Parallax/Paradromic - ElectroProg (Seismic Viewpoints)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Always great interesting sounds from you! I enjoyed this one a lot!

Frantz wrote:And here I thought we would be hobnobbing with Hobgoblin again but we have flashed forward to the present day. I was concerned about the mention of dubstep which could have been a dubious step for you. Fortunately, this falls into the Seismic sweetspot of melancholic beat-driven moodiness. The result is excellent. Z3ta complements your music very well. The dark, bass-heavy sound of previous mixes is gone. This is a full frequency recording with a clear, transparent widescreen sound. The mix is flawless. The use of reverb is subtle and effective. My precious porcelain was completely undisturbed even at high volume. :ud:

My only minor complaint is what sounds like a false ending at around the 6 minute mark but I guess I got used to the track springing back to life.

Overall, very enjoyable. :tu:
Thanks very much for the comments, and for listening, Frantz. Glad you liked it :)

Those Zeta+2 sounds worked out well for this style, but don't discount a return to the dark side side in the near future. With this track I used a little more width than usual. For the last 3 years I've been a little wary of using extreme panning. This track is no exception, but I did push the boat a little further out here.

All of the added reverb on here is Breeze. I find it to be a great general-purpose tool, but it seems to shine in this style of music. I used REFLEX+ on the Z3ta+2 lead patch, for a combined reverb/delay effect.

Glad the porcelain survived, and glad you liked the mix. I have one more Hobgoblin track going up on SoundCloud later in the year. In my opinion, it's a better song than the last one.

Very cool Tim! Love it all...
Very silky pads and the lead synth at the start is the best....
Enjoyed the beat as well.
The bubbly synth is pretty awesome too!
Enjoying the bridge, those pads are so silky...
Bringing it all together near the end. :)
Great flow to it!
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Titas Sid wrote:Nice composition : )
Thanks very much for checking this out and commenting, Titas Sid. Glad you liked it :)

clintmartin wrote:Always great interesting sounds from you! I enjoyed this one a lot!
Thanks very much for listening, and for the great comments, Clint. Glad you enjoyed it :D

Great ambient piece!

Many beautiful sounds, and very intricate percussion. I like how the mood of the song subtly changes from very light and relaxed beginning to slightly darker tones in the middle. :tu:

(and yes, Z3ta is a very good synth)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Allomerus wrote:Very cool Tim! Love it all...
Very silky pads and the lead synth at the start is the best....
Enjoyed the beat as well.
The bubbly synth is pretty awesome too!
Enjoying the bridge, those pads are so silky...
Bringing it all together near the end. :)
Great flow to it!
Well done! :)
Hey John. Thanks for listening and commenting. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Most of the sounds on here are modified presets. The presets that aren't modified (all the vocal-type sounds, the DuneCM bass and one of the arps) just didn't seem to need any tweaking. I love it when things progress as quickly and painlessly as this track, with all of the elements just falling into place naturally.

Really nice stuff. The first couple of minutes had an awesome Vangelis kind of vibe to them (as does the later section between about 5:30 and 6:30), and then it's off in a different but also interesting direction. I think you did a nice job of keeping the whole thing very chill and coherent throughout even as you brought in new elements. Thanks for sharing!

I enjoyed it--especially the percussion. Thanks, seismic1.
No longer a moderator.

recursive one wrote:Great ambient piece!

Many beautiful sounds, and very intricate percussion. I like how the mood of the song subtly changes from very light and relaxed beginning to slightly darker tones in the middle. :tu:

(and yes, Z3ta is a very good synth)
Sorry for the delayed response, recursive one. I've been away on vacation for the last few weeks :party:

Recently I seem to have been guilty of combining ambient sounds with percussive elements. I think that the combination can be quite pleasing to the ear. The percussion was a combination of slightly modified Axon and Tremor presets. I find "integrated" mood changes one of the hardest things to pull off within a composition. I think I got lucky with this one :wink:

I hope to put Z3ta+2 to more use soon. I haven't really explored it in any depth until now.

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment. Glad you liked it :)

This thread has seen plenty of activity, and without reading it all i`m sure it is all positive. That`s were I come in. My views include a more critical bent.
So, I think I can add something that may not have been expressed.
- The intro synth melody I feel was not only unnecessary it distracted from the beauty of that opening, which was really cool.[up to 2:10]
- @about 3:30 the synth-bass comes in. As i`m listening I imagine it not being there and i`m liking it better for just it`s pads imagery.
- @ 4:19 the bass adds with melodic-line synth. This totally works for me and justifies the bass. Leaving the bass out until this point improves it for me.
- The melody synth @5:54 sounds absolutely appropriate here as a transitioning character. @6:06 i`m not sure about it purpose any longer.
- @7:30 I would better understand a sustained bass here, like what comes in a little later.

Besides all that I like the track a lot. Well crafted and very listenable. :tu:
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Back for another Listen Tim. Just perfect for a cold rainy morning here. It has a calm yet uplifting character to it. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

davidstiles wrote:Really nice stuff. The first couple of minutes had an awesome Vangelis kind of vibe to them (as does the later section between about 5:30 and 6:30), and then it's off in a different but also interesting direction. I think you did a nice job of keeping the whole thing very chill and coherent throughout even as you brought in new elements. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks very much for giving this a listen and commenting, David. Glad you liked it :)

I guess the lead synth sound is mainly responsible for the Vangelis vibe. This was the first time I have used Z3ta+2 on a track, and I'm sure it won't be the last. It was surprisingly tweakable.

I have 9 instrument tracks (not including FX) on here, and in places, 8 of them are firing at once, which is certainly less than my usual tally. I managed to resist the urge to keep adding which left some space in the soundstage for a change.

This track is awesome!

D.H. Miltz wrote:I enjoyed it--especially the percussion. Thanks, seismic1.
Thanks you very much for taking a listen and commenting, DHM. It is much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Return to “Music Cafe”