Why have you Not Purchased Orion over the Years?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Orion

LawrenceF wrote:Even though it wasn't really for me I still think what that guy did with Orion was great and no matter what anyone thinks about it, it's a life accompishment that nobody can take away from him. :tu:
That's how I always felt about Orion. I never compared it to anything else. It was a concept, it was what it was, and I appreciated the developers efforts for it. It's so sad to think about the death of a DAW that in it's own right was pretty cool like Orion was. I'm gonna go and cry now...

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

i think i'd only even heard of it once long ago, and thought it looked cool, but just never checked it out. it never seemed to get any press (though at the time, i was only on the newsgroups for cubase and what became prosoundweb...no forums for me yet).
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

I wonder if he'd be willing to sell it to someone who could invest more resources into it?

Again, I think it was such a fantastic tool for a time.. and still is.. if a bit kludgey by today's standards. I have 10+ years worth of project files in it. Lots and lots of musical ideas in there.. the sequencer was pretty much the easiest one to use too imo... which made sequencing quick.

It just needs more care.. I'd really like to see a version 9 with proper automation lanes on the tracks in the arranger and bug fixes.. I waited 3 years for automation lanes before realizing not only was there not going to be automation lanes.. but it didn't seem like anything else either. I think the 8.6 beta though fixes the midi channel issue with using vst plugins that generate midi (Cthulhu for example).

Lots of good times using Orion.. I still have my boxed copy from eons ago! :hihi:

I once wrote this little praise in one of the hundreds of flame threads about Orion. I still stick to every word of it whether Orion is dead or not:
Listen carefully, because I am only going to warn you once.

I am all on iPad music production now, but when I was on laptop ORION ruled the world.

This synthstudio is not for idiots who think they need all daw features in the world to make a simple tune. There are no twinkelizer, dingledizer, hit-makerator, finalator, or Omni-organator boltet into an opaque clusterfuck.
Orion is for fast music making and very fast automation of virtually all parameters in a plug in that have midi cc. Actually more than you ever will need.
It is a dream for purists who rather like to make music fast and furiously than spending time counting features of daws and accordingly exchange them as if they were socks.
If you can not make professional sounding music with ORION it is because you are unskilled, untalented, uninspiring, unwise, unknowing, unwilling and unbelievable unworthy to use it in the first place.

Now if you think that BONES is rude, it will be NOTHING compared to my personal insults if anyone as much as think anything negative about ORION. BONES' statements will look like baby-burps in comparison. I will be banned for sure, but you ARE going to cry and your self esteem will be demolished for life, I guarantee you!

Now piss off, piss ants!

No need for a constellation. :clown:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Orion died years ago. Lack of dev interest.

murnau wrote:
No need for a constellation. :clown:
Somebody beat you to that joke. Funny though, I didn't even think about the title. Orion is Orion.

toothnclaw wrote:Orion died because of lack of interest in what was on offer, so the relatively small resources were redirected to coding a synth, which is - surprise, surprise! - also not good enough, despite trying hard.
Not sure if this post is a troll bait or not. :|

I think a lot of people would argue that several of their synths are good enough.

Ones I did not buy.

Orion
ProTools
Nuendo
Samplitude

And......drumroll....

SAWStudio!!!!
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

eXode wrote:
toothnclaw wrote:Orion died because of lack of interest in what was on offer, so the relatively small resources were redirected to coding a synth, which is - surprise, surprise! - also not good enough, despite trying hard.

I think a lot of people would argue that several of their synths are good enough.
Synths have always been his strong point, since TS404. Orion was really just an xox seq to use them in. Lets hope he doesnt abandon them too.

Kriminal wrote:
eXode wrote:

Synths have always been his strong point, since TS404. Orion was really just an xox seq to use them in. Lets hope he doesnt abandon them too.
I like TS404...still have it.
Barry

Orion, like the others on my list, never quite gelled with me. Does not mean that it is a bad DAW...just that it did not seem to work for me too well.
Barry

trimph1 wrote:Ones I did not buy.

Orion
ProTools
Nuendo
Samplitude

And......drumroll....

SAWStudio!!!!
You're missing out on some excellent products, and Orion.
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more...

Robert Randolph wrote:
trimph1 wrote:Ones I did not buy.

Orion
ProTools
Nuendo
Samplitude

And......drumroll....

SAWStudio!!!!
You're missing out on some excellent products, and Orion.
You missed my post above...

Orion, like the others on my list, never quite gelled with me. Does not mean that it is a bad DAW...just that it did not seem to work for me too well.
Barry

Because I only need one DAW to make music.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”