Miroslav Philharmonik

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am running Win 8.1 64 bit and I have downloaded this program twice (!) and each time no instruments appear. I saw a much earlier posting about Win 7 and I tried many of the things there ie running as administrator, checking preference path eg library is

BrowseLoad=-1
BrowseNext=-1
BrowsePrev=-1
FirstRun=no
FlatVelocity=100
GlobalSync=0
InstrumentPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\IK Multimedia\Miroslav Philharmonik\Instruments\
Mode=0

So the 86 path is there. I was wondering about the instruments - are they stored as a DLL? I have the Philharmonik.dll file but it is not too big - I thought it may be pretty big but the download and install only took about 10 mins. (compared with Sonar which took 2 hours!). In the Instruments dir there is a file called ST2Instcache.dat which is quite small and in a separate directory VstPlugins the dll is about 120k. Under presets dir there are a load of files.

So what do I do? Thanks

The sounds should be available for download in your ik multimedia User Area. Its a lil over 7 gb.

They expire. Download and backup.

I found the sounds download, which directory do they go into?

Many thanks

The one you already mentioned I believe. The demo should install a couple sounds though? Hrm.

Unless things have changed, I would not put them in the "Program Files (x86)" sub-folder. Windows 7 onwards applies security checks to access to that folder.

Create your own somewhere-else, preferably on a separate disk and install the sounds library there. Then in Philharmonik, open the Preferences Settings window (click the [Prefs] link on the right-hand side of the manuscript scroll) and select that folder. While you are there, drag the number of outputs up to 31+32 and set "Relist on start-up" to Off.

Remember that Philharmonik is a 32-bit application and plug-in only. If you want to load the plug-in into a 64-bit DAW you will need some sort of software bridge (built-in or third-party).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Instruments”