New Offering from Hideaway Studio: Chromatix!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From Dan Wilson at Hideaway Studio:

Chromatix is a celebration of yet another successful resurrection of an old classic saved from the grave…

This time it was a gorgeous 1983 Rhodes Chroma!

https://hideawaystudio.wordpress.com/

Only $25 U.S. - No brainer! Dan's creations are awesome, check it out. :tu:

It is a no brainer for sure don't get me wrong but imho he should consider intro pricing since he did sales in the past. Anyway, it sounds beautiful and worth no matter which price you pay either way the asked $25 or lower in a sale one day.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

cooljazz58 wrote:Only $25 U.S. - No brainer! Dan's creations are awesome, check it out. :tu:
'
Only $25 ?

So it will work in the Kontakt free player? :?

Of course not, maybe if you add a "0" to the asked $25. ;)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Numanoid wrote:So it will work in the Kontakt free player? :?
Check under 'System Requirements'
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Not many other sample libs based on Rhodes/Arp Chroma, only UVI's Kroma comes to my mind

... I was about to order, but FastSpring insists on all sorts of unnecessary personal info
:(

I do not recall entering all that for previous Hideaway Studio orders.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:... I was about to order, but FastSpring insists on all sorts of unnecessary personal info

:?: I see name and address for billing, and an email to send the download link to...

What's unnecessary?

DarkStar wrote:... I was about to order, but FastSpring insists on all sorts of unnecessary personal info

And your previous orders will have been before the beginning of 2015 when the EU MOSS regulations came into play (necessitating that Hideaway change their payment system to go FastSpring in the first place, as per the post of January 27th further down their webpage), amiright?

Yes, my previous purchases were pre-2015.

Unnecessary? Name, Full address, Phone Number. And, I would think that it is imposed by FastSpring, not Hideaway Studios themselves.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

And who the heck ever enters their real address/phone number for a download anyway... :D

Yep, that's how FastSpring works. Hollow Sun shop is the same way.

DarkStar wrote:Yes, my previous purchases were pre-2015.

Unnecessary? Name, Full address, Phone Number.
It is necessary under the EU VAT MOSS regulations. VAT must be charged on digital transactions. The country the customer is making the purchase in needs to be known in order to charge the correct amount of VAT. Its a legal requirement. The company processing the transaction needs to record two sources of such information; the customer's home address is one source.

It's the information required by the new EU VAT regulations. I know it's not Dan's choice. However, it's also the shape of things to come, as several other countries (Japan, Australia...) are contemplating similar legislation. Before long it may be worldwide for all sales online. The best that can be done is to protest to mitigate the effects - not least by creating an exemption for small businesses such as Dan's. Visit http://www.euvataction.org to find out how to take action.

In the meantime, I believe Fastspring are reliable and reputable. Unless you're on the run from the authorities, I don't think revealing your whereabouts will be too dangerous, though I 100% agree that this sort of thing should be discouraged. I reckon it's worth it for Dan's libraries though! :tu:
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

Their products sound awesome. They are definitely on my radar!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”