New KEI synth by XXX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Could be that the demo is only offered as 32 bit ?

The dll file is titled KEIdemo. So it doesn't look like that the demo file is authorized with a code, but that users will get access to the full version to download when bought.

SynthMaker plugins usually show a 'hand' cursor over the knobs so this doesn't look like SynthMaker. Well it 'looks' like a typical SynthMaker plugin but it doesn't look like it was made in SynthMaker.

It installed 2 DLLs for me KEIdemo.dll and KEIdemo64.dll - so I guess one of these is the 64-bit plugin. Maybe it only installs both if you're on 64-bit Windows?

It's all downhill from there though. I couldn't get a decent sound out of it, the audio kept breaking up. Noise sounded good though. :hihi:

Have to agree about the name - XXX is a particularly unwise choice, especially when googling!

KingClarkie wrote:SynthMaker plugins usually show a 'hand' cursor over the knobs so this doesn't look like SynthMaker. Well it 'looks' like a typical SynthMaker plugin but it doesn't look like it was made in SynthMaker.

It installed 2 DLLs for me KEIdemo.dll and KEIdemo64.dll - so I guess one of these is the 64-bit plugin. Maybe it only installs both if you're on 64-bit Windows?

It's all downhill from there though. I couldn't get a decent sound out of it, the audio kept breaking up. Noise sounded good though. :hihi:

Have to agree about the name - XXX is a particularly unwise choice, especially when googling!
Well, I'm on Windows 64 bit and it only installed one dll so I have no idea what happened to the other. Didn't even give me a path option for a second dll. Just gave me the one.

Its a pleb synth. Sounds awfull. Controls and looks awfull.its marketed as a supersaw synth but it has the worst detune i have ever heard !!free would be asking too much
~Pyrotek45

Not a good experience here.

Sound is very distorted almost like its producing it as part of the demo mode except constantly. No 64 bit option at install. Totally agree with XXX being a horrible choice for a name. I do really like the GUI though.

People definitely are tired of good synths coming at bargain prices. There should be some variety.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Rcl wrote:Not a good experience here.

Sound is very distorted almost like its producing it as part of the demo mode except constantly. No 64 bit option at install. Totally agree with XXX being a horrible choice for a name. I do really like the GUI though.

Maybe the dev is a fan of Vin Diesel?

;) :hihi:

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

recursive one wrote:People definitely are tired of good synths coming at bargain prices. There should be some variety.

Lol would you consider this a good synth?
~Pyrotek45

Pyrotek45 wrote:
recursive one wrote:People definitely are tired of good synths coming at bargain prices. There should be some variety.

Nope, I would consider this as the "variety" :wink:

I mean, you can now buy Z3ta for the price lower than this synth. Otherwise, if you have six more bucks, you can buy Synthmaster. I'm not sure what they were thinking when they set the price.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:
Pyrotek45 wrote:

I mean, you can now buy Z3ta for the price lower than this synth. Otherwise, if you have six more bucks, you can buy Synthmaster. I'm not sure what they were thinking when they set the price.
If I had to guess, I'd say this person was totally brand new to synth creation and business in general and is totally clueless as to what it out there.

It's the only explanation that makes any sense.

wagtunes wrote:
recursive one wrote:
Pyrotek45 wrote:

If I had to guess, I'd say this person was totally brand new to synth creation and business in general and is totally clueless as to what it out there.

It's the only explanation that makes any sense.
Exactly! Looks like someone who's just started plugin development. Instead of saying it's no good, maybe we could list the things who need to be improved. The company's name is not the best choice for a start. :)

Return to “Instruments”