FL Studio 12 Released!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Image-Line wrote: Open candy served two purposes

1. To count the number of installations, it's one way we know installs are over 30,000 per day (often 45,000 plus). This is independent from downloads and customer downloads.
So it didn't count all those installations on computers without internet connection (like mine). :wink:

Image-Line wrote:To count the number of installations, it's one way we know installs are over 30,000 per day (often 45,000 plus). This is independent from downloads and customer downloads.
ELEVEN MILLION (or more) installations of FL per year..?

WOW..!

Look out Microsoft.

Andywanders wrote:
Image-Line wrote:To count the number of installations, it's one way we know installs are over 30,000 per day (often 45,000 plus). This is independent from downloads and customer downloads.

WOW..!

Look out Microsoft.
Microsoft know. They took the initiative to contact us about the enormous spread of FL Studio across the Windows world. We talk.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Andywanders wrote:

WOW..!

Look out Microsoft.
It's more, we miss a lot of installs.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Millions of downloads.... and all of this thanks to the step sequencer, right? ;)

General offtopic:
robotmonkey wrote:Actually that kind of stuff has happened before that IL installer had crapware included. I think it was intentional before as it got IL some extra income. I haven't noticed it on recent installers though.
Actually i changed my mind a little when i actually read the OpenCandy EULA which comes with the installers including it once. While i generally dislike other products being bundled with the software you want to install, i found the OpenCandy EULA fair and square. It's all written there and very transparent. If you don't want to install the "crapware" you don't have to. There is no software or parts being installed when you deselect all offers in the installer. Actually i find it even funny that 20 of 60 antivurs program would detect any OpenCandy installer as malware. It's no malware, it's more or less classic adware if you will.

Heads up: IL has found a solution to tiny GUIs, and is on the right path to fix it. It offers the possibility to resize all guis. Works wonders for glass viper, where the dev cannot be bothered to make a bigger GUI and bring the synth to the year 2015.

So there's hope, but still so fantastically annoying. It forces the entire OS to have oversized fonts.

Boy that would be something. "Microsoft recently purchases FL Studio"...

urlwolf wrote:Heads up: IL has found a solution to tiny GUIs, and is on the right path to fix it. It offers the possibility to resize all guis. Works wonders for glass viper, where the dev cannot be bothered to make a bigger GUI and bring the synth to the year 2015.

So there's hope, but still so fantastically annoying. It forces the entire OS to have oversized fonts.
Source for this?

Updating GUI size can be much more troublesome than you'd expect. It's not as simple as a dev refusing to be bothered with the task.

Future Music August 2015 reviewed FL Studio 12, very positively too. I won't hold my breath waiting for Sound on Sound to bother reviewing it...

I am experimenting to find the best DAW suited to my needs.
Unexpectedly I am beginning to like FL Studio 12.

Q:
Does FL studio 12 have the best automation? It has automation for clips
and in fact there are automation clips which can be moved, copied
etc. Is there another DAW which has as good or better automation than
FLS 12?

Is this the IL stalker? LOL, that kid never gives up.

As for FL12 review, I see the workflow being different more as a PRO than a CON. It is unique and different, fast and eficient. FL12 workflow is quite flexible and you can adapt it to pretty much whatever you want it to be (with very few exceptions).

Kalamata Kid wrote:I am experimenting to find the best DAW suited to my needs.
Unexpectedly I am beginning to like FL Studio 12.

Q:
Does FL studio 12 have the best automation? It has automation for clips
and in fact there are automation clips which can be moved, copied
etc. Is there another DAW which has as good or better automation than
FLS 12?
there is no automation for clips the https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... editor.htm has to be used or one of the controller devices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oueAwfdMUo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t1YDI_nsRo

automation clips can be used only inside the playlist editor, so they can't be put into the Channel Rack although they are clip based
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

basslinemaster wrote:Future Music August 2015 reviewed FL Studio 12, very positively too. I won't hold my breath waiting for Sound on Sound to bother reviewing it...
Molten Music Technology did an awesome video review series for FL Studio 12.

What I like about this series is that it's from the perspective of someone who has used most other DAW software (Cubase, Reason, Live & Studio One) and is thrown in the deep end with FL Studio, and manages to swim ... so re the con yes it's also a USP/advantage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RljFv2vBPRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXvqBDfEhls

...and yes we get a few gentle jabs in the ribs, but we are big boys and can handle constructive criticism. 12.1 is something to look out for in that regard ;)

Regards Scott

xbitz wrote:automation clips can be used only inside the playlist editor, so they can't be put into the Channel Rack although they are clip based
Actually not so. You can trigger Automation Clips from the Channel Rack. Just play a MIDI keyboard or add some notes to its Piano roll and watch the control.

Regards Scott

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”