardcore" must sound like distorted bass saxophone stock in a loop. I am off to explore.

Oh, my... listening the Hardcore. I got to make a demo. It will be a torture, but I owe it to the community. So this thing... apparently, it syncs to the host tempo, but it can not hold the pitch, so when it says, 170 bpm, you actually have to use it at 170 bpm, or it drops the pitch and makes nasty sounds. Not that at 170 it sounds any better. Not wondering there are so many bad EDM songs. And don't even think of accidentally putting your headphones on a keyboard... Off to retire...

Astralv, They are the Elektronika series aren't they, did you get any of the Beats series, if so, what are they like.

I did not get to the Beats series. I have two, will check them later today.

Return to “Instruments”