Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know if we have to activate theJRR code for groove3 immediately? Or can we save it for a later month?

You can save it.

Thanks.

To anyone who's seen my July Specials post in the main deals page, please know that I'll keep adding to it as we finish putting up more deals. For example, I just added the following:

60% off FXpansion DCAM Synth Squad and 50% off all BFD libraries until July 31. Automatic extra discounts in cart:

jrrshop.com/fxpansion

This deal is especially cool because FXpansion is working on Strobe 2. My guess is they're almost ready to release it and are doing this sale to get customers who will upgrade from DCAM to Strobe 2 at a discounted price.

Just added this:

AAS Applied Acoustics Systems Modeling Collection and individual synths up to 47% off until July 31. Automatic extra discounts in cart:

jrrshop.com/aas

btw, please let me know if it's annoying that I'm re-posting these here. I'm doing it so I don't have to make new posts on the main deal thread, which people have expressed dissatisfaction about in the past.

About Waves offer: Can anyone tell me what the lowest price the Mercury bundle have had in history? I now have an offer below $1000 for the upgrade. And furthermore, Waves has a limit on maximum $300 for WUP a year (at the moment). And I have already crossed that ceiling with the plugins I have (Platinum and a lot of single plugins.

Would it be wise to upgrade to Waves Mercury when I already have reached the ceiling - that is I the WUP price is the same for me if I buy the Mercury bundle? Or could you risk to be trapped if they get a higher ceiling suddenly - anybody have an idea about that? If I upgrade to Mercury I think they will remove my individual plugins that are in the Mercury bundle and then I have to either WUP Mercury or not WUP at all.

Any input is higly appreaciated thanks!

Hans25 wrote:If I upgrade to Mercury I think they will remove my individual plugins that are in the Mercury bundle and then I have to either WUP Mercury or not WUP at all.
Hi Hans, don't know about the rest of your questions, or if Mercury is handled differently than Gold, but when I bought Gold at the outrageously low sale price late last year, I already had some of the plugins in it, and here's what happened: Owning some of the included plugs didn't reduce the price of Gold, and buying Gold didn't consume those existing licenses. Any dupes were treated as independent assets I could sell or give away.

Uncle E wrote: btw, please let me know if it's annoying that I'm re-posting these here. I'm doing it so I don't have to make new posts on the main deal thread, which people have expressed dissatisfaction about in the past.
IMO you're very welcome to post in both threads, Uncle E, as your posts are always informative and often quite interesting.

dwozzle wrote:Hi Hans, don't know about the rest of your questions, or if Mercury is handled differently than Gold, but when I bought Gold at the outrageously low sale price late last year, I already had some of the plugins in it, and here's what happened: Owning some of the included plugs didn't reduce the price of Gold, and buying Gold didn't consume those existing licenses. Any dupes were treated as independent assets I could sell or give away.
Thanks for responding. Hmm ok well maybe it didn't because Gold was a full product and not an upgrade. I think you always have to buy a full bundle in the beginning before you can go the upgrade path. I mean I would be rather annoyed if they took licenses away that was actutally purchase two times.

What do you think of the upgrade price? I know you don't know exactly what extra plugins I have but I will all in all get 75 more plugins than I have. But a lot of the plugins are for surround sound and I won't use them at all. Furthermore it seems like others are either overlapping my existing plugins or in som other niche area. The only real reason for me to upgrade is to get the new plugins that goes in the Mercury bundle when they are released. But I have doubts if the cons are outweighing the pros.

Hans25 wrote: Thanks for responding. Hmm ok well maybe it didn't because Gold was a full product and not an upgrade.
<...>
Yes, if you buy a bundle, you get the bundle at its price even if you have some of the plugins already. To get them deduced from the price, you need to buy not a bundle but an upgrade. It works this way for any Waves bundle afaik. I think you can start with a single plugin to get into upgrade path. Also I believe if you buy a bundle having some plugins already, you still can sell these plugins.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Hans25 wrote:About Waves offer: Can anyone tell me what the lowest price the Mercury bundle have had in history? I now have an offer below $1000 for the upgrade. And furthermore, Waves has a limit on maximum $300 for WUP a year (at the moment). And I have already crossed that ceiling with the plugins I have (Platinum and a lot of single plugins.

Would it be wise to upgrade to Waves Mercury when I already have reached the ceiling - that is I the WUP price is the same for me if I buy the Mercury bundle? Or could you risk to be trapped if they get a higher ceiling suddenly - anybody have an idea about that? If I upgrade to Mercury I think they will remove my individual plugins that are in the Mercury bundle and then I have to either WUP Mercury or not WUP at all.

Any input is higly appreaciated thanks!
$300 is maximum for all your plugins in total, within bundles or not, so even if you decide to WUP Mercury, it won't be more expensive.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Fleer wrote:
Uncle E wrote: btw, please let me know if it's annoying that I'm re-posting these here. I'm doing it so I don't have to make new posts on the main deal thread, which people have expressed dissatisfaction about in the past.
IMO you're very welcome to post in both threads, Uncle E, as your posts are always informative and often quite interesting.

Agreed. Post as much as you want - it's always good stuff.

Andy Gone wrote:Yes, if you buy a bundle, you get the bundle at its price even if you have some of the plugins already. To get them deduced from the price, you need to buy not a bundle but an upgrade. It works this way for any Waves bundle afaik. I think you can start with a single plugin to get into upgrade path. Also I believe if you buy a bundle having some plugins already, you still can sell these plugins.
Yes yes... well may I didn't explain it very well but I am aware of this. That was what I tried to answer dwozzle.

Andy Gone wrote:$300 is maximum for all your plugins in total, within bundles or not, so even if you decide to WUP Mercury, it won't be more expensive.
Sorry I am also aware of that. What I like to know is peoples opinion about the risk of WUP ceiling getting higher and if the upgrade price is as good as it gets or if I should wait.
I also hope that others can benefit from this information as well.

Uncle E wrote:To anyone who's seen my July Specials post in the main deals page, please know that I'll keep adding to it as we finish putting up more deals. For example, I just added the following:

60% off FXpansion DCAM Synth Squad and 50% off all BFD libraries until July 31. Automatic extra discounts in cart:

jrrshop.com/fxpansion

This deal is especially cool because FXpansion is working on Strobe 2. My guess is they're almost ready to release it and are doing this sale to get customers who will upgrade from DCAM to Strobe 2 at a discounted price.
Hi Uncle E,

Any chance you'll offer these during the sale?:

Geist Expansions, especially: Best of Guru

and these BFD expansions:

BFD London Sessions
BFD Sabian Digital Vault
BFD Oblivion
BFD Stanton Moore Cymbals
BFD Virtually Erskine

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”