FL Studio 12 Released!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Image-Line wrote:
xbitz wrote:automation clips can be used only inside the playlist editor, so they can't be put into the Channel Rack although they are clip based
Actually not so. You can trigger Automation Clips from the Channel Rack. Just play a MIDI keyboard or add some notes to its Piano roll and watch the control.

Regards Scott
Why can't we have the possibility to call the Event editor from within the Pianoroll in order to chose any midi parameter and draw curves directly under the notes entered in the Pianoroll?

xbitz wrote: there is no automation for clips the https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... editor.htm has to be used or one of the controller devices

automation clips can be used only inside the playlist editor, so they can't be put into the Channel Rack although they are clip based
Looks like I have a lot to learn. I should spend more time on distinguishing clips and events and other terminology as used in FL Studio.

I am now working more on the Playlist and like how the volume/pan automation can be moved, copied etc. It seem that FLS has a lot more to offer in the automation department. The way I work I can see how automation can be useful to me as I expand my FLS knowledge.

Wopelka wrote: Why can't we have the possibility to call the Event editor from within the Pianoroll in order to chose any midi parameter and draw curves directly under the notes entered in the Pianoroll?
it needs some extra clicking but quite easy adding new element(s) to the related events list of the Pianoroll

from the parameter list
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

What's interesting about Sound on Sound not reviewing FLStudio is the amount of space they devote to completely obscure hardware synths, that have about a ten thousandth of the user base of FL Studio, such as, December 2014 issue, page 42, the 'Waldorf Streichfett' string synthesizer (which I've never heard of), has a five page review, for something that far fewer people will be interested in than FL Studio.

xbitz, thanks for that very handy animated gif!

basslinemaster wrote:What's interesting about Sound on Sound not reviewing FLStudio is the amount of space they devote to completely obscure hardware synths, that have about a ten thousandth of the user base of FL Studio, such as, December 2014 issue, page 42, the 'Waldorf Streichfett' string synthesizer (which I've never heard of), has a five page review, for something that far fewer people will be interested in than FL Studio.

You've never heard of it? Yes, then it MUST be very obscure. :lol:

Anyway, SOS should do what it wants to, review what it wants to, and definitely not be guided by "what's popular".

Well it should, at least if they want people to read their stuff... of course, they could make a blog too but i guess they want to make some money with their mag too.

chk071 wrote:Well it should, at least if they want people to read their stuff... of course, they could make a blog too but i guess they want to make some money with their mag too.
Because... now people aren't reading their stuff? Poor SOS! :P
You'd better stop making music if it isn't POPular, because there's only one homogeneous audience - everyone knows that!

The difference being that most of us don't rely on making money with their music. Well i don't know what SOS's target audience is to be honest.

chk071 wrote:The difference being that most of us don't rely on making money with their music.
Of course, but that wasn't the point of the analogy. Income from a big niche audience could be more than enough to keep their mag running. And could be better than trying to compete with e.g. computer music. :wink:

basslinemaster wrote:What's interesting about Sound on Sound not reviewing FLStudio
is that they've reviewed it seven or eight times at least in the last decade or so.

http://www.soundonsound.com/search?Keyword=image+line
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

T-CM11 wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:What's interesting about Sound on Sound not reviewing FLStudio is the amount of space they devote to completely obscure hardware synths, that have about a ten thousandth of the user base of FL Studio, such as, December 2014 issue, page 42, the 'Waldorf Streichfett' string synthesizer (which I've never heard of), has a five page review, for something that far fewer people will be interested in than FL Studio.

You've never heard of it? Yes, then it MUST be very obscure. :lol:
You'd almost think that the SOS staff knew more about what their audience are interested in than the OP does. And yet, they've only been doing it for 30 years, so how could they?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

basslinemaster wrote:Future Music August 2015 reviewed FL Studio 12, very positively too.
I just read that, they really are raving about it, 3 page review, and both Platinum and Value Award :tu:

It's a bit like Kiss, most reviewers hated them in the 70's, but when the kids/fans grew up and got in the position to have their say, they got the rave reviews they deserved :wink:

Numanoid wrote:Sound on Sound is a quality mag, and they take Image Line seriously looking at previous features like:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar06/a ... styrus.htm

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar10/articles/fl9.htm

https://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct08/ ... aximus.htm
That's debateable, seeing as they don't even allow you to vote for FL Studio in their yearly 'Best DAW' poll... So FL Studio was last reviewed FIVE years ago, yet they can waste ridiculous amounts of space on that string synth I mentioned earlier.
Last edited by basslinemaster on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Did i read somewhere that Image Line don't place any advertising in magazines?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”