Is it safe to put audio interface ontop of speakers?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, quick question, I don't know anything about hardware but is it safe to let me audio interface rest on top of my speakers? Can that mess with either the speakers or interface or something? I have limited desk space so please let me know!! thanks!

It's probably ok. Just check the speakers manual for these warnings. The interface might vibrate and fall off, or the magnetic field of the speakers might interfere.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

If possible I would site it elsewhere, but if you have nowhere else, maybe put a blob of Bluetac (or similar) on the feet of the interface so it doesn't fall off or rattle due to vibration. Are your speakers on your desk, or on stands?

thecontrolcentre wrote:If possible I would site it elsewhere, but if you have nowhere else, maybe put a blob of Bluetac (or similar) on the feet of the interface so it doesn't fall off or rattle due to vibration. Are your speakers on your desk, or on stands?
They are on a desk, I'm not concerned too much about rattling but I just don't know if they can damage each other due to any magnetic reason or anything of the sort... not sure how this all works.

If it doesn't rattle off you're not playing loud enough.

I wouldn't - vibrations.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”