KickR 1.3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KickR

KickR is once again updated. The biggest news is two more distortion modes including a nice tube dist.
http://www.gudaaudio.com/kickr.php
19$/19€ - Free download for demo mode, use serial to unlock to full mode.
Windows and Mac 32/64bit. VST/AU. Download from http://www.gudaaudio.com/downloadProduct.php
Last edited by davidguda on Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Image of new KickR
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

i like the GUI, but already am suited on kick synths actualy.

KVR....enough synths??? Did I get to the wrong forum!? ;)
David Guda gudaaudio.com

hehe, yea the Bazzism GUI feels really dated somehow and the sonic academy one doesn't really get much development love. For example it's not possible to set exact HZ for the curves. It always rounds. But the shapeable envelopes are quite nice in the kick. Do you also think of adding those maybe?

shapeable envelopes for amp and pitch as like in sonic academys, no. It was actually my initial plan since I already had quite some code ready for that (if you see my synth project EuterpeXL you can see it there) but as I worked along I just never felt it was missing. I would feel KickR would feel a little bit of its quick and easy good results without actually really add that much to it. To be honest, how often do you see an odd shape actually sounding good in S.A. kick?
One of my main goals is after all that it should be easy and quick to get a tailored kick, super detailed envelope control is one point I decided to cut.
....Long answer :)
David Guda gudaaudio.com

ok, can the end FQ be set to a .x value, like 42.2 HZ for example? or does it round into 42 ?

it can be tuned freely or set to note
David Guda gudaaudio.com

just checked out the demo, quite nice for sure. already bought two plugs this month, but considering it for sure. ;) the pulsating logo is cool..

also the sample load and color schemes are nice. hm :hihi:

The pulsating logo was at first just something I did because I was bored of making sensible stuff! :)
You can click the logo to trigger a kick, that can be quite handy while tweaking. You can also right click the logo for a completely pointless funky graphical effect....:)
David Guda gudaaudio.com

davidguda, is there a chance of a Linux port? I've tested your plugin with airwave and it works pretty well, but the mouse pointer is hidden as soon as I touch any control (I think it is a WINE issue).

davidguda wrote:You can also right click the logo for a completely pointless funky graphical effect....:)

its fun lol, so not pointless :D

I have never used AirWave myself, sounds interesting. I've actually never really bothered with music software on linux at all. I suppose now the Linux music production market is starting to mature so it could be possible to start experimenting with. There is nothing I could think of that would stop KickR from being compiled for Linux. I have just not bothered doing that because it would take development time and extra testing for what I suppose is a quite small market.
So.... I make no promises for Linux support at this point but I will look in to it to see how much of a big deal it would be to build for it and make basic testing.

phantom-one wrote:davidguda, is there a chance of a Linux port? I've tested your plugin with airwave and it works pretty well, but the mouse pointer is hidden as soon as I touch any control (I think it is a WINE issue).
David Guda gudaaudio.com

davidguda wrote:There is nothing I could think of that would stop KickR from being compiled for Linux. I have just not bothered doing that because it would take development time and extra testing for what I suppose is a quite small market.
Usually the general issues for Windows/Mac developers are the different graphical framework and the dozen of Linux distributions. But these issues could be solved, of course. If you ever decide to port your plugins on Linux and you need any help - feel free to contact me.

Just purchased it, great plugin at a fair price ;)

Return to “Instruments”