Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gribs wrote:I took a look at some of the sales at http://www.bestservice.de that were posted and noticed that RP Predator is for sale for a pretty low price compared to sales I have seen in U.S.. When I asked for price in U.S. dollars I got $82.76. Do you think this is a mistake? It seems like a stupidly low price for Predator. The synth is not exactly eating a hole in my pocket, but at that price...
should be fine - the "original" price is EUR 89, which is around 83 in USD.

edit: many big retailers (not only) from germany actually lower the msrp prices permanently, which often also counts for the official sales prices during a promotion

Hmm... I thought that at first might be the case, too, but I am getting 1 Euro = 1.11 dollars from a couple of web sites now. I also thought that perhaps there would be an announcement regarding Predator 2.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:
stixman wrote:Underscore at this price is a fantastic buy! Do not underestimate how good it is!
Tell us more. What do you like about it? How are the included samples quality-wise? What sort of usable sounds do you get with effects turned off? I am curious. I try to stay within a budget for music-related stuff.

Not sure, but I just jumped on it to load into my shiny new kontakt 5 installation. I'll test it out and see how it goes! Looks like the file comes out to 541mb, so downloading this is pretty fast so far!
:borg:

Gribs wrote:Hmm... I thought that at first might be the case, too, but I am getting 1 Euro = 1.11 dollars from a couple of web sites now. I also thought that perhaps there would be an announcement regarding Predator 2.
Sim.Sky wrote: should be fine - the "original" price is EUR 89, which is around 83 in USD.
ah, my bad - would be the other way round of course, sorry :oops: anyway, could be the vat that's excluded if you're based outside the european union? if so this would result in a 19 % lower price, if i'm not mistaken again :ud:

Sim.Sky wrote:
Gribs wrote:Hmm... I thought that at first might be the case, too, but I am getting 1 Euro = 1.11 dollars from a couple of web sites now. I also thought that perhaps there would be an announcement regarding Predator 2.
Sim.Sky wrote: should be fine - the "original" price is EUR 89, which is around 83 in USD.
ah, my bad - would be the other way round of course, sorry :oops: anyway, could be the vat that's excluded if you're based outside the european union? if so this would result in a 19 % lower price, if i'm not mistaken again :ud:
Aha! That is right. The price does not include VAT :oops:
Gribs

http://vstbuzz.com/deals/90-off-undersc ... dioweapon/

Ok quick impression so far is that this is worth 19 Euros, but it's definitely NOT worth the original price.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

I find the AAS sale a bit confusing.

When I got their mail, I followed the link and got a price of $89 for the plugs in the professional series.

I guess that is because I own SS-2 and VA-2 already, because just checking their page now, have the sale price at 50% ?

Propellerheads A-list guitar RE's are 60% off for a few days, but their pricing seems askew ($39/€39) since their original list price was $99/€79.
So you Europeans don't get 60% off, only 50%.
Apparently these Swedes didn't lower US-prices when the Euro weakened, instead they raised Euro pricing with 25% to $99/€99, which would be understandable for a US company, less so for a European one. As such, they should have lowered US pricing to $79 (list) and $32 (sale).
Hey, in the end everybody gets hit.

Yeah, my employer is based in the U.S. but is a global company and the stock price per share tends to go down when the Euro goes down. However, the share price is still very good and the stock pays a good dividend, too. Such is life in a world economy; everything is tied to everything else.
Gribs

Numanoid wrote:I find the AAS sale a bit confusing.

When I got their mail, I followed the link and got a price of $89 for the plugs in the professional series.

I guess that is because I own SS-2 and VA-2 already, because just checking their page now, have the sale price at 50% ?
If you own one product of them , you get better prices ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

I find AAS instruments among the most musically interesting plugins available. These guys from Montrèal, Canada, continue to amaze with unique sounds. Instead of just mimicking existing instruments, they explore the unknown. Personally I'm very pleased with Chromaphone, String Studio, Ultra Analog and Lounge Lizard.
I strongly recommend these sonic gems.

Fleer wrote:I find AAS instruments among the most musically interesting plugins available. These guys from Montrèal, Canada, continue to amaze with unique sounds. Instead of just mimicking existing instruments, they explore the unknown. Personally I'm very pleased with Chromaphone, String Studio, Ultra Analog and Lounge Lizard.
I strongly recommend these sonic gems.
I have Live 9 Suite and as most probably know, several included instruments are by AAS and have similarities to the modeling collection. I like the sound of Chromaphone, which if you search around will find has some improvements over the Live instrument cousin, Collision (interaction between the resonators, UI). I tried the demo of Chromaphone and found it to be a highly playable instrument, but... I could not read some of the text on the GUI! The GUI is so small on my 26" HD monitor that I really cannot read some of the smaller text. I decided to wait and see if AAS redoes the GUI before I buy it. In the meantime there is Collision.

Edit - the best price I have seen for the individual instruments is at JRRShop with the extra discount you get in the cart automatically.
Gribs

True, I guess Chromaphone could benefit from the upgrade the others got last year.
Just realized I forgot to mention Strum, also recently upgraded and now including acoustic as well as electric guitars. Bought it last week. It's an absolute pleasure.

AAS; to me anyhow, are some of THE best sounding instruments available today. Not to mention their customer support is outstanding.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

wasi wrote:Insane prices from AAS, all Professional Series instruments $89 a piece (yes, even Tassman 4 :o ):

https://www.applied-acoustics.com/products/
I'm not seeing this. Is it still there?
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”