AudioThing releases Fog Convolver - v1.5.1 - True Stereo!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fog Convolver

ya, my thought was to the left of the search field

Or what about on the right of the preset name,inside the preset bar. When inactive it could appear as an unlocked lock shown as greyed out and when active, it could be shown as a lock in a a solid or bright color... Or obviously something that's in line with the UI theme.

elxsound wrote:Or what about on the right of the preset name,inside the preset bar. When inactive it could appear as an unlocked lock shown as greyed out and when active, it could be shown as a lock in a a solid or bright color... Or obviously something that's in line with the UI theme.
Yup, that's a good idea/place. Added to the list for the next update.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Something like that:
When the lock is on you can just scroll the IRs in the presets without changing the parameters.
I'm working on other features as well, so there will be an update soon.

After using the demo for a few days, I think the only real big change I'd like to see is perhaps a four-band EQ, hidden away within a separate screen or something via a tab. I know it might be difficult to implement within the near perfect GUI. Not totally necessary since we can use an external EQ plugin, but it would be nice.

Also, if you could just make that GUI just a few pixels shorter, the the entire GUI could appear on a 1366x768 laptop screen without having to collapse the taskbar or detach the GUI within our host application. You could just make the preset window like 36 pixels shorter and that would fix that.

Other than that, I really dig its simple design :tu:

The four-band EQ could be a nice addition for a Pro version.
I was thinking of having a button/option to show/hide the preset browser. Making it smaller will probably make it useless anyway.

I have most of AudioThing's Kontakt instruments (possibly all unless more have been added since I purchased a bundle a while back).

I think this plugin is straightforward and fun to use. I have experimented a bit with Reverence, the Max for Live convolution reverb plugin, and Reverberate CM, but this is the first convolution reverb that I have purchased separately. The prices is good and the interface is easy-to-read and not overwhelming. Having taught convolution to EE students back when I was a TA in grad school, I pretty much decided to buy this when I saw the name :D but I demoed it first just to make sure.

I grabbed some of the IR's linked on Ableton's site just to test. I could fall down the rabbit hole of making IR's with my modular synth all day.

Nice job. :party:
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:I have most of AudioThing's Kontakt instruments (possibly all unless more have been added since I purchased a bundle a while back).

I think this plugin is straightforward and fun to use. I have experimented a bit with Reverence, the Max for Live convolution reverb plugin, and Reverberate CM, but this is the first convolution reverb that I have purchased separately. The prices is good and the interface is easy-to-read and not overwhelming. Having taught convolution to EE students back when I was a TA in grad school, I pretty much decided to buy this when I saw the name :D but I demoed it first just to make sure.

I grabbed some of the IR's linked on Ableton's site just to test. I could fall down the rabbit hole of making IR's with my modular synth all day.

Thank you very much for your feedback.
I actually had to force myself to not make too many IRs with my modular synth, it can really get addicting.

Since I can't demo this aspect can you tell me if it's possible to import a bank of IR's based on a particular preset as a 'template' rather than just importing them without any additional finessing?

audiothing wrote:
Gribs wrote:I have most of AudioThing's Kontakt instruments (possibly all unless more have been added since I purchased a bundle a while back).

Thank you very much for your feedback.
I actually had to force myself to not make too many IRs with my modular synth, it can really get addicting.
If not obvious, (so don't pay attention) i strongly recommend the use of metasynth, most effective configuration i know on that purpose...

ok bought it - this is great, although I have Reverberate I'm finding this easier to use by far. One thing; if it's possible to add ratings without resaving the preset why can't I also do that for tags and author name/category etc? Would make things much quicker.

aMUSEd wrote:Since I can't demo this aspect can you tell me if it's possible to import a bank of IR's based on a particular preset as a 'template' rather than just importing them without any additional finessing?
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. No, for now each imported bank will have the default settings. I'll try to improve the import feature in the next update (or so) to have some kind of template also for tags and author fields.
aMUSEd wrote:ok bought it - this is great, although I have Reverberate I'm finding this easier to use by far. One thing; if it's possible to add ratings without resaving the preset why can't I also do that for tags and author name/category etc? Would make things much quicker.
Thanks! I was already considering this. There are a few problems "code-wise" I need to solve but it's definitely something I want to add.

Krakatau wrote:If not obvious, (so don't pay attention) i strongly recommend the use of metasynth, most effective configuration i know on that purpose...
MetaSynth is fantastic indeed, but I had so much fun making some of the IRs in the factory bank with my eurorack modular. I can literally spend hours with it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs42VADUyIk

audiothing wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Since I can't demo this aspect can you tell me if it's possible to import a bank of IR's based on a particular preset as a 'template' rather than just importing them without any additional finessing?
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. No, for now each imported bank will have the default settings. I'll try to improve the import feature in the next update (or so) to have some kind of template also for tags and author fields.
aMUSEd wrote:ok bought it - this is great, although I have Reverberate I'm finding this easier to use by far. One thing; if it's possible to add ratings without resaving the preset why can't I also do that for tags and author name/category etc? Would make things much quicker.
Thanks! I was already considering this. There are a few problems "code-wise" I need to solve but it's definitely something I want to add.
Cool - also can we have the ability to clear all ratings, and/or at least to multi select patches and apply ratings to them? Unfortunately the factory presets seem to come with ratings already, I would have preferred to select my own, so a quick way to remove those would be useful rather than having to go through every single one.

aMUSEd wrote:Cool - also can we have the ability to clear all ratings, and/or at least to multi select patches and apply ratings to them? Unfortunately the factory presets seem to come with ratings already, I would have preferred to select my own, so a quick way to remove those would be useful rather than having to go through every single one.
I'll add the clear all ratings for sure.

Return to “Effects”