Plugins Similar to Soundtoys Crystallizer - PC

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

firepile wrote: What about Valhalla Shimmer?
Even though I like Shimmer a lot it does completely different thing.
No signature here!

You actually can use Shimmer as an echo device, I quite like it when used as such, if you accept that you have to set the timing by hearing. But the pitchshifting Shimmer obviously is optimised for reverbs, and it really doesn't sound that good when you turn the diffusion down.

For those pitchshifting kind of delays, there's Discord3, PitchFunk and PsycheDelay (in either Guitar Rig or FM8), which should get you in the ballpark.

There's a patch in Rye, which is one of the Pluggo effects (also in the Max4Live version), called 'Crystal Clone' that completely nails the original Crystal Echoes patch.

Melda mxxx is coming soon...
It has a granular block (with the option to reverse audio), saturation, delays and tons of other effects.
And a pristine sound quality.

Arrested Developer wrote:Melda mxxx is coming soon...
It has a granular block (with the option to reverse audio), saturation, delays and tons of other effects.
And a pristine sound quality.
I got some lovely crystalline type sounds with an old beta.

This will be the vst multieffect to beat
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Before I had Crystallizer, I modded a grain-based Reaktor ensemble I'd found in the user lib and created some really nice effects which sounded great. All Crystallizer really is a grain-based transposing delay; the classic effect transposes by octaves. I remember putting a LPF into the feedback loop to shape the response of the feedback.

Return to “Effects”