tcStretch

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

really still enjoying it and hope you improve it a lot more with the features i wrote ;).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:really still enjoying it and hope you improve it a lot more with the features i wrote ;).
Drag and Drop works in many DAWs, but not in FL or Cantabile, and I don't know why. Fixing that could take a considerable investment of time and effort to understand why it is not working in those DAWs and then building up solutions for them, so that is not likely to happen anytime soon (ever?).

Midi Learn capability is in the works for the next release. Don't know when that will be though. The framework is mostly done, I just have to find the time/motivation to finish it up.

This is great. Many thanks.
No longer a moderator.

I was trying to fit tc stretch in a project yesterday and it turned out that, it doesn't read settings. When I load a saved project or fxp file, it resets everything to zero in both Sonar and Mulab. Weird, I though I had previous versions working alright, but I'm not sure and I deleted those files. Anyone else noticed such behavior?

This looks interesting. Downloading it now. Thanks.

Zombie Queen wrote:I was trying to fit tc stretch in a project yesterday and it turned out that, it doesn't read settings. When I load a saved project or fxp file, it resets everything to zero in both Sonar and Mulab. Weird, I though I had previous versions working alright, but I'm not sure and I deleted those files. Anyone else noticed such behavior?
Despite my efforts to avoid it, there were some changes to the later versions of tcStretch that made the saved settings incompatible with previous versions. If you saved a project with an earlier version of tcStretch and then updated to a more recent version then the saved project may not restore the saved settings correctly.

What version of tcStretch are you running?

Are you seeing all the controls at a default setting after restore or are some restored correctly and others not?

If you create a new project, insert tcStretch, change a few controls, save the project, then reload the saved project are the settings restored correctly?

I have the problem with new projects, I haven't put it in a project before, was just playing around, exploring possibilites. It's the latest 5c, it looks like nothing is saved, waveform is gone, all controls look like at startup, except volume knob which is set to zero. Also it doesn't load presets, which would be a workaround, in this case it doesn't reset settings, just does not load anything, so e.g. loading fxp file has no effect at all.

Zombie Queen wrote:I have the problem with new projects, I haven't put it in a project before, was just playing around, exploring possibilites. It's the latest 5c, it looks like nothing is saved, waveform is gone, all controls look like at startup, except volume knob which is set to zero. Also it doesn't load presets, which would be a workaround, in this case it doesn't reset settings, just does not load anything, so e.g. loading fxp file has no effect at all.
Augh .. sorry for not replying sooner. I made a mental note to answer this then it totally and completely slipped my mind.

As it happens, I was coming here to announce an update to tcStretch that fixes some inconsistencies with parameter save/restore. These fixes may address some of the behaviors you are seeing on plugin insert. Though the volume knob at 0 is a bit of a head-scratcher.

The new version, 0.5d, has improved support for preset loading/saving via the DAW. Not complete support yet, but much better than the previous versions. I don't personally use the preset save/load features of my DAW so that sort of functionality was not even in my sphere of consideration for plugin design and behavior verification. The 0.5d update provides a basic level of support to load and save presets as a starting point towards a more complete implementation.

The new version, 0.5d, is here: https://tonecarver.wordpress.com/tcstretch/

Have fun :) and please let me know how this update works for you (and which DAWs you are using).

Great, thank you !

Thanks ! :tu:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Yeah, saved presets in Bitwig came up empty before and also Project saving was not reliable.
This now seems to work, but I still get the bug with the envelope.
This is before I save the preset or project (same problem in both cases):
And this is when I re-open preset or project:
Somehow all keyframes move one position to the left, the first being at the start/zero position and the last one missing from it's previous position.

- When I'm zoomed into the waveform a lot, setting the blue region-select triangles with the mouse becomes quite erratic, exact positioning is impossible. The envelope inside the waveform on the other hand can be moved as expected with the needed precision. Could the triangles behave the same?

- With higher zoom levels, navigation in the waveform becomes quite complicated. Would it be possible to directly click and drag (with a modifier key maybe?) inside the waveform to move it around, with the speed independent of zoom level?

Thanks a ton!!! :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Yeah, saved presets in Bitwig came up empty before and also Project saving was not reliable.
This now seems to work, but I still get the bug with the envelope.
This is before I save the preset or project (same problem in both cases):
And this is when I re-open preset or project:
Somehow all keyframes move one position to the left, the first being at the start/zero position and the last one missing from it's previous position.
Thanks for the screenshots. That's definitely a bug.
ThomasHelzle wrote:- When I'm zoomed into the waveform a lot, setting the blue region-select triangles with the mouse becomes quite erratic, exact positioning is impossible. The envelope inside the waveform on the other hand can be moved as expected with the needed precision. Could the triangles behave the same?
This requires a two-part answer:

Part 1: In the current implementation the range selectors have limited precision. During analysis, the waveform is decomposed into a series of FFT frames. The range selectors "snap" to the nearest FFT frame so that playback always starts at a frame boundary which represents a fixed offset into the waveform. (You can see span of the frame boundaries as a stair-step shape in the the Contour display when zoomed in far enough). When zoomed out, the frame boundaries are at the sub-pixel level so the controls feel smooth. When zoomed in, the frame span covers many pixels so the control handles jump to the nearest boundary.

Part 2: The mouse pointer is not snapping to the same position as the control handle but it should, this is a bug.
ThomasHelzle wrote:- With higher zoom levels, navigation in the waveform becomes quite complicated. Would it be possible to directly click and drag (with a modifier key maybe?) inside the waveform to move it around, with the speed independent of zoom level?
I agree, working zoomed in is difficult and fiddly. The zoom and scroll controls (south-east of the waveform) provide some measure of relief but things could be improved.

What a lot of fun this was :D

Well done!
:hug:

Thanks for the reply ToneCarver.

As for the limited resolution of the FFT frames: If that is how it has to be, okay, I guess I should use shorter samples in that case instead of taking out bits of long ones to have more "relative resolution".
But still I guess the problem I meant was your second comment, that the mouse moves slower than the range borders and therefore they are fiddly to get right.

As for working zoomed in: the zoom controls are fine, although they are hard to control at higher zoom levels, but I think it would solve most of what I found complicated to work with when I would be able to move the waveform left and right directly when zoomed in, so it's easier to precisely navigate to a certain part.

Thanks a lot for tcStretch and the fixes!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

New version, 0.5e, is available:
- bugfix for smoother region handles
- bugfix for restoring plugin state from preset saved via DAW
- bugfix for restoring plugin state from saved project
- zoom limiter that stops zooming in when a single analysis frame is displayed 32-pixels wide

This update should bring much better behavior for restores from project saves and preset loads and smoother operation of the region handles.

No support yet for scrolling the waveform by dragging in the waveform display - useful feature though, maybe soon.

Update is here: https://tonecarver.wordpress.com/tcstretch/

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”