Fragile Gods - "The Future Never Came"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This song was sparked by hearing someone say the phrase "the future never came" during a radio interview. I don't know what the context was but I knew it would be a good song title for me.

http://soundcloud.com/fragilegods/thefuturenevercame

The lyrics are on the SoundCloud page.

The usual suspects were involved: Electra2, Monark, Drumatic4, Audjoo Helix, and Polysix. This time I played a bit of real tambourine in the chorus although it is very low in the mix.

Any feedback is appreciated.

This track is available on my debut EP: https://fragilegods.bandcamp.com
Last edited by Frantz on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Frantz delivers once again! spot on production on this. vocals sit very well and the lyrics well written.
oozing that good o'l 80's groove ala bowie and iggy pop but with a modern clarity. solid track, Frantz.
another KVR music forum Hit!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

As Layzer said: Solid

:tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Very cool Fragile. A modern Peter Gunn with style (yes Layzer, Bowie is a great comparison)... Love the bass! Top vocals and an interesting topic. Time is always interesting in a relative way... :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Great stuff. Well done :)

The off-kilter all-minor chord progression reminds me of Kraftwerk (no surprises there). All the sounds used in this are super solid and weighty except, imo, the snare, which sounds like a closed hi hat. Unless that happens to be a hi hat, in which case I'd prefer a snare on the backbeat. I love the bell sound and your signature crispy-but-not-harsh vocal. Good work!

layzer wrote:Frantz delivers once again! spot on production on this. vocals sit very well and the lyrics well written.
oozing that good o'l 80's groove ala bowie and iggy pop but with a modern clarity. solid track, Frantz.
Thanks Layzer. I really appreciate the listen and feedback. I am thinking of retiring now since this may be the most positive comment I receive on my music. :D

The music is a 10, aside from any nit-picking...but I can`t buy into the vocal mix. Your performance is good...it`s not that...I don`t know, it doesn`t seem to fit in there right. Maybe i`m hearing that it`s too wide (stereo width). Or maybe I hear too much room(reverberation)on the vocal in an otherwise synth ITB production. I don`t have much experience with vocal recording/mixing. Sorry I can`t be more specific.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

This is really a fun tune!

It got me dancing on my desktop, (oh, there is a song in that too).

I would like to hear you add a vocal that is less controlled and abandoned. (in the background)
It would add a bit more "looseness" to the track.

Great stuff, enjoyed it.

sbj wrote:As Layzer said: Solid

:tu:
Thanks for the listen and the encouraging words. :)

Cool track, once again, from Fragile Gods :-)

Good theme...

"This is not the future my mother warned me about. That future definitely had lasers, I'm sure of it. That future would have been totally sweet."
- http://www.cracked.com/article_17454_te ... lshit.html

"The American dream is dead. This is not the li(f)e I was promised."
-Me

Terminal Sound Machine has a track called "tomorrow will not come" on "last night I dreamt of Armageddon".

I'm particularly fond of this theme... ;-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Allomerus wrote:Very cool Fragile. A modern Peter Gunn with style (yes Layzer, Bowie is a great comparison)... Love the bass! Top vocals and an interesting topic. Time is always interesting in a relative way... :)
Thanks Allomerus! As far as the bassline goes, I was trying to do something a bit like Giorgio Moroder rather than Peter Gunn but I see what you mean.

I'm glad the vocals sounded good to you. I'm not a real singer but I put more effort into them this time doing more takes and overdubs.

Thanks for the great feedback. :)

Frantz wrote:
layzer wrote:Frantz delivers once again! spot on production on this. vocals sit very well and the lyrics well written.
Thanks Layzer. I really appreciate the listen and feedback. I am thinking of retiring now since this may be the most positive comment I receive on my music. :D
NO! you can't retire! not till i see you live, on tour with Kraftwerk opening for you in sold out stadiums! :x
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

daniel_baum wrote:Great stuff. Well done :)
Thanks for the comment Daniel. :)

nineofkings wrote:crispy-but-not-harsh vocal
To me it sounded less crispy than usual (less distortion?), which I liked. I never minded the more distorted vocals, but I think this song has your best vocal work yet. Everything else works nicely too. Well done. Enjoyed it. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Music Cafe”