Wots the best delays effect for piano

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I wish to have a piano with a decay effect delay ..

Any recommendations please

NI Replika is rather nice on piano, as it's part delay, part reverb. Great space.

Also, if you have Reaktor, I recommend Echophonic by Boscomac, for similar reasons.

Waves H delays is simple and could do the job , Soundtoys echoboy is harder to learn but this THE delay.

PianoDelay

That would depend on what your aiming for with the song and the type of piano you are using. Do you need something clean and defined for a Steinway piano or a dirty spacious echo for a Housie piano?

42 ms.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Admittedly, the SoundToys plugin has a couple of extra options over the H-Delay, but not a huge enough amount to make it a deal breaker.

The downside to that is it does make the Echoboy a little bit harder to use. Other than that, I would think that each is pretty much on par with each other, including the quality and even the price!!

Oh and contrary to some popular belief, the Analog dial on the H-Series plugins doesn't actually add noise, it actually introduces analogue emulation or saturation characteristics. In the case of the H-Delay, the higher the number, the more tape-like the delay becomes.

Interestingly, you can also use the modulation controls with a small delay and no feedback to introduce some chorusing/flanging style effects.

I've put a Butch Vig Vocals plugin on one of these with awesome results!!

Although, I'm not sure about the Echoboy, but the H-Delay is often finding itself on sale for less than $100. That's when I would pick it up!!

Why not just use a subtle reverb instead?
:borg:

simon.a.billington wrote:Admittedly, the SoundToys plugin has a couple of extra options over the H-Delay, but not a huge enough amount to make it a deal breaker.
95% of your posts are Waves praise.
I think it would be important that you make it clear if that's "work" or really just enthusiasm.

Nothing wrong with promoting for money, but it shouldn't be in a sneaky way.

Return to “Effects”