One Synth Challenge #76: Mantra Evo (Syntax Project Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mantra Evo

HandsomeHank wrote:So I can finish my track in time to enter it into the challenge, I'm trying to make an organ patch that actually sounds like an organ ---
Hi

Grab this as a start - made from yours ...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/333 ... sOrgan.fxp

Hope this helps.

dB

Yes, Taron, ideally, I want the attack to be immediate, and then a generic organ-sound to result and remain steady until key is released. I have tried every adjustment I can think of, without success. That patch I uploaded just happens to have the settings which were in place the moment I decided I needed help before continuing to move forward on the patch.

My gratitude, DoctorBob! I will try that tweaked-and-improved patch after I get home from work.

Ok, I've edited my upload with 2 organs now. First is plain, the other is a bit fancier with fade up...
I won't go into details on the challenges one faces in the sweet Mantra Evo, but let's just say, you kinda have to understand where to compromise. Then those very curiously coarse but interesting sounds come out of this thing! 8-)

You're welcome, Hank, by the way. Only took a brief moment to focus on helping you out there. ;)

Thank you very much, Taron! I will also try out those 2 new organ patches, this evening.

Check the AMP ENV of both oscillators. They now are as much in charge as they'll ever be, so you can tweak release, for example, on the organ02 to make them hang a little longer. Just be sure that you do that on both oscillators, unless you want it differently, of course.
I wished the Morph ENV would have a proper linear attack for oscillator02, because it could've been a really nice sound, but instead it just delays the morph only to then suddenly ramp up?! Acts a little as if it was curved by the power of 5 or so, hehe. Anyway...it's kinda fun making organ sounds. :)

OH, and if you can control the Chorus rate for oscillator 2, you can get some killer rotary effects! :hyper:

OK, Gorgor is back, a short little trifle to get back in the swing of things. looking forward to getting more into it next month!

Gorgorgathgorgorgor - Prelude to a Bog Suite

Three instances of Mantra Evo, with one ReaEQ(just for the hi pass) on the whistley thing, one Thrillseeker LA and one Loudmax on the master bus.

Haven't been hanging around much here this month. Lots to do at work and otherwise take time to enjoy summer with the family (+ a frakking lawn that takes 4 hours to mow and grows half a meter per week...)

At least decided to make something out of what I started with this special friend of ours a few weeks ago.

It's probably shit, haven't had anyone else check it out or even referenced in other sound systems so this is straight from Reaper to you (whatever you did to deserve it!) :D

Barely mixed or mastered so is unbalanced, harsh and low level (I think, haven't referenced to anything else ;) ).
Mixing philosophy: Throwing a lot of reverb and delay at it and hoping it'll stick!

So although I'm not really sure about the result it feels good to have finished something this month also!

Name: mehum - The De-Evolution of AAAOOOMMM

https://soundcloud.com/neophile/mehum-t ... -aaaooommm

Mantras involved: 22

Other:
A1StereoControl
VOS BootEQmkII
VOS DensitykIII
Klanghelm IVGI * 4
Limiter No6
Luftikus
Molot * 6
ReaComp
ReaDelay
ReaEq * 11
Sandford Delay
TAL Reverb III
TDR Kotelnikov
TDR SlickEQ * 2

Best of luck, everyone! Haven't listened to anything you people have made yet, it'll be fun to hear what you've managed to squeeze out of this toy!

A bit fiddly this one. I started out trying to make hard synth style song but ended making something different instead. :ud:

My Entry for KVR OSC Mantra EVO
Digicore

https://soundcloud.com/thrax-1/thrax-digicore

All sounds made using 19 instances of Mantra EVO in FL Studio 12

Effects VSTs used:
Classic Master Limiter
Fruity Compressor
2 x Fruity Parametric EQ 2
2 x Fruity Reverb 2

@mehum
Absolutely meditative! I really like it! :tu: :phones:

@Thrax
Some nice depth in there, nice contrasts (like I'm talking about a painting, haha). Gets a little doodley frequently, but that happens to all of us, I think, hehe.

I so worry I'm getting on all of your nerves, when I start offering uninvited lectures, but I really want to tell you what I feel, hoping that it not just makes sense to you, but gives you some extra inspiration. In this case it is about musical/motivational clarity.
I think there are coarsely speaking two different kinds of instrumental tracks:
A. illustrative (creates an atmosphere, vibe, a sensation of some kind, regardless at what speed or energy)
B. narrative (tells a story, has a beginning, a journey or transition and an end)
When you mix up the two, often it ends up tumbling around, kind of like a headless chicken, if you know what I mean. One can sense, if there was a genuine concept, because it reflects not just in the entire arc and strophes of it, but in each element, each melody, even in each sound and so on.
I would somehow assume it was a good idea to decide what to go for and enjoy what that allows you to do, rather than to be one thing, playing/pretending the other. It's just a hunch, really, but it's something I notice quite often. It gets tricky, when you're listening to a particularly skilled musician/technician, because stuff may just sound awesome, but overall it will just not have the lingering power and effect that clarity can provide instead. :pray: ( :lol: )

So, yeah, I hope you don't mind my 2 (generic) cents up there.

In the year 2030, the future reigns with humans who have been able to access their full capabilities. The human race is at peace and the power radiates from the can't be felt around the universe. Able to travel through the solar system & beyond, humans have evolved and The Earth has grown in harmony with its inhabitants.

The process to maximum awareness is gathered in groups of humans in a process called "The One Synth Challenge". Ideas are traded back and forth a light speed as different melodies, rhythms and harmonies are exchanged. The sound is most magnificent and begins the process of illumination. The following muse is a representation of the high energy connection through which the impossible is rendered probable and the frequencies of love and life are transmitted for all to share.

Saukar brings to you.....

MANTRANETIKK!!!

https://soundcloud.com/saukar/mantranetikk

Host= Reaper
Synth = Mantra Evo (18 instances)

Track Effects:
Readelay
Mellowmuse EQ1a (3 instances)
JS Transient Driver Auto-Pan

Bus Effects:
TDR Kotelnikov
Bionic Supa Delay
Kjhaerus Classic Delay
Epicverb
Nebula Free Reverb (Costa Rica Hall)

Master:
Limiter No 6 (on Master)

DR = 10

Enjoy!!!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Taron wrote:Ok, I've edited my upload with 2 organs now.
I only see Organ 1 in the upload. I'm eager to try out your Organ 2, as well.

Hello again people.

This is our very late submission for this month's OSC. I must say it was automation hell all over. I've never had to make so many workarounds to get what I wanted before. My computer is also showing its age, with this many instances it is unlistenable due to the underruns, so it was render/listen/fix/render/listen cycle all the time. It was also hard to get my head around the synth itself at first. That was remedied with extensive experimentation.
The overall genre is psytrance (the melodic morning kind). The name came from 2 things combined: the track is a mess in the playlist, and I'm in the process of studying thermodynamics for the exam next week. :)

https://soundcloud.com/syntaxproject/sy ... mantra-evo

Anyway, onward with the dissection:

Host: FL Studio 12

62x Mantra Evo (special prize for most instances used anyone? :wink:)

Effects:
14x Fruity PanOMatic (prefader volume for automations)
43x Fruity Parametric EQ 2
9x Fruity Limiter (compressor)
18x Fruity Reverb 2
19x Fruity Delay 2
1x Tal Dub Delay
5x Fruity Delay Bank
4x Love Philter (sidechain pumping emulation and trance gate)
3x Peak Controller (simple sine LFO for synth parameters)
2x Maximus (multiband compressor)
1x TDR VOS Slick EQ (master)

TT Dynamic Range Meter: DR6

Sorry if my mastering sucks because I really don't know how to master properly (it was more in the way: "slap this multiband comp, turn this eq knob, add limiter and increase loudness - I think its... done?" kinda thing).

I don't know if it's against the rules to create manual LFO automation for the synth parameters, lack of the internal LFO multiplier (or LFO amount knob) forced me to draw most of the LFO shapes with automation curves.

Hope you enjoy it!

PS:
To the synth author: I would suggest (if he will ever update this synth) to include amount knobs for every envelope and LFO, phase knob for the LFO, extended time on the envelopes (decay, attack and release). Fine pitch knob would be better if it were bipolar like the Oct knob (actually you could merge detune and oct knobs in one with +-36 semitone range). Remove the reverb because it is redundant (maybe I used it wrong but it sounded like a hollow tube/pipe most of the time), put the delay there instead and add osc input volume to it. The eq should be before the distortion and not limited to the bass portion. The distortion is great btw.
I would also add separate pitch knobs to the modulator osc in the FM part, like you have in the PD part. Also to fix the annoying bug with the pitch envelope (it has unavoidable delay). That would make this one very cool synth.
Hope I didn't sound too harsh. These are my suggestions so take it with a grain of salt.

So many great tracks already there. :tu:

Hope I'll get mine done to the deadline. Fortunately we have a second more tonight. :hihi:

HandsomeHank wrote:
Taron wrote:Ok, I've edited my upload with 2 organs now.
I only see Organ 1 in the upload. I'm eager to try out your Organ 2, as well.
Pfff, that's so annoying, I'm sorry man! I'm so used to the luxury of being able to update files and posts. :roll:

Check the attachment! ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Syntax, that's insane! :o

Return to “Instruments”