Z3ta at $39 US!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Weird and completely unnecessary restriction. If it would be "I understand that I can use this software at only one machine at the time" (without the "install" part) this would be fine.

Still, the synth sounds good in its own way and I didn't encounter any major bug so far (seems that most of the bugs people are talking about are Mac-related).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

ENV1 wrote: And finally theres two different FX versions that can be used with other plugins in case youd like to use z3tas FX with some other sound source.
This is no more possible with Z3ta2+. For some reason they removed the FX version.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

EnGee wrote:
wasi wrote:Here ya go:

Non-transferable too. Dimension Pro was the same thing. But I bought both on extreme discounts ($15 for dimension) so they may only do this on their 'no brainer' sales, but they're sure not up-front about it.
Yes, I know this agreement. Thanks for showing it. It is a normal restriction IMO because normally I use it in one machine at a time. Anyway, even if I want to play it in my desktop and my laptop at the same time, I don't think this agreement would stop me from doing this (the same applies to Sonar of course).
Well, I don't think so. It says "install and use". I don't think there's any way to assume they mean just "use" if they explicitly write "install and use" and have you confirm that explicitly in a seperate checkbox, outside of the EULA agreement even. Whether or not there are technical restrictions to enforce this I don't know, but the wording is perfectly clear it seems.

You might say that if you're only allowed to "install and use" on one computer, you're allowed to "install and not use" the software as many times as you like and then apply the "use" trigger to whichever install you're actually using, but that sounds rather contrieved to me.

Do i miss something, or is the option to get another 50% discount (additionally to the already discounted price) for an upgrade from Z3TA 1 not available in the shop anymore? I remember i did upgrade Z3TA 1 to Z3TA 2 for 50% off the already 50% discounted sale price. Not that i'm greedy or so! :P

wasi wrote:
EnGee wrote:
wasi wrote:Here ya go:

Non-transferable too. Dimension Pro was the same thing. But I bought both on extreme discounts ($15 for dimension) so they may only do this on their 'no brainer' sales, but they're sure not up-front about it.
Yes, I know this agreement. Thanks for showing it. It is a normal restriction IMO because normally I use it in one machine at a time. Anyway, even if I want to play it in my desktop and my laptop at the same time, I don't think this agreement would stop me from doing this (the same applies to Sonar of course).
Well, I don't think so. It says "install and use". I don't think there's any way to assume they mean just "use" if they explicitly write "install and use" and have you confirm that explicitly in a seperate checkbox, outside of the EULA agreement even. Whether or not there are technical restrictions to enforce this I don't know, but the wording is perfectly clear it seems.

You might say that if you're only allowed to "install and use" on one computer, you're allowed to "install and not use" the software as many times as you like and then apply the "use" trigger to whichever install you're actually using, but that sounds rather contrieved to me.
Oh so you mean it is a 'machine' license not a 'user' license, right?

Anyway, although I installed Cakewalk products on both my desktop and laptop, I'm not using anyone of them! But to be in peace of mind with my agreement with Cakewalk, I will remove their products from my laptop, it's just taking space (or indeed from both my machines :hihi:)

well i installed it on my last (pc) lappy, and then recently on my new one, no trouble authorising, hth

recursive one wrote:
ENV1 wrote: And finally theres two different FX versions that can be used with other plugins in case youd like to use z3tas FX with some other sound source.
This is no more possible with Z3ta2+. For some reason they removed the FX version.
Yeah, thats right.

When i wrote that post i was under the impression that this thread is about the old z3ta as the title just says z3ta rather than z3ta2.

pwal wrote:well i installed it on my last (pc) lappy, and then recently on my new one, no trouble authorising, hth
Afaik, it won't even require an internet connection to authorize, just the serial, and an activation code. So, yes, it's no problem activating it on several computers. As long as you don't activate it on computers other than yourselves, i don't see the problem anyway.

it did need internet, and showed up in my cake account afterwards (the first time)

Return to “Instruments”