One Synth Challenge #76: Mantra Evo (Syntax Project Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mantra Evo

Voted

Here are the tracks I gave 5s to.

Richard Semper - Great rock track
mcaitch - Another great rock track
Syntax Project - Psytrance like I've never heard it. My pick to take it all
Taron - One of the most unusual tracks I've ever heard

The submissions overall were excellent. This OSC really surprised me. I really underestimated this synth. Just goes to show you, talent will find a way to bring out the most in a synth.

I am humbled in the presence of such greatness.

wagtunes wrote:Voted

The submissions overall were excellent. This OSC really surprised me. I really underestimated this synth. Just goes to show you, talent will find a way to bring out the most in a synth.

thank you, glad you enjoyed it! :hug:
I feel like this one was locked up inside me just waiting for the opportunity to get out :D

RichardSemper wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Voted

thank you, glad you enjoyed it! :hug:
I feel like this one was locked up inside me just waiting for the opportunity to get out :D
The guitar work on it was amazing. Almost had me fooled.

Thank you, wagtunes! :hug:

Voted!

(yay)
It was actually quite a ride to go through these songs! I think, as much as it's cool, when 60 people decide to make songs, life is quite a bit more pleasant with about half that many entrees to go through, hahaha! :phew: :lol:

Great stuff, everybody! :tu:

Wow.... I have listened to all the entries. I'm extremely impressed at the skills and artistry on display. Plus I'm absolutely STUNNED by the quality and variety of sounds everybody was able to produce. I was able to produce some pretty decent percussion patches --- but that consumed the entire first day of the four days I had available to work on this. But some of you guys produced incredible sounds that I don't think I could have created in four months --- maybe even four years!

So I'm wondering if you guys would be willing to share your amazing patches, so the mere mortals among us can study them and learn from your awesome creations and maybe improve our own fledgling skills.

I reiterate my gratitude for those who already shared some patches --- I heavily relied on those to craft my own entry; and my thanks in advance to all who are willing to add to the bank of patches already on the KVR upload page for Mantra Evo.

@Taron

Thanks for kind words. See you next month in OSC 77. Hope my next work wouldn't be so crappy.) I'll review my whole workflow to not meet those pesky difficulties you talked about.

But, you know, it's somewhat obnoxious to read from you that my work here was typical. I've got some nice demos on my soundcloud page, you know.) Given work was pretty subpar for my standards, it's a shame that all my legacy judged by it alone, and I had to delete it. Though it was standing on my typical mistakes, that's for sure. Good luck and thanks again!

Sinner, man, you really, really, really have to work on your pride. I can feel that you are suffering for no reason at all, because you are too worried about the wrong things. I don't know you, you don't know me, we all don't know each other. We rise and fall on a post by post basis ( :hihi: ), and- boy- have I taken plunges already! Ok, I might have the slight edge that I'm in my 40s and had a substantial career already (although as artist, not as musician). My urge to proof myself is completely playful and I'm loving it. You seem to be dreading it, like some devil is waiting behind you to slip up so he can spike you up or so, no...it's not, there ain't no threat to you and you can be nothing right now with all but a world to conquer ahead of you. You are free and we love you, because you are a musician, which makes us understand each other more than we may understand the rest of the world.
Do I think you have a good deal of maturing ahead of you, too.... yah, for sure! You have some catching up to do, but that's the beautiful part. The strength that is coming to you, you will love it! 8-)
So now, please, suspend your pride- by which I mean; stop feeding it until it's light enough so you can carry it properly! The way you starve that hungry pride is by totally accepting that you are nothing and that is the source of massive power, because it sets you free.
Pride lies to you. It tells you things that are false, like anybody telling you, your song was typical. That's the pride lying. Typical mistakes don't make a song typical.
Pride is a foolish dictator. It turns you against yourself, shuts your eyes and ears and mind and pushes you to harm yourself.
Kick it in the ass, have some fun doing that, too! :box:

@Taron

Man, I don't even know where to start. I don't want to repeat that, you know, I talk through a broken phone. As a Deutsch, it's far more easier for you to use English, than me. I've thought we've already made it clear, and more of that. And now you start it all again!

For God's sake, just stop being so paranoid. Just believe that my words were plain. I really thankful for your words and advices, no sarcasm. I really think that my tune was too crappy as it were, no sarcasm. I really am going to change my flow, no sarcasm. It was really nice to talk to people here, no sarcasm. I tried to be as friendly and honest as I can, no sarcasm. Just take it as it is. No trolling, no double meaning, nothing.

Keep it in mind: I speak foreign the way I am used to -> Google Translate -> dictionary -> KVR english. Then on your side: KVR english -> Deutsch. Also, I speak with more typical language constructions for my country. Somewhere in this chain there were losses and ambiguities. So ask yourself: maybe you're trying to diagnose an automatic translator?

I'm kinda tired to apologising for things I didn't actually tell and didn't mean. And, btw, mostly I'm apologising to you, though every time I write things as they are, with no sarcasm, no evil meanings, no ambigue desires. And I'm still thankful for your words, trust me, again there were no sarcasm or anything. I even write this crap just to be polite, though it's very out of topic, and in my country I'd have been banned already. So, if you will try again to find in this article some pride, greed, lust, gluttony, or I don't know what, just don't be annoyed by me don't wanting to answer you again. Because things you imagine is your difficulty, not mine. With all respect.

Sorry for flame, folks. Never gonna happen again.
Last edited by SinnerSign on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yep, definitely a communication problem. I was telling you something for you, not in any defense or attack for my sake. I'm genuinely worried about your feelings, that's all.
Where are you from anyway?

+ I do not need to translate into German. My English is perfectly fine. So there's nothing lost in translation on my end. ;)

voted

@mehum

I somehow managed to miss your post :) No, I am more interested in extremal genres like breakcore, minor industrial, noiselike ambients and metal crossovers. And, for the most part, I don't want my own records to be hard to consume. Maybe one day, when I grow old and grumpy.. I do a mixing for my friends' metal groups, and it's way easier then mix an electronic record that don't want to be or sound like electronic record.

I'll use your words for good, thanks for this, and sorry for the delay.

Voted.

Also voted :tu:

Voted. Really enjoyed the tracks this month, especially the psy-influenced ones!

Return to “Instruments”