TAL Sampler

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Sampler

I asked the developer if he could make the preset browser less time consuming. It's a but inconvenient to first have to click the current preset, then click the load button in the dropdown menu, then click one the preset folders to open it then click a preset and then click the "ok" button. It would be better with a tree-structure where mouse-hoovering was the primary way to browse presets like many other plugins.

The developer seems to be very friendly and responsive. He said he could see the point and would try to see what he could do about it.

some sound examples:

https://soundcloud.com/jbuonacc/tal-sampler-01

^^ repeating drum loop, playing around with LFOs and parameters in real-time.

https://soundcloud.com/jbuonacc/sets/so ... comparison

^^ all examples are 'TAL-Sampler', Ableton 'Simpler'>'Redux', 112dB 'Morgana', NI Maschine 'S1200' mode, in that order.

Why not make musical examples, one might get the impression it is a drum computer 8) Doesn't it do pads, leads, etc.?

would be great to have auto-play option for samples
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

analoguesamples909 wrote:would be great to have auto-play option for samples
That would be nice. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I'd really like a version focused on drums (ie with mute/solo/multiple outs). Even old EMU soundfonts sound alive through this sampler :D I think Jitter is responsible for this.

Do you know of a soundfont or sfz editor where it's easy to make drum kits? TX16Wx lets you drag samples and have them all have one note each with root note set to the same. None of the editors i've tried lets you do that.
Im considering making something in Excel but i don't want to spend time doing that now .. not when i got this new toy <3
:hug:

a coloring inputstage with distorting option

Im trying to make an sfz drum kit builder using excel. It's actually working pretty good though i still have to do some manual work.
I have a library from Primeloops called XXL Drums something which includes a total of 348 drum hits. 89+51 kicks, 65+44 snares, 39 hihats, 30 cymbals, 17 open hihats and finally 13 rides.
Instead of just having them sorted in that order over a couple of banks, i want them mixed instead - bd, snare, bd, hihat, snare, ride, bd, bd, snare etc. Much more fun randomly banging until i find something nice :)
At first i wanted to do something more ordered in banks of 64 hits. But after a lot of failed attempts of formulas im just going to get a ratio of each drum and randomly lay them out. MUCH easier!

I found a program called Directory List & Print which has a free version. It lets you, without entering command prompt, have all the files in a folder listed for easy copy/paste into excel.

I picked 64 drums per patch as it lets you use Coarse as much as possible (then you can load up A+B+C+D and mix drums for creative effect!).

Anyone got any ideas? As long as you have the sfz with samplename (no path needed, i use search in TAL-Sampler) and their location (hi/low/root) it will work.

Oh well, great fun :D I can't see why i wouldn't be able to do a version for google calc so that anyone interested can use it. Though you still would have to get a list of samples on your own.
:hug:

HATING the noise in the demo!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

buy it... :D

Bought it. Missing some features (multioutputs, multisample load in one mapping) but - this Sampler is what i'm looking for!

Hans25 wrote:I asked the developer if he could make the preset browser less time consuming. It's a but inconvenient to first have to click the current preset, then click the load button in the dropdown menu, then click one the preset folders to open it then click a preset and then click the "ok" button. It would be better with a tree-structure where mouse-hoovering was the primary way to browse presets like many other plugins.

The developer seems to be very friendly and responsive. He said he could see the point and would try to see what he could do about it.

Huge +1 to this. Wonderful plugin, but this is my primary issue on the negative side. Just too darn many clicks and too much pointless navigation to get one preset loaded!

Otherwise, TAL wins again, this guys stuff is top notch. The TAL Bassline 101 had recently become a "used in every track" plugin for me, and I can see this going the same route, if not even moreso!

-M

Geek Model wrote:Missing some features (multioutputs
+1
It would be good.

I dunno, the plugin seems to be intended to be used as a the single instrument. Turning it into a multi-instrument like a sort of vintage-flavored Kontakt would sort of kill my enjoyment of the pleasant simplicity of the thing.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Just bought it :D

I will no doubt be using this for a long time in lots of my projects. I love that Lo-fi crunch!

*Update*

Ok after messing with this thing, it does EXACTLY what i've always wanted. It's gritty, warm and i can drag and drop my sample library in with ease and make a quick patch.

If you make industrial music, or any kind of music that needs that "warm, gritty, vintage sampler" sound i would totally recommend you pick this up.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”