Sonimus releases Burnley 73 equalizer plugin!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Burnley 73

Anybody who is gonna spend $60 on a plugin is not going to subject themselves to that.
Anyone who pays $60 doesnt have to do it....Your talking in circles at this point and making no sense.

Youre talking for the sake of argument or because you think you sound cool. Your rebuttal is weak and based on assumptions.....,.Maybe its better to just be quiet when grown men are having a conversation.
you seem to be the expert.
Well, i certainly know more than a bedroom amateur thats babbling for the sake of argument.

Agree with Kang
get his number maybe :hihi:
As an example FL Studio Demo comes with one limitation: Projects can be saved but can't be opened again
Thats the worst example possible.

Lets see, can i remember my setting on an EQ with 4 working knobs, or an entire DAW With 40 tracks in a session? Plugins, midi,ect............Just stop talking please.
but still they do fine in their business.
Oh....Do you have a copy of their sales statistics and where they rank among other business models?? Or are you just trying real hard to think of cool things to say?

Wow are the trolls ever out tonight.
There ya have it...

Well if you use the EQ non dynamical for a single track but that has nothing to do with music producing. Please stop talking. :lol:

Now troll away and dont derail the thread even more. Demo user.. :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

just recently i wanted to re-demo an amp sim i spent 30 minutes demoing, but the demo expired. a great way to demo it would be to record usage time instead of activation date, but what Sonimus does works even better (i.e. unlimited demo with some features disabled). if i decide to keep the plugin, i will pay for it just out of that alone.

so, yeah, it's not "making it easy to cheat", it's making it easy to demo, without the stupid tactics other devs use. such a demo means the developer trusts me to do the right thing. copy protection only inconveniences legitimate users (bar a few cases, like iLok, which actually woks as a copy protection scheme), so the absense of it means the legitimate user isn't in a better position than a pirate. which encourages sales, not piracy.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I wasn't planning on buying it for another month but the demo limitations pushed me just enough for me to buy it now.

I really think this is a well thought out demo system.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

so the absense of it means the legitimate user isn't in a better position than a pirate. which encourages sales, not piracy.
Oh there are tons of people that are just riding out the demo.
Its sad but its the truth. Pretty hot topic actually.

Lets face it, the only thing this plugin brings to the table, that pretty much everybody doesnt already have, is a little different flavor of saturation. No need to buy the plugin just for that reason alone. Especially when its super easy to return the levels to exactly where they were, when you ended the session.

Call it what you will, but unfortunately its happening plenty, and its costing the dev money.
There ya have it...

Good demo, and good plugin. In addition to the 2 types of saturation, it's CPU friendly, and very easy to use. IIRC, the only other character eq I tried that was more CPU efficient was the DDMF 6144. Gladly made my purchase.
esoundz name: Helio

I think this is a great demo model. I wouldn't use a plugin with no recall in tunes but it can stay in my folder to be demoed when I find time. Nice.

Can anyone specify how much CPU load is saved between the demo and activated versions of this and SonEQ Pro? Been trialling both (and love them), but I'm intending to track into Logic Pro X with them inserted on each channel - trying that with 16 channels @ 96kHz on my 2012 Retina MBP is *just* pushing Logic's stupid single-core recording limitation a bit too far.

Ultrasonic wrote:Oh....Do you have a copy of their sales statistics and where they rank among other business models?? Or are you just trying real hard to think of cool things to say?
Wow are the trolls ever out tonight.
Ultrasonic wrote:Oh there are tons of people that are just riding out the demo.
Its sad but its the truth. Pretty hot topic actually.

Call it what you will, but unfortunately its happening plenty, and its costing the dev money.
Ultrasonic wrote:Your rebuttal is weak and based on assumptions.....,.Maybe its better to just be quiet when grown men are having a conversation.
:dog:
Ultrasonic wrote:There ya have it...

Ultrasonic wrote: Lets face it, the only thing this plugin brings to the table, that pretty much everybody doesnt already have, is a little different flavor of saturation. No need to buy the plugin just for that reason alone. Especially when its super easy to return the levels to exactly where they were, when you ended the session.
??? This is like saying "the only thing this plugin has gong for it, is the sound." I really like this eq, and yes, it's because of the specific interaction of the eq curves and the saturation knob. It's really good and pretty unique.

momalle3 wrote:
Ultrasonic wrote: Lets face it, the only thing this plugin brings to the table, that pretty much everybody doesnt already have, is a little different flavor of saturation. No need to buy the plugin just for that reason alone. Especially when its super easy to return the levels to exactly where they were, when you ended the session.
??? This is like saying "the only thing this plugin has gong for it, is the sound." I really like this eq, and yes, it's because of the specific interaction of the eq curves and the saturation knob. It's really good and pretty unique.
Yes, I agree. Not really getting the logic of knocking the eq. It is better than most of the other attempts at a Neve eq so there's lots of value in that alone.

Return to “Effects”